FanFiction.Net
for Into Darkness - SYOT Story

12/10/2019 c12 66samvr
Solder is fun! I like seeing younger tributes and he's got a nice dynamic with his friends, with hint of rocky relationships with his parents. He's optimistic, but not all the time, which is realistic. I like his character a lot and he might be one of my favourites so far.

Brianne didn't make as much of an impression because I had a slightly harder time figuring her out ,but she's clearly determined to come back home to those that matter to her.

Super hyped for District 10! Can't wait to see my kiddos!

Love: Sodler (9)
Like: Zeus (1), Spark (5), Shock (5), Hadid (6), Boris (7), Paisley (8), Loden (8)
Neutral: Leonra (1), Mars (2), Xavier (3), Lumi (3), Velura (4), Sauger (4), Albida (6), Willow (7), Brianne (9)
11/23/2019 c12 1666samvr
\o/ Honestly, no worries! You're doing a great job with the story and I look forward to every update you put out. There's no rush; everyone completes SYOTs at their own pace, to ensure they're comfortable. But I'm glad to hear you're doing a lot better now!
8/19/2019 c11 66samvr
Hello again!

These two seem a little more solitary than the D5 twins. Paisley's kinda out-there in a way; she seems to be the more dreamy twin that easily gets lost in her imagination. She's the quiet one who revels in nature.

Loden, on the other hand, is a bit more practical. He's as aware of his surroundings as Paisley is, but he's not really the dreamy type. It's a nice contrast and I really like them both.

8/18/2019 c11 haydesx
Decided to take a look at the recently updated fics and was a bit surprised to see this getting a chapter, thanks for sticking with the story and not abandoning it like so many other SYOT authors do. I'm also happy to wait for new chapters from this story as the writing has been amazing so far and I guess it gives me something to look forward to!

As for these pair of tributes I do quite like Paisley for some reason, she just seems like an interesting character that I makes me want to see more of her. I do quite like her twin Loden aswell however I do see one of these two meeting an unfortunate end.

Next chapter I get to see how you write Solder. You did a great job writing Velura so I'm looking forward to see what you do with him.

Always the one thing I like to say to fic authors is take your time and dont rush, you're taking time out of your life to write us a great SYOT story so don't feel that you need to live up to readers expectations of how fast a chapter should be relsased.

Anyways, keep up the great work and I hope your high school year goes well.

Take care! - haydes
4/19/2019 c10 66samvr
Glad to see you're back!

I don't have a lot of comments to add (because I am tired), but for me, Boris felt like a simple everyday guy. He's got a nice dynamic with his family and he's really helpful, maybe a little too helpful? He doesn't have the craziest story, which I like because not every tribute has a dramatic history.

It was a little harder to get a read on Willow, since so much of her thoughts were based off the Reaping. From what I can tell, based off what she saw from all the 18 year-olds after she was picked, is that she's pretty good at analyzing other people's body language.

Love:
Like: Zeus (1), Spark (5), Shock (5), Hadid (6), Boris (7)
4/18/2019 c1 kikyouandkagomelover6576
great
3/30/2019 c10 Guest
Thanks for keeping us updated on the story! I've seen a lot of people simply abandon their syot's and not let their readers know at all so many thanks for getting in touch.

I also understand why you can't work on the story, I started uni recently and I'm finding it hard to keep up to date on my reviews.

I'll keep a look out for when your back in action, until then, take care! - haydes
3/31/2019 c10 66samvr
Real life is always a struggle. And I'll agree that starting high school can be a little scary at first. But trust me, once you slip into the routine and start to meet new people, it's not as bad as you believed.

It's okay to take a hiatus if you need to. People will understand and your health should always come first. I suggest you take your time, no matter how long. I'll still be following this story because I've had fun reading this and because I really love my daughter Dynasty and I'm excited to see what you'll do with her.

In the meantime, take care of yourself. :)
2/11/2019 c9 19RainEStar3
You may have lost confidence, but your skill is still sharp and improving through the chapters.

Albdia's perspective was VERY unique. She barely interacted with anyone, which normally would limit how much of someone's character is shown. But her section made me FEEL, which is just as important. Also, nice use of Hadid to give bonus insight on her. She seems like someone striving for strength. Maybe not a fighter, but determined nonetheless. I can't wait to see more of her.

Hadid's mine, so I am biased. But I do like what you've done with him to start off with. His two halves are shown, but the details are being saved. And... I can't say much else since he's my own character XD

Favorites List:
Mine: Hadid (6)
Adore: Zeus (1), Spark (5), Albida (6)
Like: Mars (2), Lumi (3), Sauger (4), Shock (5)
Neutral: Leonra (1), Diana (2), Xavier (3)
Dislike: Velura (4)
Abhor:
2/9/2019 c9 6santiago.poncini20
Aibida: Poor girl, she had a rough life and past. Poor of her dead mother too.. Poor her dad.. Poor everyone...

Hadid: I like him. He seems fierce and interesting enough to keep the game up. He seems like he can go far, really far, if he proposes himself to do so. He just needs to try and find good allies. I like already

Chart:
Mine: Zeus, Sauger, Willow, Alys.
Love:
Like: Spark, Hadid
Neutral: Leonra, Mars, Xavier, Shock, Aibida
Dislike: Lumi, Velura
Hate: Diana
2/9/2019 c9 1666samvr
Yay, you're back!

TBH, I didn't get that big of a read on Albida. She seems rather paranoid and anxious, often worrying about the smallest of things. Lowkey relatable, but I didn't get much else about her, beside that. So yeah, solid neutral for me.

Hadid is cool. I've seen tributes who work in an apothecary, but never one who's basically the Panem equivalent of a pharmacist. he did seem a bit rude at times, but at least he kept his thoughts to himself. Then there was the mention of a secret job, but I'm not entirely sure what it is, though it might be something rebellious. Wonder if we'll learn what it is?

Love:
Like: Zeus (1), Spark (5), Shock (5), Hadid (6)
12/22/2018 c8 19RainEStar3
Spark and Shock are nice sibling duo. They are distinctly different, and have a justifiable reason for both being in the games. Rip, I know they're probably going to die, but I want them to go far.

Now for my popularity chart:
Mine:
Adore: Zeus (1), Spark (5)
Like: Mars (2), Lumi (3), Sauger (4), Shock (5)
Neutral: Leonra (1), Diana (2), Xavier (3)
Dislike: Velura (4)
Abhor:
12/16/2018 c8 2call me calamity
Oh, now this is depressing. They both seem so innocent and pure and neither of them deserve this. I like the way their personalities contrast so much—Spark is adorable with his friends and Shock is very endearing in the way she wants to change the world. Spark volunteering to protect his sister is so sweet, but so dumb. I can tell these two are gonna make me cry. Love ‘em, though!

Also I feel a little bad for submitting my own pair of twins now; I hadn’t even realized that these two were as well!
12/14/2018 c8 1666samvr
Okay, I know twins are a bit of an overdone trope and have a lot of cliches that get on my nerves, but I'm liking this pair here. I have to say, the sister being the smarter half and the brother only volunteering to protect his sister with no regard for his own life whatsoever is a bit overdone.

Spark seems very outgoing and a bit of a prankster. He also feels really likable too, and I feel like I could meet someone like him walking around his school. An overall realistic feel.

I like how Shock is an introvert, but still talks to people. A lot of times, introverts are written as complete closed off. And I'm all for a female engineer so I like her character too.

Love:
Like: Zeus (1), Spark (5), Shock (5)
Neutral: Leonra (1), Mars (2), Xavier (3), Lumi (3), Velura (4), Sauger (4)
12/13/2018 c8 haydesx
Great to see that we got another chapter, also very cool to see siblings going into the games together as they always usually have an interesting story. Personally I love Shock way more than her twin, I don't know why but she just very intriguing. However I do like to see that Spark showed some bravery by volunteering, although I do see these two having quite a tragic time in the arena.

Mine: Velura - D4F
Love: Shock - D5F
Like: Leonra - D1F, Mars - D2M, Lumi - D3F
Neutral: Diana - D2F, Xavier - D3M, Sauger - D4M, Spark - D5M
Dislike: Zeus - D1M
Hate:

Looking forward to the next chapter, also take as much time as you need, don't feel as if you must produce chapters quickly as from experience I know it can be stressful. I think that as long as you produce chapters to this quality the wait is worth it!

Keep up the great work and until next time, take care - haydes
50 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »