for In A Special Place

7/24/2020 c1 20Cynthia Salander
I'm getting back to your fics after a while, and they still continue to be amazing :)

What a wonderful, little idea! I can clearly picture this running in *his* mind as he observes the gang. Brilliant!
10/3/2019 c1 4Call Me Sami
This was such a cool idea! It was nice to hear his thoughts on our favorite group of Friends before he met them. Especially on Phoebe (yes, I did figure out who it was pretty early on).
6/4/2019 c1 15Oldreruns
This was great, I love the subtle reveal on who this is and how he's been around them for a while as an outsider looking in. What a cool idea. Thanks for making sure I knew this was here!
3/31/2019 c1 108Fafsernir
Oh wow, so I really do enjoy your writing apparently...
I was stunned and speechless all the way through reading, and ready/dying to ask you to write more about this character and then-bam! Genius twist of who this is! Dang, you're good. This is beautifully written, I love the details about each characters, which make them recognizable, and it's just well-written, what do you want me to say? Great fic!
2/21/2019 c1 Guest
That's Mike isn't it. Great take
12/30/2018 c1 Guest
Wow this is just marvellous! The way you described everyone of the Group was totally on point! (And Gunther too) The story was cleverly built, little clues like "Upper East side" and how wonderfully historically analytical his thoughts are (so you can tell he's intelligent and clearly was sent to the best schools there are) Also I love his little remark about not being creepy, so Mike-like! Bravo, this is a masterpiece! I kept wondering if the ending would be something like this since his thouhghts were headed there :D :
"Mike!?"
"Yeah?"
12/19/2018 c1 7ArchAngelleofJustice
I love the way you've weaved in such a beautiful description into your character building. e don't get to see a real glimpse of the people around your character for almost all of this short excerpt, but you've still given so much insight into the main character by what they do and don't value and appreciate in these details. You can really tell that this is home to the POV character, and probably always will be.

Ah, I feel like this character actually does join the cast, at least temporarily, in canon. You'll have to forgive me, Friends was a show I grew up knowing about but only ever caught a few episodes of. Anyway, I hope the protagonist does find the happiness that he's searching for - and a way to make it through life as a pianist.
12/19/2018 c1 1blueandie
[Greenwich Village is a state of mind.]

Oh, this was beautiful. I loved the opening descriptions, the sense of feeling calm within their own little sanctuary came through in how the POV character described their surroundings. There was a beautiful wistfulness of the way this opening built into the scene. Really liked how their intelligence came through - "One tiny corner of America where nonconformists, misfits and every individual who felt like an outsider elsewhere could feel at home" was particularly insightful.

[No revolution is taking place nowadays, it's no longer a bohemian enclave for artists who went on to change the world.]

Gorgeous sentence. I really liked how you lead into these observations of the history of the area after establishing the Central Perk location, and also the way the MC observes their surroundings suggests just how familiar they are with the bustling city, meaning the appreciation of the peacefulness here comes through. Loved the use of "a refuge from the anxiety that has filled this city".

Liked the hints as to the nature of the character, as well as the mention that they consider themselves selfish for seeking this time away from their origins. The tone of "not in a creepy way I swear" was great, as was the moment I realised who it was - big shot lawyer career indeed (although the voluntary exile mention had me wondering).

And we've got to the Friends gang and ha, yes they are indeed there a lot.

The observations of each of them is just delightful. I enjoyed the chance to see what an external party would think when they watch them (the mention of the lack of food was great) and all the details of how they react to each other - two of them being at each other's throats (I think they enjoy it too!), the bored listening to Ross and loved the use of "free spirit unfazed by her surroundings". Also liked Gunther's appearance.

I honestly didn't know how much I wanted to have seen this POV of them all. This was utterly gorgeous!
11/12/2018 c1 6Lianna H
Fantastic idea! The reason this guy (yes, I figured out who it isspends time here, is something I completely understand. The descriptions of the regular costumers is very accurate and I really enjoyed what he thinks of Ross and Rachel. I loved how he already felt drawn to Phoebe, even before they met.
11/7/2018 c1 10Missroxy87
This is really really really lovely!
I enjoyed it immensely! I love the way Mike looks at the guys, and the fact that you understand that it is Mike talking only at the end.
I especially loved the line about Ross and Rachel, of course, "seem to be at each other's throats, but I think they enjoy that." Such a perfect way to describe they on and off relationship from season 9 to mid-10 ;)
And the way you describe Chandler is great too!
And I also loved the fact that Mike noticed Phoebe even before meeting her, like it was destiny.
Great story, checked in my fave. Thanks!
Rossella
11/6/2018 c1 Guest
Brilliant!
11/6/2018 c1 15Babatomyfriends
Oh wow! I thought at first that this was a random narrator, just someone to look at the group for us, and it wasn't until you mentioned the lawyer thing that I realized who this is. Really great idea and I love how everybody is instantly recognizable from only a sentence or two of description. This is a real gem of a story, thank you for writing it!