for As Long As You're Mine

8/28/2020 c40 AwkwardLittleTurtle
I feel like I'm really repeating myself here - but this was another great chapter. My heart really breaks for Emma. You've done such an amazing job of characterizing Emma, considering she's an original character and you had to start from scratch with her.
8/27/2020 c40 nancy.ramos
Wow, poor Emma! The little girl who lost so much, so young! Yes
8/27/2020 c40 littlesweetcheeks
I am guessing you have received some entitled nasty reviewers recently as well? I have. I have been around fandom long enough to know to ignore them. No reader is entitled to anything and if they don't like what you write, they can move on.
One of my stories was recently attacked and the attack 100% was because they failed to do their job as a reader and read the information i provided up front, so they looked the idiot.
This is an interesting idea. Canon does tease it and leaves plenty of room for what if, os it's interesting to see it play out.
8/27/2020 c39 AwkwardLittleTurtle
I really love the way you've captured all the layers of Emma's reaction here, and her conflicting emotions. I have so many favorite moments from the last few chapters - her calmness when asking Henry whether she looks like Conrad, the way she seems to almost enjoy watching her parents squirm while she's watching the news, and then the softness when she tells them that she's not trying to be mean. I could go on and on haha. But I'm really, really enjoying this fic.

AND I just have to add my voice to everyone else sticking up for this fic. I'm still really in shock that there are people ridiculous enough to think that there is a one correct interpretation of Henry and Elizabeth's marriage - of course, aside from this being AU, it's completely up to the author to reimagine what she thinks H/E's marriage looks like, and what their journey has been - whether that's happy, struggling or whatever. It's disrespectful to no one... And I hope she realizes that it's disrespectful to no one since Henry and Elizabeth don't actually exist. Also, just for the sake of argument, Henry, in canon, actually insinuated, in a very pass-agg annoying way, that Elizabeth might actually have had an affair with Conrad... so this Henry is actually responding much better and in a much more mature way. Just saying.

Sorry, that was rather long-winded (actually, no, not really sorry, lol).
8/26/2020 c39 34mmacy
finally got a chance to catch up on the chapters you’ve recently uploaded, and i wasn’t disappointed! I absolutely loved the chapter seeing the kids reaction to E’s affair, and i hope we get more glimpses into that certainly trying time. i can’t even begin to imagine what they may be feeling. the way you wrote stevie’s reaction to the news totally surprised me, but i liked seeing her act mature. i’ve said it before but this story is one of my favorites not only because of your writing but because of your bravery for posting something with the affair topic. putting any of your own writing out there for readers to read (and judge) opens you up and makes you vulnerable. i appreciate any and all writers who have the guts to post, especially the ones who write about the subjects that they know some may dislike. and to the readers leaving negative comments one piece of advice that most of learned as children: if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. i can’t wait to for future chapters, and i’m on the edge of my seat to see where you take it. i’m sure i’ll love anything you come up with!
8/23/2020 c39 Guest
It’s shocking to me that a reader would have the audacity to dictate to a writer what they should and should not write! If it’s not your cup of tea, simply look away. I, for example am not a fan of Stevie and Dimitri so I tend to not read those fics or I save them for a drought when I’m desperate. I don’t berate the author who has lovingly put her creation out in the world for our enjoyment.
8/22/2020 c39 Kimesita
Power struggle indeed...wow this is good!
8/22/2020 c39 nancy.ramos
I do understand what Marie is saying but I tend to go with Speakingsilently. I will stop reading or never read it again. I am hopefully never mean about it, as it is Fiction after all. We just need to be kind to each other, and thank these awesome ladies for writing usually awesome stories. They have helped me through some pretty dark times, and having a few minutes to take my mind off it, makes all the difference.
8/22/2020 c1 1speakingsilently
A fanfic that involves the characters from a show is considered to be a fanfic about that show. Hence the label “Madam Secretary” being put on it.
If you don’t like where a story is heading, feel free to leave it behind. There’s no need to try and shame an author or a group of readers for their interest in an AU story with our characters.
I know that I read these pieces with the understanding that it’s all fiction (as is the show) and that the picture of Elizabeth I’ve drawn in my mind through the show wont change because of someone’s differing portrayal.
If you have a hard time keeping those separate, then I understand why you would be mildly upset about it. But there’s no need to berate people for enjoying them. It would just be better for all involved if you quit reading and moved to something more enjoyable for yourself.
Anyway.
I’ve been following this story since it was first published and am so happy to see the frequent updates now. I’m not sure how it’ll turn out, but I’m very excited to see where we go from here! Please keep writing!
8/22/2020 c1 Marie
Sometimes I wonder what is actually wrong with this fandom. Elizabeth would NEVER cheat on Henry with anyone. You’re writing is good but concept is horrible. Feels like most of you guys haven’t watched the show and understand the characters for who they are. Might as well post this story on random ff because this is NOT madam secretary. I don’t understand why this fandom is encourages stories like this when they are so many FF out there that are true to character don’t get much reviews. But stuff like this smh. Never been more disappointed with a fandom before. I get it the show didn’t have as much a drama or romance between H and E as much as we would have liked but that doesn’t mean you get to butcher characters like this. Write stories that drama , suspense , travesty whatever but STAY TRUE to the characters at least. I would have all up for the story but the moment I got to chapter about her having an affair and Emma being Conrad I stopped reading and will not continue reading the rest of this.
8/22/2020 c39 14lil'mousie323
Oh wow, that’s not the reaction I thought Emma would have. Elizabeth is going to spiral into panic attacks and Henry has got to be torn! Will they tell her the truth about everything? Let her talk to and see Conrad?
Can’t wait to read more!
8/21/2020 c39 NYElizabeth
wow what a way to find out! Poor Emma .
8/19/2020 c38 Kimesita
I forgot that she didn’t know!
8/18/2020 c38 NYElizabeth
I love these updates so many thoughts about what's going to happen!
8/18/2020 c37 Guest