FanFiction.Net
for Rapids: The 248th Hunger Games

11/29/2019 c44 3TacoPhoenix88
Tristana- I really like Tristana, she’s really friendly and kind, but that’s not the type of nature needed to win the Hunger Games. However, I like the way she let Axel and Hadley stay for a bit, and Axel’s and Tristana’s friendship is a warmth and happiness in the darkness of the Hunger Games. Rachel is very skeptical of them, and that makes me not like her even more, although it’s very smart to be skeptical of them, I love Axel too much. Rachel has a lot of strategy, and I’m interested to see where she goes.
Vincent- Omg. I wouldn’t think of Vincent as the person to just randomly kill, yes Glitter was a bad person, but it’s murder, this kill has completely changed my whole perspective on Vincent, and given me a better insight into his character. He’s much more ruthless than I thought. I’m glad to have Glitter gone though, she was an annoyance and becoming too cocky for her own good. She was also dumb and ditzy, definitely not a death I’ll be sad over.
Arabella- Her and Hadley seem to get along quite well, but that was not a good idea from Hadley to tell her about the gems. But at least it was Arabella, who’s not ever gonna hurt a fly. I really want Tristana and Arabella to join Axel and Hadley, I think they would make a better alliance, but all of them might get too attached, and that’s the only downside.
Yael- She’s bound to snap soon. The voices are very strong, and very convincing to her. I only hope her alliance are able to stop her when she does. Or maybe she’s strong enough in herself to overcome them. Yael is an interesting character, but the voices make her especially interesting, I wonder what their plan is for her alliance, and if it’s coming anytime soon.
Axel- Aww Axel, hes the most innocent, sweet child, he just told Tristana about the gems easily, he should really be more careful. But Tristana is a very kind person, and they do have a heartwarming friendship. I’m very glad Axel has a gem, but since he was the first person to get one I’m highly doubtful that he’ll keep it, especially when he’s told Tristana, who could possibly tell Rachel and Yael, 2 very untrustworthy people, as they are ruthless in the Games. I just hope he can hold on til the end.
Cecelia- AWWWWWWWW I absolutely adore Noelani and Cecelia, their relationship is beautiful, and I really really hope they can make it out together, that would be just fantastic. But most love stories end badly in the Hunger Games, and even if Cecelia does win and Noelani gets a gem, will they be able to live together? I hope they tell each other how they feel soon, and maybe just maybe make it out alive and get to live happy lives together. However Cecelia’s crush on Noelani is making her a little bit of an idiot as she said, hopefully she can keep her senses centred to keep herself and Noelani safe.
Loved this chapter! I wonder how Lennox is doing, and if Dennis has found another person to hunt.
11/29/2019 c45 6santiago.poncini20
oH NO
11/29/2019 c44 santiago.poncini20
YES RIP GLITTER YES!
11/29/2019 c45 Anna
Hi. I’ve been absent for a while. Life has gotten very busy for me, but... I’m back to reviewing. I have no idea what happened to monkey though.

Great chapter, by the way. I’m sorta sick, hence the short review. Go Arabella!

Hugs,
Anna
11/28/2019 c44 Author-Hime
YES. HELL. TO. THE. YES. Noelani and Cecilia are going to be the ship of the century. I Fecking love it. Cecelia is just so dang adorably awkward with her I adore it!
Glitters death was quite befitting of her, and (if I may say) just a bit funny lol I know she was another teenage girl like the others, and I should be sad that someone died (I am) I just couldn't help but think of the surprised pikachu meme when I read the scene.
Now on a more depressing note, Luc's death has absolutely torn me up. I saw him as a big little brother type character for not only my tribute, but Glorian as well. It has no doubt left a huge hole in the Careers. I wonder just how much longer they are going to be able to hold on.
(This reply may be formatted just a tad bit weirdly, but that's because I am on the phone instead of my laptop lol. That is also the reason I'm not logged into my account right now. Too lazy.)
11/28/2019 c45 6Team Shadow
Oh goodie, an arena event. I can only wonder what horrors the Gamemakers (cough cough Lilah) will throw onto these tributes. I would assume the events would be triggered more at Hadley's and Tristana's group, since the Careers just had two deaths and Lennox and Dennis have seen a good amount of action lately. Maybe this will be when Dennis goes? It's hard to say.
Update soon!

14th-Glitter Monique, killed by Vincent Elm: Yeah I'm not too torn up about this. Her interactions were both entertaining and annoying at the same time. Hopefully Trajan can be next.
11/28/2019 c44 Team Shadow
Tristana-I already love this grouping, you got insane Yael, selfish Rachel, innocent Arabella, pure but capable Axel, slowly losing it Hadley, and I'm just here to have a good time Tristana. I love it.
Vincent-YES 100% YES YOU KILL HER VINCENT YOU DO IT. I'm sorry I may have gone overboard BUT I'm so happy Glitter is dead. She was unbearable.
Arabella-This whole interalliance scheming with people in different alliances is very intriguing, but I have a really bad feeling its all going to blow up in their face. Besides, the more people that know Axel has a gem, the bigger the target is on his back. I really don't think Axel is going to be one of the survivors.
Yael-It's honestly crazy to me she hasn't snapped and killed anyone yet. With the alliance so big, if she did kill anyone she would immediately get turned on and killed. She's not going to be able to hold back for much longer.
Axel-These boys are absolute blabbermouths, aren't they? Again, he's just painting a huge target on his back. He better watch out.
Cecelia-I. LOVE. THIS. I seriously love every second of this. I know having Cecelia get attached to someone is so dangerous, like how messed up Jimmy got after Brynn's death last year, but I can't help myself. I can only hope they go back for that gem for Noelani and Cecelia can win.

Fantastic chapter! I voted in the poll.

15th-Lucretius Marlo, killed by a mutt: Honestly, Luc was pretty neutral with me throughout the Games. I enjoyed reading him, I really liked his character, but he always gave me the sense that he wasn't the strongest Career. I will miss him though. Rest in peace.

Character Opinions:
Mine: Cecelia Hart (D1F), Dennis Fielder (D5M)
Rooting For: Noelani King (D4F)
Love: Lennox Porter (D3F), Tristana Rockett (D6F)
Like: Glorian Stafford (D2M), Axel Woodleigh (D6M), Arabella Cantros (D10F), Vincent Elm (D7M), Hadley Moreau (D9M)
Neutral:
Dislike: Rachel Ivy (D12F), Yael Harident (D11F)
Hate: Trajan Seth (D1M)
11/25/2019 c43 3TacoPhoenix88
Luc-It’s a good idea for them to go out hunting, especially with the little amount of food they have, but I wouldn’t leave 2 of the inner alliances alone if I were Glorian.
Cecelia- I’m starting to like Cecelia a lot more than I did at the beginning, I can now see she’s not only the simple, leader type career, and has a deeper personality than that. I love her and Noelani’s friendship (or could it be more?) they seem so tight, but also both putting the Games first still.
Dennis-Ugh I was hoping he died in the river, but that would’ve been a pretty pathetic death, it did jeopardise him a bit, but with the risky decision to steal from the Cornucopia, he now has good supplies again. Unfortunately I think there will be a few more tortures from him.
Glorian-Luc’s so cute, and wayyyy too sweet for the Hunger Games, it’s honestly surprising me that he decided to volunteer in his brother’s place. Oh no! There was bound to be a mutt attack soon, and here it is, a deadly snake, at least Trajan sucked the poison out. Who are those people though? I’m thinking they were looking for the gem, and that the temple was their ancient home or something like that, maybe a place they needed to protect? I’m guessing a lot of cool things could happen with them.
Lennox-OMGOMG! I actually can’t believe she didn’t die from blood loss, but it’s gonna he pretty difficult for her to win from here, with one arm gone, and relying on strong pain killers, she’ll be dead if someone finds her. Dennis is a monster, but hasn’t actually secured another death, still, Lennox has to live with one arm now, and she’ll be in pain for a while longer.
Noelani- I’m definitely thinking a romance could start between Cecelia and Noelani, from their already strong friendship. I’m fairly sad about Luc’s death, he was a genuine person that seemed way too innocent for the Hunger Games, and I was starting to like him somewhat. It’s disappointing, and will definitely kill any happy or partly upbeat mood the Careers sometimes had.
Great chapter even tho it was a bit a Career-centric they’re the most interesting group at the moment.
11/25/2019 c42 TacoPhoenix88
I’m interested to see what will happen outside the games, hopefully the rebels prevail!
11/25/2019 c43 6Team Shadow
Lucretius-The fact that they're still so low on food and its only the fourth day really makes me nervous for the Careers. I hope they have a better time hunting than they have been.
Cecelia-Awww, I adore these two and their relationship. I also love Cecelia's awkward thing about relationships. She's so cute and awkward and I love it. They're strategy about adding Luc into their group is interesting for sure, it does rely on the fact that they'll find another gem. I wonder if they could figure out Axel has it. Like, if they found the location of the gem he took, would the pedestal out him? What if someone who didn't want the gem kill someone with a gem without knowing they had one? Anyway, I ship Cel and Noelani
Dennis-Dennis, you little sneak! I really only have myself to blame, because I created this monster. Ugh, I can't believe he survived. Can you root for your own tributes death? I'm rooting for his death XD
Glorian-First of all, screw Trajan. Second of all, a tribe is definitely an interesting "mutt". I assume they're not actually humans living in the arena. Also, are they searching for the gems? I wonder.
Lennox-I'm so surprised she survived. I was sure blood loss would kill her. She's even more of a fighter than I thought she was.
Noelani-I have a really bad feeling this food incident is going to break the Careers, which I'm not excited for. I'm really sad Luc died, I really enjoyed reading him and his relationship with Noelani was a fun one.

Great chapter! I can't wait for the next one! I voted in the poll.

Character Opinions:
Mine: Cecelia Hart (D1F), Dennis Fielder (D5M)
Rooting For: Tristana Rockett (D6F)
Love: Lennox Porter (D3F)
Like: Glorian Stafford (D2M), Axel Woodleigh (D6M), Arabella Cantros (D10F), Vincent Elm (D7M), Noelani King (D4F), Hadley Moreau (D9M)
Neutral:
Dislike: Rachel Ivy (D12F), Yael Harident (D11F), Glitter Monique (D2F)
Hate: Trajan Seth (D1M)
11/25/2019 c42 Team Shadow
These people in charge are really causing some trouble for everyone else. I don't like it. They need to chill.
11/25/2019 c42 6santiago.poncini20