for The Lionheart Saga (Final Fantasy VIII Novelization)

1/13/2020 c32 Dee
Yesyesyes! This novelization is fantastic! The characterization is spot on for all characters! Loving everything about this!
9/30/2019 c29 Bcaffera
Greetings.
I been following your story and I have to said, I love your Squall. He's so real.
Love the way he gives the cold shower to Quistis and Rinoa. One of the things I really like about him is the way he "fight" against the "you have to open up because we know what's better for you and bla bla bla bla" of Quistis/Rinoa. And you story shows that beautifully.
Love Selphie too. In the game, the scene where she stops the party from reading her bio always gave me the feeling that she hides something. Again, your story shows that beautifully.
And the way Rinoa and Quistis fight against each other... superb. XD
Nice way of including Rinoa in the battle against Norg. In the game, she shouldn't really be there because she's not a SEED. This little trick Squall is doing (or at least, I assume is a trick) is a perfect excuse.
Hope to see a chapter soon. And hope you're doing well.
Cheers.

P.D.: as you have noticed, english isn't my native language. Sorry for any horror of grammar. XD
8/14/2019 c27 Lathlaer
I have to say, this is a really good novelization of the game. You omitted certain elements that were in the game for the sake of the story and introduced some of your own which is great. On one hand, hunting for GF has been neutered and good because that is a gameplay feature that doesn't translate into written story gracefully, on the other hand - I really want to see the Deep Sea Research Center and Bahamut ;-)

To be fair, I prefer my Squall to be less combat inept especially when dueling Seifer is considered but that's just me :D

I don't remember anything special and mysterious about Selphie from the game so that part is (I think) your own addition, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Great job, this goes to my followed and favorites ;-)
5/16/2019 c24 Guest
I gotta tell you, it really makes my day when you update.

The plot of ff8 has always been my favorite, even among all fiction. Growing up, i really found myself relating to squall - he's a very logical and pragmatic individual, and i think you truly do him justice.
You do an amazing job of making the story feel realistic - it's well fleshed out and balanced. I love the subtle hints of characters knowing more than they let on; if there's ever a remake, this is what it should be like. Thank you so much for sharing, it's a pleasure to read.
3/30/2019 c21 Guest
This has been wonderful so far, I like all the extra little details you have added to the original story. Please continue to write this!

Marion :-)
2/21/2019 c6 2NormandyAlive
Up to chapter 4 - enjoying so far
2/14/2019 c1 raidendark92
I don't even know how to put it in words, it had me literally blown Away. I really apreciate what Are Young doing it's brathtaking really I am in awe totally. Great work, astonishing I am really speechless.
2/11/2019 c19 2Eclipse218
You are doing such a great work with this fic! I love your writing and the way you portray the characters: absolutely canon, but more realistic! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.
1/24/2019 c18 DragoValhar
Alright I have to say having the Guard mistake Squall for Seifer because a lacking description was a stroke of genius. They're both so wildly different yet a young man with a scar on his face matches them both. I never would've thought of it. Bravo.
1/8/2019 c1 3Galkimasera
I LOVE this fanfic! All about it! First of all, sorry about my english, it's not my native lenguage. Final fantasy VIII It's my favourite game ever, but the way you have changed some of the events makes it even more itneresting, it's more...natural. I love how the characters interact and how you
characterize them. I can't wait to read more!
12/4/2018 c14 DragoValhar
Holy shit that last quip from Irvine has me dying. A as usual.
11/27/2018 c13 9KatoriAeku
Oh, and you continue to dip into the lore of the world. These little history lessons really shape it better than before(Although I guess when you're playing the game you aren't looking to delve into mountain of text XD)

I really like the deeper analysis of Squall's relationship with Seifer, in how without even knowing it till now, he had always been the one pushing him to better himself despite Seifer's attitude. It is quite scary espcially after seeing Squall see Laguna "die" for his dream to question what it is he's living for.

Next up the sniperboy himself Irvine and I can't wait to see how he incorporates with the group this time :3c

Also I noticed that only Squall goes to the dream world so I am curious how the beginning of disc two will handle.

Good chapter :D
11/23/2018 c12 KatoriAeku
Alright continuing from chapter 6

I really love the secretive sub plot you're adding for Selphie considering how the lore of magic works here, it's really got me wondering what she's hiding.

I still love the deep thought process Squall has, mainly with how Seifer and Rinoa are more similar than he first thought.

Speaking of which I'm glad that the relationship is alot more open here, then kinda brushed aside in the game.

Lastly I really love the amount of side story you've given to Quistis and her ever constant urge to watch over Squall and Seifer. Considering what happens at the end of disc 2, it almost comes out of nowhere so it's nice to know you implement their actions, however subconscious it is to them.

Small notes:
It could be my bia but my Zell/Quistis ship is tingling and while I know it doesn't happen in the game, I would honestly be curious to see how love works out for them since you know Squall and Selphie's are already decided for them.

I'm actually sad to make it to the current end but I await your next chapter :3c
11/21/2018 c6 KatoriAeku
Oof. Reading this, it reminds me how much goes through Squall's head. The future or there lack of one and his deep fear of opening up because of his past. He's 'emo' within reason and I felt the emotions even when he snapped at Quistis(who I also felt so bad for).

Side note I really love the subtle changes you make to the story. Like the lack of the tower boss or the fact that Zell already has the brothers. The way you explain basically everything is so amazing and descriptive that I can easily paint a picture(although playing the game prior has helped too :3c) I'll definitely keep an eye out for this and I hope you make it to the end.
11/5/2018 c10 Sunny
Good work with this novelization. I'm enjoying it. Hope you can finish this story, most of the novelizations here are incomplete.

Keep it up!