for Renewal

4/5 c3 6TheSpyFamily
Loved this story but you left me very curious about the hostage situation Lee found himself in, especially since I'm Canadian! I don't suppose you'd be willing to write that story too, would you?
5/3/2018 c3 Truckee Gal
Leatherneck and Desmond? Uh uh ... no way! Leatherneck deserves SO much better than Fussy Francine. What happened to the one or two surprises Lee has in store? Perhaps the song for their "first dance" was one, but how about their honeymoon trip? Southern California is NOT an option, nor the Caribbean Islands since August is peak hurricane season. They only have one week so how about Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, Maine? There are endless opportunities to hike, sail, take a horse-drawn carriage ride along the Carriage Roads, go whale watching, eat Maine lobster, stroll through Bar Harbor and entertain yourselves in your honeymoon suite. It's a pity you promised a bit more, but have yet to deliver.
5/3/2018 c2 Truckee Gal
You write Lee and Amanda so very well. Who can resist? These two are ... simply irresistible!

"...Her loving is so powerful, It's simply unavoidable
The trend is irreversible The woman is invincible
She's a natural law and she leaves me in awe
She deserves the applause, I surrender because
She used to look good to me, but now I find her
Simply irresistible, Simply irresistible ...

Her methods are inscrutable The proof is irrefutable,
She's so completely kissable, Our lives are indivisible ..."

Songwriter: Robert Palmer (1988)
2/3/2011 c3 jjgeraghty
I liked the story but, what happens after! Where do they go on their honeymoon does he really quit? You put some conversations in there that I am very curious about. I would love to see more!
7/24/2009 c3 Terry Kay
Wonderful! Thank you!
8/15/2008 c1 VaWarrior
I'm a sucker for anything romantic and this totally fit the bill...great job!
8/5/2003 c3 Boots
Great story. I love romance and you filled that bill. Thanks.
4/18/2003 c3 Christy.aka antivanity
Wow, this was really good and usually I don't read the stories after the series has ended but I'm glad I read this one.

Definitely very tissue-worthy; your speeches/vows were wonderful.

My favorite small thing in it was that you had Amanda in the same black dress in white. Such a wonderful idea!
4/18/2003 c3 SB
"There was still a surprise or two waiting for her this evening and to throw her off, he needed to act as 'normal' as possible."

I really liked this story. On a constructive note, this passage hinted that there were one or two big things to come before the conclusion - and we were left without them. We had hints of things that could have been the surprises (the honymoon location, Billy speculating about Lee's removal from the field), but we never saw Lee tell Amanda anything. I think the story was lovely as it stands, but I think you should be careful about letting an audience think something's coming and then not giving it - it leaves people who otherwise would have left your story happy instead dissatisfied that they missed something.

Otherwise, this was a sweet story, thanks for sharing it!
4/18/2003 c3 Patty
Nice job, Laura!

There should be a tissue warning :) You did a wonderful job with the vows and capturing how Lee and Amanda feel. I also love his relationship with Dotty-nice mother/son moments. Keep on posting!
4/17/2003 c3 38anonymous7
I don't usually read stories that take place after the series ended, but I was desparate for a new fan fic. I'm so glad I was. That was sweet, without being overly so. It just hit the spot!
4/17/2003 c3 ec
Aw. Finally. Family and friends get to share in the moment.

I always knew Dotty would behave like that:

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

Boxes and boxes of Kleenex!

Good Job!