for Gilead

9/17/2019 c41 8Catiegirl
I’M SO PROUD OF YOU! Damn straight, you should be celebrating. I read it yesterday, and I just loved it. Gorgeous ending, and you really got me with the twins! Total surprise, and I finished it laughing at thinking about Anne and Gil loving each other constantly. It’s got to be one of my faves ever, something I’ll return to again and again. Loved Dora’s early ‘news’- nice way to take the heat off Anne and Gilbert! And I especially loved Martin’s wisdom there, that the girls chose their own path, they just had to accept it. I’m so excited to see what you have coming- and you and J- what a combo! You’re amazing- and I’ve laughed and cried with this Anne and Gil the whole way. Well done, and so happy that your six years on here is not ending! You’re one of the best, and I love you to bits.
9/17/2019 c41 GreenGabledGirl
Lovely Kwak,

You’ll never know how many times since July’s post I’ve typed ‘Gilead’ into my email search box in the event I’d missed notification of a new chapter. I was more worried about you than the story, and then I came upon your note here about your busy summer and house re-do. Phew!

Gorgeous girl, thank you for this touching and earthy story. The final two chapters were worth the wait. I was so tickled that Anne and Gilbert were never parted again, save for the time Gilbert did the lovely (not extreme) caravan makeover for Anne. I was delighted he never returned to Redmond...a first for me, rooting for non-Doctor Blythe! How fitting he became a botanist! I about died when Anne gave birth to twins, and swooned over the name of Rowan John. I also loved how you tied up/connected many plot threads and revealed a juicy tidbit or two: Dora’s pregnancy timeline, etc. And thank you for the delightful glimpse of Anne and Gilbert’s ever-growing family. I shall revel in the afterglow of their happiness for days...

P.S. The other day while I perusing one of many Anne-centric FB groups, I came across a photo of a copse of Balm of Gilead poplars on PEI. Coincidence? I think not.
9/16/2019 c41 7Formerly known as J
Oh, kwaky, you know I'm deffo gonna miss your writing on here. But I'm super SUPER excited about the new projects you have coming up ~ most especially our deliciously lusty, busty story! I can't wait for it to be unveiled to the world! But more on that later. Let's talk about the triumph that is Gilead. Because, make no mistake, this is a triumph. I tell you, this was just the most perfectly gorgeous and satisfying ending. I loved it!

From the beginning, this has been such an original, rollicking adventure, and I've adored every twist and turn you've given us. And then you give us twins - TWINS! No, I never suspected Anne was having twins here, not for a moment. That was the very best and most unexpected twist of all. I loved Ro tending to her through her labour, and of course Gilbert was right there with her (I f*cken loved him vowing never to touch her again!), and racing home with her, white with anxiety. But you must forgive me, I'm babbling a bit, AND getting ahead of myself with all the excitement.

Just when I thought this GB couldn't get any hotter (or sweeter) he goes and gives Anne this most gorgeous gift. No, not their little Pearl (and Rowan John!), but their very own Caravan of Sweet, Sweet Leeeerve! Ohh la la, I freakin LOVE it! And I think Anne did too! ;) He is an absolute darling, and now officially my fave Gilbert you've ever created. I ADORE him. And his beard... oh, yeah baby. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Meanwhile, I never suspected our prim little Dora Keith was pregnant - that truly IS a turn up for the books! And I can fully understand why Marilla and Martin would stay longer and want to be with her when she has the baby. But I also imagine that Marilla might have been torn about that decision when she found out her girl was pregnant too! Man, I felt for her!

But that little epilogue, kwaky. That was just gorgeous. It was simply perfect to see Anne and Gilbert with their little (ok, kinda large?) brood frolicking on the shore at the Glen with Aunt Jen. I was unreasonably happy that she dotes on them so. And then, the crowning moment was them tracing words in the sand, another amazing callback to the very beginning of this story when Anne and Gilbert were stomping out their looping letters in the snow. My heart sang to know they were expecting number seven. And then melted when I read just how in love they still were.

Don't ask me for a favourite line, I can't give you just one or even three. Just take it as this entire chapter. So, so good! :)

Much love from your bosom friend
FKAJ xx
9/16/2019 c41 3Lavinia Maxwell
Love the ending!
9/16/2019 c41 Regina
Shoot, even on my home computer
I have problems. I was going to say Gilbert and his parents weren’t considered in the baby naming either but apparently half the town named their kids after Gilbert in canon. I wished his parents got more ink, though.

Rowan John is an awesome name and so clever of you, Kwak!
No AOGG fanfic author does a better job than you when it comes to devising names for their characters on this fanfic site, I have to say. You really put thought into it, too.

Of course, I’ll have lots more to say later but this is just an amazing final chapter.
9/16/2019 c41 Regina56
What a surprise to see this and thank you so much for the shout-out. I'm getting ready for work soon and Idislike doing reviews on my phone because I make mistakes like forgetting to sign in.
Of course I scanned this and I will get back to you later about my thoughts. I'm the type who will think about stories long after I've read them which is why multiple reviews will pop up for one chapter. it's just how my thought processes work.
However, I will thank you for righting what I perceived to be a wrong in canon regarding the naming of Anne and Gilbert's children.
I couldn't understand why Jem wasn't a Matthew considering he was so dearly loved by Anne. (Captain Jim, really? )
then to name the twins after herself and Diana I could understand a bit as they were bosom friends but Anne didn't know she was carrying twin girls back then and didn't she ever think that perhaps she should honor Marilla first?
I don't necessarily believe that we have a duty to name our children after others but if Anne was going to start then Matthew and marilla should've taken precedence. And then what about Gilbert and his parents
9/16/2019 c41 NotMrsRachelLynde
Wow, this was a wonderful end to this story! I love how Anne and Gilbert are just being their authentic selves without worrying too much about what everyone expects of them. They are happy, fulfilled and living the life they love without compromise. And 10 years later, they are still happy and in love AND get their 7 children as well. BTW, loved the surprise twins when Anne gave birth. And now I can't wait to see your new works as you never cease to surprise me with your wit and wonderful creativity. This was totally worth the wait. Thanks again for sharing this amazing story with us!
9/16/2019 c41 YodaChick
Such a fitting ending. Can't wait for your next adventure
9/15/2019 c41 Guest
Wow! Love it! Happy and sad to reach the end of this story, but I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next.
9/15/2019 c39 Regina
Damn, that was me below if you didn’t already know.
9/15/2019 c40 Guest
Kwak,
I’m at a baseball game right now and it hit me out of the blue that I didn’t mention how much I love your Paul Irving here! I already said I’m more of a Paul girl than a John Blythe girl and I would read a story just about him.

I was also remiss not to tell you that Diane and Fred are my favorite secondary couple in this story. Old Dr. Blythe and his missus are my least favorite but that’s not a criticism of you; it would be a boring story if we didn’t have people to dislike. I just think the elder Blythes are a little pretentious.
Again, this was a wonderful chapter.
9/15/2019 c40 sanatheab
Love this latest update- definitely worth the wait. I think Gilbert saying, “Now Mrs Blythe why would you want to say no?” is the best line. Why, indeed? *Swoon*
9/14/2019 c40 Guest
This was worth waiting for! Gilbert talking to the baby was so cute
9/13/2019 c40 Guest
I loved ruby gliding towards herb. Why didn’t gil say something about the necklace sooner? I’m glad your back and going to finish this
9/13/2019 c40 Lavinia Maxwell
I am glad you are back! I was having a 'Jonah Day' and so excited to see that you posted another chapter. It made my day :) and was worth the wait.

I am excited to read your and J's new story!
540 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »