for The Sparky Job

10/28/2019 c1 WolfhoundLove1
I'll be moving very soon and it'll be the first Christmas in a new state and home rather soon. I was thinking and starting to plan in my head for the holidays and felt the need for a Christmas story.
Years ago Christmas was THE major yearly event in the house. We had a huge home and as such is put a full size tree in every room of the house. Smaller rooms like bathrooms got tabletop trees. I loved it.
Though this house is smaller I still can't wait to put trees in each of the bedrooms and living room. It'll be nice to honor an old tradition.
This story brought me around to that decision. Just because the house is smaller we can still make it beautiful and honor what was before.
Thanks for those memories. I'll be thinking of this story as I prepare for and celebrate this year.
10/9/2018 c1 8Pacacapa
This was amazing. You really dig down to the heart of each character and bring them to life on the page, always brighter and deeper than I thought even possible. It's a little early for Christmas, and I'm usually really picky about that sort of thing, but this was so beautiful and so well done that it doesn't even bother me. Your understanding of Parker especially always blows me away. Very well done. Thank you so much for sharing.
10/6/2018 c1 20blueskydog
This is so sweet and very fitting for the ambiguous time that must have been while Nate was in jail. It's not too syrupy like a lot of Christmas stories; it says very real. I love Parker getting Hardison the Gremlin and tying her memories of Mattie and the wolf to her feelings about what's going on with Eliot.
As always, very well done!
10/6/2018 c1 9Tacodestroyeravenger
Wow. Oh sorry misspelled, I meant OW. XD
10/6/2018 c1 24sapienlover
I'm sittin' here on a weekend in my jammies, reading this and snottering like an idiot, and feeling warm and decidedly fuzzy deep inside. Apart from Hardison's Gremlin which would make his cockles of his gentle heart warm instantly (and I'm honoured one of our daft chats inspired the idea!) the thought of Parker finding her brother's Sparky wrenched the heart right out of me, dusted it off, whacked it with a hammer and placed it, broken and aching, back into my chest. Of course Eliot needs a fluffy, threadbare plushy wolf who understands him, and Parker needs her chipped and cracked (in more ways than one) family. Beautiful, breathtakingly sad, and full of hope. Thank you.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service