for red dead redemption 2 theory

11/19/2018 c1 JustAReader
No way.

SPOILERS:
This story was told in game to show that Arthur sees everything bad that happens to him (murder of his son and kid's mother, TB) as a punishment for his sins. That is why he tells Rain Falls, that he thinks he cannot be happy in life because of what he had done in his life.

Also it looks like we were supposed to play through this part of the game (scene with two crosses in the field in one of the trailers), but it was cut off (Rockstar confirmed that they cut 5 hours of the game before the release date and that it was related to some other love interest of Arthur).

Dutch cared about the people he was keeping together in the gang. They lived a good 20 years and we see only the last few months when things start to go downhill for them. He treated Arthur and John as sons, I think he was really fond of Jack. Why would he do something like that to Arthur? He didn't want to keep anyone by force in their 'little family' and he says that multiple times in game.
Dutch started falling into his delusions after what happened in Blackwater (the first time when he acted out of character, what all the other people commented on). After this event they had to escape and dramatically needed money, so Dutch was forcing more and more risky plans, which were falling one by one and their situation was getting worse witch each of his failures and this is what made Dutch to 'go crazy' in forcing his unrealistic plans and loosing focus on people he cared about in the name of the survival of the gang, as an abstract idea, not the real people.
And he trusted the wrong person (Micah) instead of relying on the people who were loyal to him for over 20 years.
I believe that Dutch understood his mistakes when Arthur told his last words to him. And that is why he did what he did in the epilogue.
Dutch was in no scenario a monster, he made a lot of gravely mistakes, but I believe his intentions were good.
11/17/2018 c1 Meh
If Dutch actually cared for Arthur he wouldn't have let him die or try to. Just throwing it out there
11/17/2018 c1 5N1CK3RD00DL3
I think Dutch went insane seeing all of the people he cared about passing so abruptly- and that witnessing Hosea getting shot and Arthur slowly dying to TB was just the last straw.
11/17/2018 c1 1Olberic
That's a bit of a stretch. Arthur still visited them every few months, but he still ran with the gang primarily. There is no reason for Dutch to make anyone kill them and despite the gang falling apart towards the end, they still had a decent set of ideals that they upheld prior to that.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service