for Chilly Scenes of Star Wars

2/13 c15 3Scholarly-Cimmerian
Aww... This was a very lovely chapter. I really love the use of language in the writing - there's a very elegant simplicity to it all, especially to the very last line. It really feels appropriate to the tone of the ending of the Skywalker Saga. Kind of like "All was well" or something.

You also used R2-D2 to great effect in here. Especially when he played the old hologram of "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi." That was very movingly done.
2/4 c14 Scholarly-Cimmerian
Oof. This was a very well-done chapter. I really quite liked the look into Kylo's head (I could hear Adam Driver's voice when Kylo realizes that he's freezing to death, don't ask me why, but I could just hear the character at that moment)... and his encounter with "the stranger" was very well-done. The conclusion was nicely handled too.

(Minor typo - "stuck" behind him? Or is it "struck"?)
2/3 c13 Scholarly-Cimmerian
Poor Luke. It says a lot about him though, that even in self-exile and isolation, that he still chose to help those porgs. (Think I spotted a typo though - "until he began to crawl into the cave with *them*," right? But "with him" is what's written.)

I know I said this elsewhere, but I love the way you handled the Force in this chapter and Luke's perception or thoughts on it. Feels quite true to the source material. Also like the reference to Ben Kenobi in this. It saddened me a little bit to not have any allusion or reference to him in The Last Jedi.
1/23 c12 Scholarly-Cimmerian
Damn... this was very well-done. Short, to be sure, but all the more effective for it in my opinion.

I really like the way the emotion moves through this. There's something funny in C-3PO's obliviousness at the beginning, and then the chapter really nosedives into gut-punch territory with that exchange at the very end. Just... ow.
1/13 c11 22knitzkampf
I read these all straight through and really enjoyed them. Very well written. I’m not a fan at all of the Sequel Trilogy, but I’ll accept Finn and Poe :)
1/13 c5 knitzkampf
adorable
1/13 c4 knitzkampf
Enjoyed this chapter a lot, how you used imagery to become a character study
1/12 c11 3Scholarly-Cimmerian
Hah, this was a fun chapter for sure. I really got a kick out of the interaction between Finn and Poe. That was quite fun and I really could hear the voices.

I do think there was a typo or two near the end. I think Poe is meant to say that the Empire / First Order *wouldn't* tolerate such festivals, but "would" is all that's written there.

Other than that though, this looks quite nice. I'm glad to have read it!
1/22/2020 c10 5ShadowLDrago
Jeez, really putting the Tragic in Tragic Monster.
1/22/2020 c9 ShadowLDrago
Yeah, Luke WOULD be fascinated by snow, i suppose.
1/22/2020 c8 ShadowLDrago
It's funny, Tarkin is a sociopathic monster, but Peter Cushing was an absolute gentleman to the point where Carrie Fisher struggled to summon the venom Leia felt for him.
1/22/2020 c7 ShadowLDrago
Hope, now that's something you don't expect in winter.
1/22/2020 c6 ShadowLDrago
It seems part of Maul is still, for lack of a better word, 'human'.
1/22/2020 c5 ShadowLDrago
Little Leia is friggin cute.
1/21/2020 c3 ShadowLDrago
We need more Anakin and Padme being cute.
32 Page 1 .. Last Next »