for The Mermaid and The Genie

7/26 c1 1Paige Brooklyn Storey
I kind of like to imagine that the ocean dress that the Genie gives Ariel during the song is similar to Ariel’s mermaid costume from the Broadway show.

The song sequence as a whole is super awesome, and I also enjoy all of the pop culture references that the genie makes!
6/27 c6 Cha0s4ever
Great story, perfect length and well written.
12/31/2020 c1 9WaterDragonMaverick
Okay, I'm loving this idea! Ariel meets Genie and gets to have her wish to be human done another way. Loved that variation of "Friend Like Me".
12/24/2020 c1 EmperorOfTheNight7
I absolutely love this! You've done amazing work! This is one of my new favorite fanfics! I especially love how you added Genie to the story yet still stayed true to the individual characters. I mean, you stayed true to their personalities; Ariel's innocence, Sebastian's paranoia, and Genie's random wackiness!

I just have one small question; If they're underwater, how can there be dust?
10/3/2020 c1 Zerojet
Maybe you should do a version where Ariel found Eden's bottle. Eden is the female genie from the Aladdin tv series.
9/15/2020 c6 27Hewy Toonmore
While I did enjoy this story, I felt you were trying way too hard with the genie's pop culture jokes in some parts and didn't really give him time to have a breather, be calm and supportive. There were parts where he was, but I feel they were way too short. Overall, it's not a bad story, but in my opinion, it could have been better.
7/23/2020 c6 14Data Seeker
Chapter 6

Hi

Great epilog. Ursula is dealt with, and due to the nature of Ariel’s second wish (all past wishes get undone) she’s a mermaid again.

The moment with Ariel and her father was good.

The moment with Ariel facing Eric and revealing her mermaid heritage was good.

It’s a dynamic moment where Genie is willing to give up his freedom for Ariel and Ariel wishes Genie to be Free. But Triton then gives Ariel a human form and she can be happy with Eric.

The ending bit with Ariel’s wedding and Genie out to see the world- but stops in was a good bit.

The wholesome standards are high. Nothing is offensive.
Finale conclusion. It’s a very good adaption, the way you redid Disney the Little Mermaid and combined Disney Aladdin elements in it.

Also, the characters are fleshed out better. Characters from DTLM Film have depth and appeal, but have a few flaws that are easy to miss. For example, Ariel isn’t a role model and the reconciling between her and her father are weak, and Eric isn’t much of a character.

I like how being lovesick rebel is only part of who she is. She shows compassion, and even self-sacrifice and there was a more heart felt reconciling between her and her father.

Genies is very in character and the friendship between him and Ariel was appealing and felt organic. Particularly when Ariel gave up her dream for his.

Eric is more complex, namely how he has a past, and there is more detail to him and Ariel’s relationship.

The others are better too.

The Fic’s primarily flaw are typos. For the most part, they are good and readable. But there are quite a few typos. I suggest you find Beta Readers to help you, that’s what I do.

There’s a saying: Iron sharpens iron, friend sharpens friend.

I hope you like this review (and the others). God bless

7/23/2020 c5 Data Seeker
Chapter 5

Hi

Good continuation. The whole thing with Ursula being ruler of both land and Seas.

Working together, Eric, Ariel and friends manage to sneak in, and all chaos breaks loose and with some luck manage to get the lamp and undo the wishes.

Various aspects and characterizations are good.

Genie is very in character- and his imitations are a nice bit.

Ariel’s sisters had good moments when they were slaves to Ursula.

Eric and Ariel are very well done, namely Eric’s courage and Ariel seeking to fix what has happened.

God bless

7/23/2020 c4 Data Seeker
Chapter 4

Hi

Your adaption chapter is very good.

The beginning with Eric telling Ariel about his father and their relationship was nicely written and the chemistry between Eric and Ariel was good. And the proposal is good. Such, love isn’t that fast, but I get your keeping to the source. Not innately a bad thing. You did suspend the unbelief which is good.

The middle scene with Ariel contemplating her happily ever after was good. She has what she wants, but loves her family and is torn.

But then Ursula subtly steals the Lamp.

The ending scene with Ursula rubbing the Lamp and summoning the Genie was great, almost mirroring the scene with Jafar from Aladdin. She wishes to rule the Ocean, and her second wish is to rule the Surface.

The various details are good. Genie’s characterization and dialog while slave to Ursula were good.
It’s interesting how Ursula remakes the Atlantica palace in her imagine and takes Triton’s triton and crown and then changes her mind and discard them since her wishes give her so much power.

7/23/2020 c3 Data Seeker
Chapter 3

Hi

Nice chapter. It’s a nice blend with an adaption, the original Film and new elements you had.

Genie’s role is good. The various trivia incorporated in the chapter are good.

The ending bit with the eels interrupting the Mood and failing to get the lamp was good. Now Ursula is plotting a different move.

7/23/2020 c2 Data Seeker
Chapter 2

Hi

Great continuation. It’s a great alteration how Arial is human but has her voice, thus her meeting with Eric is different.

Also, while the chapter is a retelling of Ariel’s first day as a human, its great things are similar but different from the source material

And the characterization and dialog is good, namely how Genie’s presence was good.

Also, I like the relationship between Genie and Ariel, it so subtle and profound, namely how they have something in common and care for each other.

The quality is good in many areas. While many of the paragraphs, grammar and spelling are good, some areas need work.

The wholesome standards are high.

I am dubious about two words but I won’t make a big deal on them.

And you handled Ariel being human on the beach in a tasteful fashion, and it was good how Genie kept things K.

7/23/2020 c1 Data Seeker
Chapter 1

Hi

I came across your fic by chance. It looks interesting. Originally I skimmed it. Now I’m going to read and review it properly.

Your crossover/What If story is an interesting idea.

The beginning with Arial’s collection getting destroyed and by chance has a Magic lamp and rubs it was interesting.

The following with Genie getting released, identifying himself to Arial, Flounder and Sebastian in his own unique way was great.
Then comes the rules, and Ariel decides to wish herself human.

Unknown to them, Ursula saw this via her magic and decides on a change of plan.

The quality is great in many areas: good narration, paragraphs, drama, depth, complexity and scope.

Various trivia in this chapter are good. I am dubious on the lyrics. Don’t get me wrong, I like them. But FF has a rule against using lyrics. Now you did edit some of the words, so maybe you’re in the clean. I just thought I should point that out.

This is what I think of the wholesome standards thus far.

The language is clean.
Nothing is suggestively offensive.
No extreme violence or any other vile content.

7/20/2020 c1 8Ember Neutron
I actualy have a simular idea only with some differences like turning into Gordon Ramsay to tear into the poor chef, a human version of Eden from the tv show, and mixing in some Will Smith's Genie and the Broadway musical (both the little mermaid and Aladden). I hope you don't mind
6/11/2020 c7 17tww london
can't wait for the sequel!
4/1/2020 c7 13Sailor Dragonball 87
Can’t wait to read the sequel! Don’t forget Jafar!
44 Page 1 .. Last Next »