for The Cost to Follow the Lion

12/9/2020 c3 82Chica Plutonio
This is probably, the most emotional of all the installments so far. I still have issues reading Last Battle, but at the same time I find it the most beautiful of the seven books. I can see that beauty on this chapter, I must say. The final lines where powerfull and encouraging and full of meaning.

My favourite line is "death could not hold The Lion". Those wods has so much meaning and value in them! I just cannot explain the feelings they bring me. It reminds me of that line in Hillsong's song So Will I: "if you left the grave behind you, so will I"

Anyway, I'm glad I found this story. It's been a while since I read something from Narnia... Cheers!
11/21/2020 c6 30Queen Emily the Diligent
FAVORITE! WOW! This was wonderful!
11/21/2020 c4 Queen Emily the Diligent
This I think was my second favorite chapter. The first is my favorite but this was excellent in meshing the world of Narnia with ours.
11/21/2020 c1 Queen Emily the Diligent
I LOVE THIS! You know Him. _
7/14/2020 c1 5PadrePedro
Thanks for a set of great reflections on Truth. I wept at the ending question! What did I give up? crap! a life without meaning. nothing that was worth anything, really. Was it an exchange? NO. Even He recieving what I gave was a Gift from Him. Really!
7/14/2020 c6 4SouthwestExpat
King Lune is a wonderful example of joy after loss! And I liked how he is passing the lesson on to Aravis - passing on lessons from experience to the next generation. She will be Queen consort one day, and will have immense influence with her husband. Two heads are better than one, and they must both learn the lessons to govern the country wisely.

And I don't think it's AU at all - even though the Queen had been gone for a while, if it was close to when Cor was kidnapped (which I think it was), Cor's return would remind Lune of the entire sequence, including his wife's death, and a fresh regret for her absence. And Bar had been spying for Calormen before he began the kidnapping plot - I thought Lune was referencing that before I read the Author's Note.
3/4/2019 c5 Guest
This would be beautiful in iambic pentameter, rhymesd couplets, perhaps seven of them to tie it up into a sonnet. But I, too, lack the skill.
3/4/2019 c2 Guest
You’ve captured Puddleglum perfectly.
11/14/2018 c5 8BrightWatcher
I just have to review this.

These viewpoints are all deeply touching. I loved each one.

I think you capture each individual beautifully while keeping them unified and all under one theme.

Thank you for the story(s?). :)
10/28/2018 c5 3PhoenixFantastic
Beautiful, uplifting series. I wasn't expecting you to expand on your first chapter, but I'm so glad you did. Including Mrs. Pevensie's perspective was an especially nice, if unexpected, touch. Thank you for writing, and God bless you!
10/20/2018 c5 5PadrePedro
This is the Captain Mouse I know!
Very well portrayed - thank you!
But I saw the series is completed
Thanks for it all - many thanks;
Till we meet in Aslan's country!
10/14/2018 c1 25JubileeKnight
I had to say again how much I love this story. You describe so beautifully Who paid the cost and what was given in return, and paint such wonderful pictures of the Pevensies as well. The strength and compassion that made Susan the Gentle Queen are often overlooked in place of her later disaffection and doubts, and you capture that masterfully. You depict all of the Pevensies as men and women, kings and queens of maturity and character and strength with love for each other and faith in Aslan in ways that are often neglected. You write them as both human and as examples to emulate and pointers to the perfect Exemplar. In your writing, I can see Narnia's Golden Age as just that, something beautiful and precious and purchased with great labor.
10/12/2018 c4 JubileeKnight
This really touched me as the mother of children that I cannot be everything for, but still hope to guide to the One who can. I needed to read this chapter. Thank you.
9/30/2018 c3 MetroNeko
I have chills, I needed to read this.
9/22/2018 c3 JubileeKnight
Roonwit took my breath away. This is amazing.
24 Page 1 2 Next »