for Checkmate

3/18/2019 c5 2KaijuFenrir
Very good chapter. Seeing how all the kingns interact was also fun and seeing how their personalities collided with each other. As well as knowing how Monika and Camilla feel about their feelings. I love Monika as a character though and it is amazing. Keep up the great work.
3/17/2019 c5 Fakersoul
I don't know why anyone would hire a smuggler and expect them to complete the job by themselves...
3/16/2019 c5 Lagstabbing devil
Spar spar spar spar, finally someone that appreciates a good fight, nothing is better than bonding by smacking each other around. Hope you also write something about Monika's relationship with Ajuka since they are family.
3/16/2019 c5 53PainX65
Nice update, Tobi! A living storm eh? And we get to see other kings too. Astaroth, ooo, getting some mystery eh? And hell yeah, my girl Eliza making her appearance. You did her well Tobi, great job. Now there's sleeper agents, I'm curious to see just what the cult's plans are and what it has to do with the brainwashing, missing people and the living storm.

Hey, its that guy again! Good, make him suffer. Hmm, I wonder who Camilla's father is? Either way, glad you killed the fucker, and Ashe, best manticore! Great update! Sadly a short review for such a great long chapter. Hopefully I can pick up review game up and decided to do it now while I remember otherwise I'd start to drag behind. 11/10

Praise the Comet Basilisk.
3/16/2019 c5 DeathTheManiac
Wow, the plot just got a whole bunch of things added to it. A living storm, a cult that brainwashes people, Monika and Camilla's family issues... On that note, might I say that Monika is far far better character than Rias. I mean, here Rias is crying that she has to marry someone because her parents said so. Then here's Monika just not giving a flying fuck about what her mother wants.
11/5/2018 c4 Fakersoul
Love the chapters but now I really want to see Lana now. She sounds like fun to be around when she is yelling at someone else.
My Virgilia is like I wanted her to be in day-to-day situations. Ahh, reading her bit made me smile.
Also, is Scathach named after the Ulster one or is she a true reincarnation?
11/5/2018 c4 Lagstabbing devil
Love the intros, so many interesting characters. Camilla is quite funny and scary at the same time which is actually quite endearing. And you wrote Ottar pretty much how I imagined him.

Oh I also had a laugh at the "boar mannered" remark. You probably meant boor mannered, but it's still funny because the mytholigical Ottar was turned into a boar.

Also what's the deal with Meri's pelt? I'm not familiar with Selkie lore so...
11/4/2018 c4 2reven228
Hey, great job this chapter, I'm looking forward to seeing where things go from here as well as getting to know these characters. Keep goin and stay golden
11/4/2018 c4 2KaijuFenrir
Both chapters were fun to read and I’m honestly very glad to see it. They were very nice introduction and I’m glad to see my girl hawke. I’m very interested to see what happens next in the story and seeing the switch up between Monika and Camilla.
11/4/2018 c3 DeathTheManiac
Also almost totally missed this ch. But thankfully I did because I found another one who understands me. Curves mean nothing! Flat is justice!
11/4/2018 c4 DeathTheManiac
Wow, the quality is amazing. It's like I'm reading something written by a pro. I'm definitely impressed.

I love all the characters here. They all have very interesting quirks and I especially liked Virgilia, she just seems so cute.

I liked how you wrote Scathach and can't find any faults there, I also like the nickname you gave her
11/4/2018 c4 12Sangai-Havoc
Really good job on the two chapters and the intros for everyone makes me more interested to see how they'd all interact with each other. Daniel's introduction was great as well and you got his personality spot on.

Can't wait to see the net chapter.
11/4/2018 c4 53PainX65
Just remembered the whole review thing last chapter. Good thing I didn't review back then when the roster update came out, huh?

A longer chapter, but that's understandable with a bigger cast. So let's have a look at Camilla's peerage eh?

First up, asides from Camilla, is Scáthach, getting the queen first this chapter. Guessing she's like a tengu or something? Much like the previous chapter, her dynamic with Camilla is nice to watch. Also, I don't think I mentioned this, but I quite like the differences between Monika and Camilla. They're great and I find them enjoyable. This chapter is making me really like Camilla, like omg.

Next up is one of the bishops, Virgilia. She seems to be more of a timid girl? at least with her introduction (seeing as she was looking at the ground for a moment there). Mainly a polite girl, she's nice. Azrael is next, and as soon as I heard his name, my first thought was fallen angel. D: poor Virgilia, she doesn't need a scolding. Hard to pinpoint my thoughts on Azrael. If anything, he's more of a bodyguard-butler? A bit hard to say, I'll wait to see more of him in the future.

Hey, guess Monika arrived (with Jade) along with the rook, Ottar. First introduction line, he's more brawn than brains. Right from that opening line of his, told most of his character. Seems to like fighting, but that's just some surface level stuff. Wonder if he's more than all that underneath?

We get to the last one in the chapter, first up being Meri. What a bad situation to be in, glad you tortured that guy! Glad Meri's safe. But would he keep to his word? Only time will tell. Seeing as there's a second bishop on your profile, either they haven't been introduced, or that they are going to be a future addition to the peerage into the story. Guess the selkie has bitten more than she can chew. Seems the meeting is going to happen next, and we'll get much better looks at some more characters and maybe foreshadowing~

Anyways, another fun chapter! Camilla was great this chapter. I look forward to see what you have in store for us, Tobster. I'm very interested in what's gonna happen~ Good luck with writing Tobi. I look forward to seeing more of all these new faces.

Praise be the Comet Basilisk.
11/4/2018 c3 PainX65
Tobi have giveth.

Double upload too, nice. So, Monika's side of things first.

Miumi, the tanuki girl, a prankster I see (and my boi trapped under some lockers, ouch). Seems to be a bit self-conscious about her body. We also get to see the rook, Hawke too. A much more athletic girl (or intimidating to Miumi). I quite like their dynamic with one another. I look forward to seeing them interact more.

Next we have Daniel, he seems to be one of the more responsible ones, or at least so far. Not much to say about him really, at least at this point. And next is my boi Solomon. You did great with him. Good job, I loved it.

Finally we have Jade, the queen and a sleepy one at that. Aww, she got embarrassed by her friend, nice to see out of peerage friendships, that's always nice. Also, I don't know why, but I'm gonna keep my eye on Alexis for now. Just in case. Anyways, favs of this chapter were Miumi and Hawke.

This was a fun chapter! Thanks for giving Checkmate, now, onto the next chapter~
9/20/2018 c3 16DoTheBartMan
Shame mine didn't get picked, good luck with your story

~DoTheBartMan