for The Obligatory Coffee Shop AU

5/31/2021 c1 2k+Hawki
I've made similar comments on your other AC fics, but I'll say it again here, that it's probably a case of being well written, but the references are lost on me. Under normal circumstances, I'd come down on it for being an info-dump, but I don't think that's fair in this case.

If Deirdre's a regular employee though, it does do a good job of capturing the idea of an employee who knows her customers well. So that works.

Overall, decent, but not the best person to pass much judgement.
4/10/2019 c1 23Danny Barefoot
Funny and interesting. The jokes about 'getting to Alpha Centauri before...' and Yang getting elected made me chuckle. Deidre working through a degree in a coffeeshop and having a decade since her last heartbreak seems like she must be old for a student or young for such a serious heartbreak, was there a reason for that, and for the worms specifically, based on the game lore? I picked up that the customers are factions in the game, is the Nautilus guy the one always bragging he was a Navy Seal? Are the screaming toddlers some of the less mature gamers? Feeling a bit like a detective, lots of stuff in this story and plenty of pithy lines.
9/27/2018 c1 10Anla'shok
the death of AC fanfics are indeed a shame.
I laughed, especially at the end. Serves Morgan right. Although Deirdre did wait for her last day, proof she's nevertheless pragmatic.
I enjoyed seeing all the factions crop up without it feeling forced. Harried barista works so well to get that delightfully judgemental tone.
I'm missing the Cult (and the Cybernetics), or was the screaming toddlers a nod to them?

Honestly, with all these personalities, I'm surprised they didn't murder each other before the pod landing. Now that I think about it, the pod landing may have been due to sabotage.
I'd read a fic about that actually. lol. I see it being like a more chaotic Murder on the Orient Express where they're all in on it, even if most of them hate each other.