for OC Dude McCoolGuy Doesn't Get Stabbed

9/7 c1 4JSNachos
I agree. I'd say reading oc fanfics about another supreme being was interesting 1 or 2 times and then you quickly realise it's the same everytime. I would say that when OCs are used to show stuff happening in between, but not affecting the plotline is fine.
You might enjoy a Valkyrie's Shadow. As of now, it has over 800K words. It shows the progress in the Sorcerer Kingdom since E-Rantel's annexation through the perspective of nobles, adventurers and the like. It respects everything that happened in cannon, and develops the world around the main plotline through stuff Maruyama did not bother developping. Therefore, I think not all OCs are bad. We just want OCs that are meaningful and, of course, don't overshadow the main cast's actions.
6/17/2020 c1 1Noxen7
My dude's got a message and he's making it heard.
4/30/2020 c1 1AbiWolf666
Goooooooood my dude.
3/18/2020 c1 Dolchio
"All I want is to read more than a COUPLE stories about Ainz and his crew hangin' out in the schoolyard"

Are you serious?

Badly written OCs are crap but I'll take the worst OC story ever written over a god-awful highschool AU ANY day!

If that's the kind of stories you want flooding the Overlord section then you can fuck right off as well.
3/17/2020 c1 32Nightlyy
I don't know the fandom so I can't really comment on the 'story' although there was a disturbing lack of 10s all over McCoolGuySaviorofHumanityRealatedtoEveryonebyFilthyBlood.
The AN tho? 10/10. Like... there is a separate site for OCs. I have made it a ritual to clear the entire browsing history if I accidentally stumble upon one.
NO FLAMES PLZ.
4/19/2019 c1 Thanks
Unironically the best Overlord fan fiction out their (thats not saying much though)
11/19/2018 c1 Durk
Forgot to write that in the other review i wrote.
I suggest reading jaconue s Overlord FF it is probably right up your alley. The writing sryle is superb and kind of resembels the LN. The whole every sentence can be interpretet like in the original is also quite well replicated. OCs or more than light novel fleshed out side chars feel believeable.
11/19/2018 c1 Durk
Well i know where you are coming from, but nonetheless FF is in some part a creative Testing Ground for inexperienced writers. I cringe too if i read a summary such as you describe, but people need a testing ground to get rid of their flaws as, writers. Sure we have had the same self indulgent barely any plot story a thousand times but maybe its their first and they just dont get that, it isnt interesting. I think we should nudge them in theden right direction maybe ask the right question an we will get better stuff in due time.
11/13/2018 c1 shiroryuu012
i knew what you feel
and you know what worse is overlord crossover filled with more self-insert despite they use original character

but there is people who really use OC so good in overlord that make you don't realize they're OC

but your rant is quite harsh
but who cares

and i still in this section its prove how i love overlord ln or anime
atleast overlord not like naruto who say they use naruto character but when you read them its more like SI
11/13/2018 c1 Old Testament
11/13/2018 c1 BigRobot
People need to take inspiration from oblivion2991,meisking01,Grogery, and Jade Tatsu, those guys can write really well. oblivion2991 actually writes his OCs well. but i feel like he often overflows his stories with them sometimes.
11/13/2018 c1 1ABuzzmann
HALLELUJAH! SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT!
11/13/2018 c1 Guest
Yes. THIS. Thank you. I cannot describe how Fing sick and tired I am of all the Momonga 1 author self insert OP character stories. It is most of the stories here.

Usually these characters do absolutely NOTHING in the story and have zero effect on the plot. If you take this OC out, the story would be exactly the same. Worse, usually after the OC is taken out, not only has the story not changed at all, it’s just a plagarized retelling of the exact same events in the original work.

This Momonga 1 author self insert OP character bs is completely devoid of originality or entertainment value and has got to STOP.
11/13/2018 c1 7Alan975
i LOVE the OC inserts so shut up, its a fanfic there are no rules for it and you don't decide what is bad, the world doesn't revolve around you. If there are no good stories with only the originals then make one yourself, lastly, do you think that the writers here are doing it to please you?, NO THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE A PASION FOR IT (most of them)
19 Page 1 2 Next »