for Reasonable Expectation

4/8/2020 c3 12Percie Jean
The complexities of the dual relationships the Pevensies have as siblings and sovereigns really came out in this chapter. My heart hurts for all of them! They’re having to adjust to so much and they’re really only children still. Again, wonderful job of capturing their dynamic (I enjoyed getting to see Lucy come into play as well in this chapter).
4/8/2020 c2 Percie Jean
Emrys is such a fun character, and the brief discussion on dragons was interesting to read as well.

The older sibling talk between Peter and (wise) Susan was very poignant and in-character, as well as Peter’s brief rumination on being an older brother. The lighthearted banter at the end of the chapter was a nice juxtaposition to Edmund’s uneasy thoughts at the end of the previous chapter. It’s heartwarming to see the siblings’ different but complementary strengths come into play as they help each other as fellow sovereigns navigating these new and challenging responsibilities.
4/8/2020 c1 Percie Jean
The narrative wit here is delightful. The little part about the necessity of learning to fight “by muscle memory and sound tactical knowledge in addition to instinct and desperation,” the banter between Dallin and Peter, Peter’s inspecific “we,” the apples needing to be sacrificed, etc. were all very fun details to read, and the narrative tone is so fitting for Edmund’s POV since he is quite witty himself. :)

You have such a good grasp of characterization, and it makes this story leap off of the page. I especially appreciated your nuanced rendering of Edmund - I’ve always thought he was a fascinating character with a compelling arc, and you did a beautiful job of bringing out the complexities of his backstory and how it affects his present reality in his relationships with his family and the other Narnians.
10/23/2019 c3 the.memories.box
I was about to go into depression for another good story not finished, but then I saw the date of the last update and said "there is hope"

I loved your story, I was reading it in the morning before going to work and I liked it so much that I had to read the last chapter in secret (in the office).

I will look forward to the next chapter

(sorry for my bad English, it's not my mother tongue)
10/23/2019 c3 66BrokenKestral
This was compelling, start to finish. I need to go back and reread the other chapters, and Saints of Gold.

"Is it still there?” The doubt we all have, the fear that haunts us. And oh, you had the perfect answer: "You've seen Aslan, your Majesty."

Also, I don’t know what’s going to happen next—I can’t predict the story, but I really want to know. That’s a wonderful skill for an author.
10/20/2019 c3 Hello
Love this! I cannot wait for the next chapter. :)
10/20/2019 c3 5SouthwestExpat
Oh please, do keep going with this one!
8/5/2019 c2 76trustingHim17
this story shows promise. you ever gonna finish it? i hope so!
12/5/2018 c2 74The Hope Lions
I am absolutely adoring this fic. Keep it up!
12/4/2018 c2 1thunderbird shadow
I've forgotten most of the first chapter, but this second one is very good.

Is Orsino supposed to be the bear seen getting mauled to death by one of the Siberian tigers in the background of the movie.
11/3/2018 c1 Guest
Marvelous start! I can't wait for more of this intriguing story!
10/18/2018 c1 7JustValiant1717
UGH! I need at least four more chapter to read right now! So good. So, so good, JubileeKnight. Your interpretation of Lewis's Marshwiggle is just magnificent and spot on. I love almost every paragraph that has Cricklow in it. I love how Edmund's drastically changed since Beruna but is still prone to faltering at times, like when he snapped at Lucy but very quickly felt the guilt and apologized straight away. I adore the love among all four siblings. Now I'm curious as to Peter's reaction at the end. My guess is that the poor chap is feeling guilty for giving Edmund an assignment that nearly got him killed (albeit technically, it was supposed to be a walk in the park).

Not to be annoying, but I look forward to the next chapter. I just wish it's coming our way hours from now! :)
10/15/2018 c1 1thunderbird shadow
Excellent start
10/13/2018 c1 Talvec
Oh wow, I love this! Please continue!
10/12/2018 c1 5PadrePedro
Thanks - I am afraid it seems much work remains to pacify Narnia and make her prosper! Curious of how it gets along!