FanFiction.Net
for Gilead

5/27/2019 c31 LucindeMoon
Oh my goodness, I did NOT see that last part coming! Actually, I did, but I guess I thought my idea was too blatantly obvious. Anyway, I need an update before bottled up emotions make me spontaneously combust!
5/27/2019 c31 wow
Oh wow. so Anne already has "ferocious love blooming in her belly" (what a perfectly Anne description btw) and I can understand her sadness at the world intruding on the secret life they've made for themselves because they'll be no hiding her expanding belly. Not to mention that no one is going to understand their married in spirit-but-not-in-law relationship. How are John and Marilla going to take the news, let alone Redmond? I cannot wait to see Anne in the glen and reunited with Gil. And of course Ro saw this coming from a mile away. I'm so glad Anne has her.

Learning about the history of deaf culture was fascinating and it's infuriating to learn that sign language was once banned. I'm so glad it thrived anyway. And I'm so glad that Gil is communicating with May anyway. Of course Miss Hackthorne was happy to have her hands on Gilbert ;).

So once again we have someone telling Gil what kind of man he should be. I think the father-to-be is just going to have to work it out for himself.
5/27/2019 c31 Guest
This story is getting so juicy now I love it
5/25/2019 c31 Guest
Eggers, Curlow and Blythe! It's funny they tacked his name on as an after thought. I wonder what will happen now that Anne's pregnant. I don't think gil will want to go back to college or will they go together?
5/25/2019 c31 7Formerly known as J
The fact that Gilbert managed to find his way up the hillside following her trail of berries tickled ME greatly, kwaks, not just Claudine! I loved Aunt Jen loving rebuking Gilbert and telling him about men pursuing what's important. I'd say it's true she rarely gets an opportunity to tell a Blythe man her thoughts. And I could just imagine his uncle's reaction to his 'imprecise' note. Lol! And you know I loved that picture of Gilbert Blythe all scruffed up after a few days away in the forest. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! No wonder Miss Hackthorne didn't mind him placing her hand on his throat - I wouldn't either. Ooohh yeah baby!

I loved how Gilbert left Uncle Dave and the others to do their thing with his balm, and I especially loved his line about growing up knowing that if he doesn't do a thing, it doesn't get done. Geez, I love that boy! I loved his letter to Anne - and I never knew about hand talk being illegal back in the day. I absolutely loooove how you research these things for us. And of course, could our Gilbert promise to be anything but an honourable man?

Now for the bombshell at the end. Even though I think I'm almost as sad as Anne about the unravelling of their secret world, it was just so lovely how you told us. As much as I loved the idea of Anne and Ro working away together while Gilbert's away, it was the way both women just knew that moved me the most. I agree that it's deffo not the kind of announcement one can make in a letter, is it? I especially loved that it was Ro who said, you must go tell him. I adored that she was so confident of his reaction. What I love most about this story is how rock solid Anne and Gilbert are. No subterfuge, no doubt, no false conflict, no misunderstandings at all - just love and trust, and truly the depth of their bond is beautiful to behold.

I love this story so much, and I can't wait to find out what's gonna happen at the Glen now!

Fave line: that plush satin quilt deflating under Gilbert's weight.
That description was so kwak-perfect, I sighed out loud when I read it. In my mind, it was a burgundy coloured quilt, am I right? That's the kind of writing that makes me so excited about our next little writing venture together. :)
5/24/2019 c31 6DrinkThemIn
Hehehehe - thank you. :-) Well...they're on quite the path now. "Alone" and pregnant.
5/24/2019 c31 3Lavinia Maxwell
Poor May :( I didn't know that sign language was illegal that is crazy! Anne is pregnant...Ahhhhh! What are Gil and Anne going to do?!
5/24/2019 c31 NotMrsRachelLynde
Wow, this chapter had everything! Wheeling and dealing, outdoor adventure, and even poky old Avonlea had some scandal as well. Poor Anne. While she knows her and Gilbert are married "in spirit", she is also bright enough to know this a rather big complication to their lives. Good thing Gilbert has inadvertently found a source of income. Excited to see how this plays out. Plus these two meeting up in Glen after several weeks apart...wowsers. I really can't wait to see that. Another thing that I really love about your works is the interesting history I learn. I had no idea that sign language was ever banned. That would have never even crossed my mind. Thanks for improving my mind with wonderful knowledge as well.
5/24/2019 c31 41oz diva
Funnily enough I have a deaf character in my story too, so I knew about the deaf conference of 1880. Seems ridiculous now, but as we know it set deaf education back decades.

I may have mentioned this before, but your use of scent is very evocative, it brings your characters to life. Ro is very wise and I’m pleased Anne is taking her advice.
5/24/2019 c31 2Corkrose
Thanks for the Oman shoutout!

Also, what a cliffhanger! I can’t wait until the next chapter! I only discovered this story a few chapters ago and it’s such a creative and innovative look at Anne and Gilbert’s relationship!
5/22/2019 c1 Guest
I need you to know they you're my favorite fan fiction writer
5/22/2019 c28 8Catiegirl
I think I read a comment about this separation happening on Gilbert’s terms now- and so true! His cheeky goodbye was brilliant, and I loved Anne prefacing his parent’s disapproval in the previous scene, saying that they were family now, so tough cookies. So true! I love how she understands him- and youth needs to be understood. May I never forget that! May’s deafness: I had such sympathy for Ro- mother-guilt is a constant anyhow, but I was unreasonably angry at Gil for blaming her for missing it. She did miss it, but so did everyone else! His own awareness of his distraction was hard too, and I love that Anne could read that, and not take that the wrong way. I love how crystal clear she is- it’s the thing I love most about our girl!
5/21/2019 c27 Catiegirl
I love this question- what is it that makes a good man? And what do you do when right is wrong, and visa versa? It’s a fine needle point that Gilbert has been balancing on, and I was both a little relieved and also freaked out by John calling him on what they had been doing. His reasoning is sound, too- inasmuch as what if something DID happen to Gil? I did cringe at the manner of the accusation though- no talk of romantic ‘lovemaking’ from him, just talk of ‘bedding’ her. I could really appreciate his viewpoint though- youth sees the dream, not cold reality. I loved that little aside that it was Marilla who softened him on it, though. Speaking of which: taking a rest at 1 in the morning! That made me laugh, as does the wonder of youth at romance in the elderly! The contrast of Martin and John as fathers here was interesting- as was dealing with what they each thought of him. I wasn’t surprised by Gil heading into the trench, too- when you’re on a pedestal and don’t think you deserve it... lovely character work there. I love you showing us generations of manhood here, as well as the histories that make this story so rich. Loved it!
5/20/2019 c30 Guest
Wow, your story is so different. i love it
5/19/2019 c30 wow
I love that you've introduced us to a different version of the Glen that we know from the books. I don't know why, but I love the constant mention of the meal courses at Dr Dave's house - the soup course, the cheese course etc! I guess because it shows the stuffiness and formality of his life and how it revolves completely around him. Now is he going to help May out with her hearing or what?

And speaking of repetition, I love that desciption of Gilbert's life at Redmond.

That single sentence describing Anne in the bath and Gilbert's reaction to it -like how do you write something *that* hot with just one sentence? :0 Damn.

Gilbert seeing the white bird and sending the kiss up to Lottie - just lovely. Also lovely the image of him lying in the grass, his heart full.

Honestly I just love immersing myself in your stories. The world is just crazy it feels like a lot of the time and politics is getting me down so thank you for writing your stories.
540 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »