for Stormclaw

10/5 c21 4Charrlizard
Probably because there's a hundred 'new' lore characters whose timelines we've finally gotten to, but don't worry. The focus is still mostly on our druid, and his perspective. These next 3 decades or so are going to seem Very active, compared to the last ten millennia.

Idk where I read it, but as far as I'm aware, 10,000 is usually considered in their prime/older (like 40-50 for humans) for Kaldorei, before the Sundering. They had some long ass lineages. In modern WoW times, that number could change, but at the very least your average Night Elf will be around for millennia, while older elves like Malfurion, Illidan, and even Laronar will start feeling the effects of aging, though I imagine their nature magic will make them endure a while longer. Magic users tend to last longer, in WoW canon.

Apparently Nightborne have similar 10,000 ish lifespans, although who knows if that was thanks to the Nightwell, and the time magic they used with it. With magic, blood elves can apparently last about half that time, so even without Nordrassil, the Night Elves will be around for a while. Assuming Blizz doesn't keep killing them.
9/29 c21 1vincent1875
Why does he seem less and less relevant as the story goes on? Also what's the lifespan of the dark elves now that they're no longer immortal. Seems like he most of the common cast would be dying off relatively quickly.
9/26 c21 Wori Hu
Amazing, i have been waiting for sooo long for this update. keep up the good work!
7/13 c19 4Charrlizard
Relearning WC3 lore was not unpleasant lol, glad you're enjoying the story. Humans didn't really come around for quite a while, from a Nelf perspective. They're just Vrykul runts, basically. As for allies, the Shifting Sands is depicted as being Fandral's war, and he's a grumpy boi on a good day. Losing his son kind of made him the ideal puppet for the old gods, hence why he was consistently an ass throughout the conflict. We're finally in the time period most people are more familiar with, so stay tuned.
7/12 c20 1vincent1875
Now this is lore that I'm more familiar with. Thought to be honest I half forgot it.
7/12 c18 vincent1875
I was wondering where the humans were in all this. I don't know the lore all that well.
7/12 c16 vincent1875
I wonder why these elves can't seem to stop pushing away allies.
7/12 c15 vincent1875
I'm waiting to see the wild god and what benefits he got from that.
7/12 c13 vincent1875
Some parts confused me here. He went up to meet the Tauren's but the Ashen were already there to watch them spar? Good chapter
7/12 c12 vincent1875
The was quite the long side story to bring us up to speed on his brother. Wonder when we'll meet his sister again. Good story so far.
6/5 c20 PenSnatcher
Love it - really keeping me hooked with the lore but I'm also hella interested in each character and their own 'factions'. Looking forward to more, keep it up!
6/5 c20 4Charrlizard
It's more like half a chapter, but said chapter is also 4x longer than the others tend to be.

Most of the actual warfare of the 3rd war is just delaying Archimonde as long as possible, and we're sticking to the night elven perspective, so there's really not as much as you'd think, since most of it is exclusive to lore characters. I also try not to repeat things people have probably already seen/played. Like WC3's ending. From here on the wars get far more interesting, but the nelves don't really do much until wrath/cata.
6/5 c20 6FractiousDay
Seems a bit much to have the whole of the 3rd war in just one chapter.
2/26 c19 PenSnatcher
Just read through this over the past week and im dying for more. What a great story , keep it up!
1/17 c18 4Charrlizard
If only there was some sort of cat god in Pandaria who could pass on such wisdom.
35 Page 1 .. Last Next »