FanFiction.Net
for Words of Comfort

7/6/2019 c1 natalieeham
Ok thanks I’m crying now this was so good
6/1/2019 c1 47Fires of Eden Red Rose Aurora
Aww, it is so sad! Almost hurts my heart. I am not really a Hinny fan, but i can enjoy a good and nice Hinny story.
Well written.
5/26/2019 c1 148rebecca-in-blue
This is a good take on what Ginny went through during Deathly Hallows. I especially liked the "As memory too faded..." paragraph because it very well conveys Ginny's fears for Harry and how alone she feels. I did find the wording awkward in some places ("The laughter she tried to hold back was apparent in her laugh," for example) and there are several SPaG errors throughout, especially in the form of missing apostrophes.
5/23/2019 c1 44AshenMoon42
Thanks for writing this! I think the idea is really sweet, but there are a few mistakes with tenses and using the wrong words. Also, perhaps you could've added a little more when Fred comes out, just because it seems dwarfed by the mass of Ginny's thoughts that comes before it. Keep writing!
5/22/2019 c1 24silentlyatnight
How nice to see Ginny and Fred together, and Fred is such a good big brother! Really, this is sweet, especially because Harry was indeed looking at the same moon :) I really enjoyed this story!
5/21/2019 c1 4AngelAmore
I like how you portray a part of the story J.K. always kinda left out. I read HP when I was teenager way back and always missed the romance.
8/4/2018 c2 83LucyLuna
Also, heads up, posting a/ns as chapters isn't really a great idea. It's technically against FF's R&G (even if I think they'll do fuck all about it should someone report you). Personally a/n chapters kind of annoying me, so I'd say they annoy others too (no one's ever alone in any thought or opinion), because you click that next button looking for more story and when you don't find more… Well, let's just say I'm leery of reading people's stories who do it too much.
I honestly think you would be best off adding in an a/n at the end of the other chapter telling people there's another story from Harry's POV and writing in your summary "Companion to "Moonlit Memories", to let people know about it and that there's more.
8/4/2018 c1 LucyLuna
"Walking down the stairs, she pauses. Harry was in the hallway, in front of the families' large mirror." So there are a few issues here. You switch tenses between the first sentence and the next, either you stick with the present you established or you change it all to past. This is an issue that occurs more than here in your story. It happens at the end of the fic too, starting at about: "At this Ginny finally smiled." It all went to past when previously it was present.
Another thing is it should be "family's" not "families'" since the mirror belongs to one family (the Weasley's), not two or more.
I also think that comma after "hallway" is unnecessary. It creates a weird pause between the two parts of the sentence that it doesn't need or really work.
"appearing to be to trying to make it lay flat." This reads funny to me. That second "to" after "be" isn't needed I think. Personally, I think it'd be even better as "appearing to try and make it lay flat." But, really, that's a taste thing and it's just that extra "to" that should be removed.
"The laughter she was trying to hold back was apparent in her laugh." Sooo "laugh" is probably supposed to be voice, yeah?
"descending down the stars to stand next to him." "stars" should be "stairs".
"with a smile hearing his light choke behind her." This is another bit that reads kind of funny to me. I think it'd work better if it were:
"with a smile listening to him quietly choke behind her."
There are probably more issues and I think this could honestly do with a good look over by someone other than yourself (new eyes especially) to improve and polish it, but I think I've pointed out enough for now. It's a good starting point for edits, anyhow.
As for the story itself, it's not bad. Not mind-blowing, but sweet and solid overall. I especially enjoyed when Fred came into comfort Ginny. I thought it was very kind of him to not only be there for her while she was sad, but help assure her Harry's fine since there's not been any news of him being caught. The part where hypothesized that Harry was staring at the moon at the exact same moment thinking of her too was really cute.
I liked the cut to Harry as well and how he mused on her and their relationship and the way they used to stare at the moon together as well. The "I love you" bit was a very good way to end this chapter.
8/1/2018 c1 19AndurilofTolkien
8/1/2018 c1 24Tonirae
Heart melting g
7/29/2018 c1 149pottermum
Aw, sweet story, perhaps a missing moment, well done xx
7/29/2018 c1 14rezakeene
This is so beautiful. We all know Ginny as this little firecracker, but everyone's allowed a moment of fear. And I agree she seems to be very close to the twins and it had to be Fred. Loved reading it and I wouldn't say no to a sequel from Harry's point of view. Thanks for sharing!