for Chiaroscuro

2/16/2019 c1 James Birdsong
Good fanfic obviously
10/23/2018 c1 130rebecca-in-blue
I'm familiar with several forms of Batman, although not the cartoon that this story is tagged to, so it was interesting to see what he struggled with in this version. I especially liked the mention early on that Bruce was always "too deductive, cold, calculating," even before his parents' death, and that even just cemented who he already was. It's a take I don't think I've seen in Batman fanfic before.

Some of this story was on the boring side for me because it's almost all telling-not-showing. Towards the end, it kinda starts to feel like one long summary of "Then this happened, then this happened, etc." I think showing the reader even a brief scene could do a lot to combat this.

P.S. I'm reviewing authors who've gotten hit by the spammer, just to remind you that there are still real reviews out there! I hope you'll pay it forward and review someone else who's been under spam attack. :)
10/16/2018 c1 Warrionon-98

Remember, we all are walking under the immortal shadow of Him.

His light shines so brightly, it will guide us to our foreseen destiny that is in our grasp.

Now onto the actual review:
And then she revealed herself, peeling away like layers of a complex onion. She wasn't just a former C.I.A. agent with military expertise; she'd also done undercover work in the League of Assassins, picking up a souvenir in the form of the mystical, deadly Soultaker Sword. She'd lied to me, but when I saw her drive to fend back the League and protect Alfred, I knew she was cut out to help protect Gotham. Her motivations and reasons were different, as was her form of training, but nevertheless, she grew to be what Gotham needed her as; her namesake, Katana.

This website is all about the LGBT. :(
10/16/2018 c1 Madisadisa-34

Now onto the actual review:
So, after everything that happened from when I started as Batman, my perspective in both of my lives has changed. Bruce Wayne and Batman are still a necessary evil, a yin and yang constantly at war for control of my well-being because they decide how and when I can help my city. The difference now is that I know I'm not so alone anymore. My allies and colleagues are united with me, and through us Gotham, has a fighting chance to escape the crime that's smothered it for decades.

Everything in life is relative. :(
10/15/2018 c1 KKiffy 57

Now onto the actual review:
I don't know what my parents would think of my current role, but I can't mull over what could have been. Because right now, my life is pulled between the light and dark too much to be black or white. The contrast is my life; chiaroscuro defines me and my struggles, and I intend on never letting go.

Feminists believe in the political, social, and economic equality of all genders. xD
10/15/2018 c1 TaylnsalaX10

Now onto the actual review:
A/N: Ah, Chiaroscuro. This is a story I've been itching to do for some time, but just making it was a challenge. See, this is dedicated to Beware the Batman, a TV show back in 2013-2014 that, in my opinion, was criminally underrated and too short of a good thing. The idea was to do a one-shot, but even that got changed up so many times. Luckily, I figured out what I wanted to do with this, so everything's fine now.

This will be another magical evening with our extended family. T_T
10/15/2018 c1 BuffTaylTaylor 66

Now onto the actual review:
Metamorpho and Man-Bat came next. Victimized by horrific evil at the hands of others, their lives could have very much turned to tragic villainy. Instead, I empathized with them because I knew the pain of being victimized. They're still dealing with their lost humanity, but working alongside others has helped lessen their plights. And their unique abilities are a useful asset in crimefighting.

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends. O_O
10/15/2018 c1 Herfby.62

Now onto the actual review:
Then his daughter, Barbara, got herself inserted into the mix. She was a persistent thorn, begging to help in any way she could. I initially took her for a fanatic teenager, but her computer skills and familial defense for the law – even if it meant stepping outside its boundaries – earned my respect. Without her technical wizardry, much of what we'd accomplished wouldn't have occurred at all.

The focus is on statistically significant features of lexico-grammar used within particular sub-sets of texts associated with a particular discipline. O.o
10/14/2018 c1 Emmiyran-27

10/13/2018 c1 ShepShepharanya 72

Now onto the actual review:
The year progressing, I found myself just questioning who I was. Fights were beginning to become more taxing. The adversaries Tatsu and I faced weren't just smarter, but also garnering abilities and skills few people could hope to gain in a lifetime. More than that, one or two of my new foes seemed to form psychotic attachments to me, holding themselves up to me as some sort of equal. Anarky, in particular, loved the attention, and it only made me more determined to lock him up in Blackgate.

Are u serious?!
10/13/2018 c1 Ssuke76

Now onto the actual review:
Nice to get that done. Feel free to review if you'd like. To make things juicer, there may be more Beware the Batman stories down the pipeline…

Come on...
10/13/2018 c1 SampaImp 47

Now onto the actual review:
All this emotional taxing came to a head when Alfred left, desiring to finish up some loose ends. With nobody like him to morally ground me, my two halves crushed into a semi-amorphous being. I quit holding back and went all out, snapping on Killer Croc and lurking more in the shadows than in the sunlight. Katana tried to reel me in, but it was harder than ever to be two people when everything seemed to be getting progressively worse.

Cool!
10/13/2018 c1 TanTanyji50

Now onto the actual review:

What a beautiful piece of literatur.
10/13/2018 c1 LLituriaX2