for Mac & Cheese & Easy Bake Ovens

7/4/2020 c1 20Cynthia Salander
Oh wow, that was incredibly well-written and I just loved the attention that you'd paid to every single detail. And I caught so many little call-backs to canon that had been brilliantly woven into the fic.

I loved how you'd written Monica's resilience and determination. I am almost a decade older than the Monica of this fic, and I've never been personally inspired by a fictitious character more. The origins of her competitiveness and obsessive cleanliness were also very well written.

You got Judy down pat as well - she is one of the hardest characters on the show to get right in fics, imo.

Thank you for such a fantastic read! I see that you've also done a character study on Chandler. I think that's going to be my next stop :)
7/13/2019 c1 4Call Me Sami
This was great! You wrote Monica's character very accurately too. I like how you got into exactly what went down between the Thanksgiving breaks of 1987 and 1988. And it was nice to see Judy come around and support Monica's decision to go to culinary school! I also liked Rachel mentioning thinking about switching her major again because parking was a nightmare by the psychology building. Something only serious fans who were paying a lot of attention remember. I now have a craving for Mac & Cheese after reading this! lol But seriously, nice work!
6/17/2019 c1 15Oldreruns
What a fun and incredibly original idea. Giving us such a great insight into Monica and the year between those two Thanksgivings. I love how much detail was put into every step of her transformation and all the little details you added, like her having to learn what flirting looks like, her mom's gift, her dad being proud. Just such a good one shot.
4/11/2019 c1 108Fafsernir
I may have dragged out the moment I'd be reading this, just so I had something new to read from you stack away. But then, I saw the mail about the new story and felt the urge to read this one first!
And oh boy, it was sooo great. It's wonderful to read a fic about that time in Monica's life. It ties up with canon, I love how it's nog because Chandler said so that she becomes a cook, but by herself she realizes she loves it. And I've always been one to think her obsessive cleaning came from around the time she lost all this weight, so I'm very happy you wrote that in. The grandmother is so cute, too! And I loved Jack's support and Judy's subtle way of giving her blessings. Everything was just sooooo great and so well written, congrats!
2/21/2019 c1 Guest
You have crafted a very in dept study of Monica and it stopped right at the end where she meets him again and we know what happened there. Little does she know this is her future husband. I like how you incorporated all the people in her past and that jar that her mom gave her, was that part of something in Monica's kitchen, sound familiar
11/8/2018 c1 6Lianna H
Wow, this was really wonderful. A very eventful and changing year for Monica and you described everything so great. I liked how Jack was very supportive and the gift that Judy gave was really sweet. Thanks for writing this
9/25/2018 c1 Guest
This was such a great well crafted story. One of the best genfics I read across all fandoms. The recipe with the little note on Chandler and that saying "Revenge is best served cold" was genius. The perfect way to link vengeance with cooking.
Top notch writing. I hope you write more, you're a blessing for the Friends fandom.
9/20/2018 c1 OldMondlerLover
This was an excellent character study. Very well done. Your writing is excellent! Thanks for sharing...
9/18/2018 c1 Thelma
Awesome oneshot! I consider this canon now!
9/17/2018 c1 14matteney
So incredibly well done! There aren’t that many storiesor as you have called itcharacter studies about the young Friends out there that even come close to this. Just the way with which you have sketched the crucial moments in the year between 1987 and 1988 was amazing. To see what happened to her and added to her growth was brilliant. How she made her way despite her mother’s disapproval, such a determined and strong young lady. And my favourite part was when you included the recipe in the fic. I realise it was part of the notebook, but the way it was integrated was just so smart and funny. Well done and I really hope you’ll write more as it’s such an enrichment for the Mondler fandom.
9/17/2018 c1 Wayward-or-Awkward
Brilliant one shot, you're a fantastic author! You really captured Monica's spirit
9/17/2018 c1 7Mondler2017
This is like the best Monica one-shot ever! Your sooo talented, that this masterpiece should be on Friends! It was sooo detailed and beautifully written! Thanks for sharing it with us! Love u!
9/17/2018 c1 ScienceBoy
This is an amazing story, excellent work. I don't know whether you'll get many reviews for it because it doesn't involve a ship but this is what I wish more fanfiction would be.
Great insights into the characters and their motivations and why they are the way they are. Connecting all the dots from the flashbacks was particularly well done.
If you're willing to do more I would hope for a Ross story because people seem to misunderstand him a lot, and Phoebe for her crazy backstory!
Thank you for writing this, it's always nice to read something original and more analytical than wish-fulfilling.
9/17/2018 c1 15Babatomyfriends
Alright, this is so awesome I hardly know where to begin! I think what I like best is all those many many hints and references to the canon, connecting things that get mentioned only fleetingly and far apart from each other in the show, and that make so much more sense now in this context. Love that shout out to Will and that Jack attends the cooking contest (and films it too!). I've always wondered why Monica would still look much the same at the prom half a year after that fateful Thanksgiving, but you explained that so beautifully, and that mention of Ross' visit of Disneyland made me smirk. This was such a lovely and all encompassing look at Monica's defining year, at her struggles and growing pains, and every little detail so very well researched too! And a great ending too, I love so much that you ended the story on such a high note!
And last but not least, thank you for including the recipe for Mac'n Cheese, I've always wanted to know what it is but was too lazy to look it up :-)