for The Lost Child of Azarath

6/5/2019 c40 icicle.c.cold
Got a pretty good chuckle out of me with Ed 'hoisting the sails"
Ah, I figured the appearance and name were based off of Umbridge. I don't think I have ever quite hated a character as much as I hated her... Not even Sauron gets that kind of reaction from me.
She seriously introduced herself like that? Yeah...that just screams "I have issues!"
Those kinds of bullies are the absolute WORST. I'd rather have one that beats me up and is dumb than one of THOSE... *shudder*

The info dump near the end was not a drag, and the intervals of Captain Hook getting too excited was entertaining. I like the mixture you use. I typically picture the classic Disney images of both Alice and Hook just because those were the ones I saw first, but in this case, they are kind of...
um... shaded? I guess? Like, they keep that base appearance, but they are also 3D, and kind of not quite defined on the edges. Like Windwaker animation. Cell shaded. And in the shadowed bits, you can see their other forms kind of, flicker through to the surface. So you'll look, and Hook might have a realistic rapier one moment, but you look again, and now its cartoony. Like that. And Alice's dress, one moment its the clean classic dress from the first Disney movie, and then next its, bloody, and dirty, and...is that sword? And then when you try to look closer its gone.
Like that. The whole freaking world is like that.
6/5/2019 c37 icicle.c.cold
I am very amused.
Mario and Luigi, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Smurfs, and that just naming the three most notable. I saw Link (who else smashes pots?), one of the Assassins from Assassin's Creed, I don't know which one...Ezio? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was a pleasure to see. It seems like hardly anyone else even knows about that little gem of a movie. I don't know which moon that is, and I am uncertain which ship that is, but it sounds like the ship from DC Legends of Tomorrow.

The knights did not ring a bell at all...what are they from?
6/5/2019 c35 icicle.c.cold
I don't even know what Bessie looks like...
On the other hand, I collected model VW Beetles for a long time so I am very well acquainted with the appearance of those.
Raven... she's so happy as Rachel. But I know she's going to be ripped away from it.
Worst of all, the Valeyard is somehow involved.
5/29/2019 c30 icicle.c.cold
I'm not half so grouchy as Raven and I still wanted to strangle someone for those jokes. Those were AWFUL! I winced with each one I read... ugh...
Although...I must say that I am a bit envious that America doesn't have Christmas poppers. They are pretty cool.
The mummy...which one? I think there have been at least three mummy monsters in the series. Unless you pulled one from DC?
I have an uncle who is very much like Kasey. Plays guitar and is funny. Does magic tricks and loves to play with kids.
ANYWAYS! More reading!
5/29/2019 c29 icicle.c.cold
Bald no hair
Balled shaped into a spherical form. Almost always used with the word 'up' right after it.
Bawled cried loudly

brows don't drop in surprise, they raise.
plum pudding, its pudding made of plums.
5/29/2019 c28 icicle.c.cold
Wow, these last few chapters were really deep.
Lots of insight into both of their personalities, and the reasons they act the way they do.
Her almost committing suicide, and the way he doesn't tell her to "keep living", the way he bares his soul to her...I think, at that moment, they really became... uh... bonded, for lack of a better fitting word. Not quite family, but definitely friends that share a deep bond that no other who does not have similar experience could understand.
I laughed pretty hard at the baby Oscar Wilde thing there, that was good. Super funny, and a very "Doctor" moment, perfectly written. That is an aspect I don't think he ever really lost throughout all his regenerations. His fan-boyishness over things and people he likes, and the passion and enthusiasm he shows for them. It might be a bit more muted in some regenerations, but it never completely vanished.
5/29/2019 c27 icicle.c.cold
Forgive me if I don't review every chapter.
Actually, consider it a compliment. Generally, if I don't review a chapter, it means I am so enthralled with the story I don't want to stop reading it.
5/29/2019 c25 icicle.c.cold
YAY!
This is just as good as a real episode!
I can't say for certain whether its better than a real episode...happiness and enjoyment are kind of hard to gauge when you're in the office attempting to stay sane and pass the time in an awful environment...
I guess in some respects that makes this better than a real episode be Fluorescent lights, 'pink noise' generators, and other people voices. And worst of all, no sunlight. At all. Been super cloudy. :(

Reading this makes me happy.
5/29/2019 c24 icicle.c.cold
*chuckle*
Ah, the annoyance war. An ever entertaining plot device when properly done like this.
I do love the Yorkshire accent. Marvelous writing there, well done indeed.
Where can I get the Big Finish audios? Are they on Amazon, or ?

Ugh...I very much dislike 'text to audio' unless its that one that reads in a British accent, that one is pretty okay for the most part. Oh, wait, did you mean us? The readers of the story?

I never did find out what the Eye of Harmony is...
5/29/2019 c23 icicle.c.cold
I have (thankfully) not seen enough of Teen Titans Go to grasp any references.
Why they went with that abomination instead of continuing with the existing series or giving Nightwing (the Teen Titans Robin) his own series is completely beyond me.
5/29/2019 c21 icicle.c.cold
Yep...
TARDIS was definitely laughing at her, and that was some nice revenge. Pretty hilarious too, especially if it made Raven's hair go all staticky and stick up in every direction.
Eyepatch warmonger...not ringing any bells right now...maybe Slade, but this is too far in the future for that. I don't know. I am curious though.
5/29/2019 c20 icicle.c.cold
bellowed is what you do when you make a loud sound.
billowed is what a cloak or coat does when it flaps in wind, or in power.

"GET YOUR SORRY HIDE OVER RIGHT NOW!" the drill sergeant bellowed.

The soft cloth of her cloak billowed in the gentle breeze.
5/29/2019 c19 icicle.c.cold
Time Lord pockets! Bigger on the inside.
One of my favorite lines from Tennant's Doctor.
I was apparently one of the few people who actually liked Donna and Clara as companions...
I have no idea why they get so much hate.
Donna was hilarious (her normal gig is actually as a comedian) and Clara had a great story line!

ANYWAYS...
Well, that's a terrifying cliffhanger. And that poor security guard who's entranced with Raven? Yeah, I am getting a bit of red-shirt vibe but also a possible-companion vibe from him. I'll have keep reading and find out.
5/29/2019 c18 icicle.c.cold
Cybermen are 6 or 7 feet tall, you accidentally wrote meters instead.
I doubt the ship's corridor and room ceilings are as high as 6 or 7 meters, with the exception of the engine room.
5/22/2019 c17 icicle.c.cold
Loving the hilarity of this. The Trek and Wars references were also appreciated.
The 666 reference was enough to make me have to stifle laughter. I laugh LOUDLY, and I'm reading this in my call center at work, so yeah...can't laugh freely here, lest I be heard on other calls.
229 « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »