for Gilead

9/15/2021 c1 Denie1943
KWAK, you simply must tell us more about the caravan trip, the Indians, the new remedies, and the new babies. Every time I read this story, I long for more. Thanks for sharing. Stay well!
9/15/2021 c39 Denie1943
We are running out of chapters and there is so much more for this story to explore. Hope you will find a way. Thanks!
9/14/2021 c32 Denie1943
Well! It's quite time for Gil to wake up. Though I have read this story before, I had forgotten how you portrayed Gil as a bumbling clod.
9/10/2021 c10 Denie1943
I'm thinking it is about time for Gil to do his business or get off the pot. What say you, K with a K?
9/9/2021 c5 Denie1943
OK! I can't remember how many times I have read this story. But, it's that good. I just can't wait for Gil and Anne to see the truth of their love for one another and their destiny. Thanks for sharing. Stay well!
8/20/2021 c41 Guest
I wish there was more Marilla content here. Love your story though.
11/4/2020 c40 Denie1943
Too good! Thanks for sharing...Stay well!
11/3/2020 c15 Denie1943
Oh how I long for these two to declare their love and to become engaged...
7/26/2020 c41 Denie1943
Grand...simply grand! You are quite good. I would have enjoyed a few more chapters starting when they took off together in their new home. Thanks for sharing...Please stay well...
5/3/2020 c31 PelirrojaBiu
Gosh, I’m ashamed to admit I haven’t known about the Sign Language being prohibited. I’m actually going to take up learning it soon and hope to become an interpreter one day. What horrible times to be alive in, I hope May gets all the help Gil manages to come up with.
I’m swallowing this story whole and what a pleasure it is!
12/30/2019 c2 22katherine-with-a-k
Hi SY,
Sorry about that, I have changed it back, at least I think it has changed, it takes about half an hour. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Lots of love, kwak
12/30/2019 c2 SY
Hi KWAK, I have read almost everything you wrote, and you are just so excellent in describing Gil and Anne together, it makes me swoon...big time.
I think Chapter 2 here is mixed up with Begin Again's Chapter 2...I am not sure whether you are still reading reviews, but if so, I can't wait to read the correct Chapter 2...please please please let it be that you are still checking reviews, lol :)
12/1/2019 c23 PelirrojaBiu
I don’t know which one of the parent figures said that Anne might as well be pouring moonlight but it was really poetic, well done, hahaha.

It was a truly ingenious idea to have the letters written for a dying Walter. What a brilliant move! I wanted to cry imagining a very young Bertha, in love with her baby girl, sharing everything with her husband who she knows is going to die.
11/30/2019 c22 PelirrojaBiu
That first sentence about the baby had me choking. Yes, it’s about May, of course, but still, I can’t help but wonder if this and the talk on the train might not be hints! Will Anne and Gil learn the hard way that pulling out is not a reliable method of birth control?

Ruby’s letter is so... Ruby! I love that in her haste to get hitched she knew what her priorities were and took that fine linen. Oh Ruby, I hope she’s not hurt! And that Gil does not get hurt in the process of finding Davy!

My favourite scene was of course the one on the train. I loooove the two of them together, quarrelling yet respecting each other at the same time.
11/5/2019 c1 10LJ Summers
Dearest of K's -

We haven't met, I don't think, but I think I love your brain. :)

I spent, gak, most of the past twelve hours absorbed in Anotherlea and Gilead. I mean, I didn't sleep, I finished one and immediately went to the next on my Kindle browser (which is why I didn't leave a string of gushing reviews all night, that and my husband REALLY isn't fond of me typing at two in the morning. Imagine!) and continued reading until the lavender oil finally worked (yep, I am one of those people) and I dozed for like an hour and a half. Then I woke up and finished Gilead.

I adore how you took our beloved world of PEI and beyond and created this intense, thought-provoking, passionate, accessible story. I adore how you left a lot of bitter in with the sweet, how there are triumphs and sorrows, and unexpected bends in the roads. I love how you incorporated canon names and faces in entirely new circumstances (seeing Paul Irving was charming, tbh), and of course, the love story of our favorite OTP, Anne & Gilbert.

And even Ruby Gillis gets her Herb Spencer, there at the end. :)

Thank you for the educational and enlightening author's notes and the sidebar stories, too. :)

But mostly, thank you for sharing this. For being brave, bold, daring, and both modern and traditional as you brought forth Anne and Gilbert as shaped by new decisions and circumstances.

A joy to read. Truly.