FanFiction.Net
for If That Happens, I'll Catch You

8/24/2018 c3 116Rookblonkorules
This chapter was lovely. You have a stunning vocabulary.
It hurt so much seeing little Tim just... wanting to be wanted and thinking that he... really isn't. Not in the way that he needs to be. And Bruce... I was thinking he was going to be seeing himself losing Tim, but omgsh, he was remembering Jason and that hurts too.
But Tim- I'M SO PROUD OF MY BOY. Stepping up and doing the right thing to help Bruce and disregarding how much it hurt him to do so!
Just... Tim is such a self-sacrificing (smart) child and I love him for it.
You did him justice. 10/10
Also, a lot of Scarecrow fics (including my own) involve one of the kids getting gassed, but I like the fact that you had it happen to Bruce and Tim had to step up and do something about it.
(Also the fact that Bruce pretty much bashed Tim in his fear gassed state kinda breaks my heart, because... ouch.)
So... in the first chapter you mentioned you would be willing to do requests?
Actually... I was hoping to maybe see a chapter where Bruce almost loses Tim and has to face his fears of losing another child- I would imagine that it would be... rough, since the pain of losing Jason was still quite fresh when Tim came around.
I feel like it could tie in with this chapter and Tim sort of getting a glimpse of just how much he means to Bruce.
8/24/2018 c3 14blatherin-blatherskite
Me, every three seconds reading this chapter : ow

Very sweet and very well written! I give you super props for being able to write a fanfic that causes my friends to ask me what’s wrong when I visibly look distraught while reading it.
8/24/2018 c3 Inthenightguest
I really loved tis chapter. I can't get enough of your writing style. It's very detailed without being overwhelmingly so. I get enough of the emotional side while still getting the physical. I'm not sure how to explain it. I love it so much. Please update soon. I need more.
8/24/2018 c3 13Loftcat27
So fluffy! My heart was so full after reading this!
8/24/2018 c3 23PrettyKitty Luvs U
I'm dying. I am literally dying in this sea of fluff you've created. Aaaahhhhh so freakin cute! It was so sad at first and then it all just dissolved into adorable, cute fluff! I really really really REALLY loved this chapter so much. You're writing is the synonym of purrfection and don't you dare stop writing EVER!

Wonderful chapter as always. I hope you'll update soon :)
8/21/2018 c2 Inthenightguest
I'm so glad I found this story. I love it. I'm glad someone is paying Tim some attention. I got fed up with the Young Justice archive. You handled the suicide conversation really well. Is that from the one, when the guy sits on the ledge and asks if Tim deals with it and he answers that he does? Sorry, I don't read comics. I loved this and please update soon!
8/20/2018 c2 116Rookblonkorules
This chapter- This Chapter- THIS CHAPTER!
I loved how Tim handled that man... he's right. If the man wants to die, Tim really can't stop him. He can try, but the man will keep going back up there. You can try putting him in the hospital, but... the point of helping a would-be suicide victim is not just to stop them from killing themselves, it's to help them reach a point where they don't WANT to kill themselves anymore.
And Tim's question at the end just broke my heart. I mean... his parents probably wouldn't have cared if he had decided to do it. Neglect is a painful and damaging thing and he's... not really sure where he's standing yet, I guess. I loved Bruce's answer. "I would catch you. And I'd just never let go."
Yes. Just... Yes.
8/20/2018 c2 23PrettyKitty Luvs U
Awwww this was so sweet but really sad. Loved it~
8/20/2018 c2 Guest
Hearty but nice in a sort of sad way...
8/18/2018 c1 13Loftcat27
Cute and loveable.
8/17/2018 c1 23PrettyKitty Luvs U
I totally agree with you on the lack of fluffy Tim and Bruce bonding fics. So what you're doing right now makes me really happy! This was really cute and I loved it. Your writing is amazing too~ :D

Mhmm, maybe you can do a chapter in which Batman and Robin (Tim) go for milkshakes after patrol? That's be sweet to read :)

Update soon!
8/17/2018 c1 ONOBOCOCOPO
T_T , yes and no at the same time I was craving a bruce and Tim fluff for so long but god this was bittersweet, loved that it was from Bruce’s point of view as well it made it more reall for some reason, thank you so much, as for possible recommendations, I had one that I loved from the bottom of my heart on fanfiction a while back it was about when Bruce has left for a mission and Tim was responsible for Gotham at the time, it was literally a piece of art , amazing amazing writing, however last year or the year before that it kind of disappeared from fanfiction, I had it in my reading list for quick access and just like that gone and I have been searching for it since then , I really want to find it again, I can’t remember the name as well I’m so stupid!, this turned into a rant but another possible on is called “Tim” in my favorite, it’s not straight up fluff but amazing dynamic between the a nice day
8/17/2018 c1 116Rookblonkorules
YES, SHE'S DONE IT AGAIN! You are a blessing! *bows deeply to you*
I agree. There aren't enough Tim stories. I was trying to find some a while back. I still lack confidence in my Tim writing skills, which I why I haven't contributed, but YOU ARE A BLESSING! I can't get that down enough. Not only do you have Tim's character down, but your plots are legit the GREATEST and the most unique- or you manage to take clichés (amnesia, talon!fics) and you put an entirely new spin on them that makes them so fresh that it's like they've never been done before and just... your stories are like a breath of fresh air.
I love Dick and all, but... it feels like the majority of fic is about him and... don't get me wrong, he has some incredibly talented writers, but Jason and Tim seem to get overlooked a lot. Tim moreso than Jason. I'm so glad that someone has taken it upon themselves to give Tim the love he deserves.
And now that I am done ranting about literally everything BUT this chapter, let me begin the actual review... *cracks knuckles*
Alrighty, let's begin... your descriptive language is, as always, flawless. I know you've complimented mine before, but you, m'dear, are the queen. You are the queen of descriptive language and your writing is a joy to go over again and again with a fine tooth comb and just enjoy all the little similes and metaphors and easter eggs and just... oh, this is paradise. Have I died and gone to heaven? No, seriously, never stop writing. Tim needs you.
Anyways, some of my personal favorites were. "and the door skirts aside, skittish, like it's been startled by the growl of its own hinges." Personification of inanimate objects! Yes! I like! 100% approval rating!
"... encased in the pillows like it's a casket waiting to be put under." This really hits home with Tim's grief. It's almost like he's just... waiting to join his parents. Another thing I particularly like about this passage is that... I've always seen Tim as the most mature out of the Batboys (some grant Damian that title, but his temper tantrums and constant tirade of, "Me, me, ME! I'M the best!" suggest otherwise to me) but this way of handling his grief, burrowing under his blankets- it's what you would expect of a little boy and it's kind of a reminder that Tim, for all he's been through, is really just a kid. And I honestly appreciate that? So much?
Speaking of which, this Bruce-Tim bonding... they're both so similar in pretty much... everything. Including grieving. Which makes it interesting to see how Bruce is able to predict how Tim is handling things because they're just so alike. It takes one to know one, I guess.
And I love that Bruce is just... sticking through this and refusing to leave even though Tim is feigning sleep and not cooperating. Stubborn love. I like it.
All in all, this was just... a really solid one shot and I'm thrilled to see it out there.
Recommendations... Ooh! OOH! *jumps up and down waving hand in the air* I'mma gonna just recommend Minimum Height Requirement by Drag0nst0rm. It's not solely Bruce-Tim fluff- more like Bruce-legit entire Batfam bonding/fluff/angst (including Cass, Steph and Babs) but it really is worth a read.
103 « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7