for Uplift

7/22/2019 c1 72MissScorp
Hi there! I am largely fandom blind to Pokémon but I do know enough that I can follow the story without any problems whatsoever. This does a very good job at showing the dark side that is to mankind. Among the Pokémon are stories about trainers coming and testing them so as to choose one of them to take back and train. They live for this day and think of it as a great honor. Only, when that day comes, it does not go at all as they imagined.

The trainer turns out to be no better than a trafficker. He sets his Pokémon, Blaze on the unsuspecting pikachu, willfully harming them before tossing a pokeball out to capture one of the females that he takes back with him. The pikachu, despite what all they endured try to believe that there is good in this because of their legends but I have a feeling it will all end tragically. I am proven right when the pikachu female returns and attacks her own pup. It’s a look at the deplorable and shameful things that have happened in the real world from the world of Pokémon.

That the trainer wantonly destroys their forest and leaves them struggling to survive is the true epitome of evil. They don’t care about the Pokémon. They don’t care if pikachu starve or their numbers dwindle. They’re just things to enslave and abuse. To use in their quest to capture other Pokémon. This makes a bold statement to me because it represents both human trafficking and animal. The lives of those people and animals do not matter. Just the money they can make on the market. It’s the same principle here. The lives of the Pikachu and other Pokémon do no matter to the trainer. Just what power boosts they get from having whichever Pokémon in their arsenal. The ending line sums everything up perfectly: They’re just playthings dependent on the whim of man.

A very interesting piece. Good job!
6/24/2019 c1 1ZadArchie
So, I’m just going in order of the posts on that WA thread to help counteract the spammer. So, yay, another review for you!

You know, oddly enough, this kind of reminds me of the movie, Sausage Party, minus all the comedy. Pokemon originally believed that humans were like gods who chose them for something greater. The truth, however, turns out to be much darker. I’ve had to review some “pokemon training as cruelty stories,” and a lot of them go a little too obvious as they try to express their main idea. They go for least subtle choices and practically shout to readers their theme, as if they’re too stupid to catch it on their own. This one is much more subdued and does more of a slow build up for it. I like that.

As always, a courtesy review to another person plagued by the spammer is encouraged to help pay it forward.

Best,
Zad
5/27/2019 c1 Guest
If you like to talk to tomatoes,
If a squash can make you smile,
If you like to waltz with potatoes
Up and down the produce aisle
Have we got a show for you
VeggieTales
Veggietales!
There's never ever ever ever
Ever been a show like
Veggie Tales!
Its time for VeggieTales!
2/16/2019 c1 1kohaiame
This was a brutal but interesting short story, I kinda like the dark take it shows with how the pokemon see trainers and how cruel some could be.
On the 3rd paragraph you forgot to add "we" between "where" and "were". "Where we were" sounds better than "Where were". That's the only thing I noticed was wrong.
Thanks for the interesting story it was tragically beautiful even though it was pretty sad and brutal.
12/27/2018 c1 Guest
Damn, that’s...a really brutal shot. Too bad the target probably will brush it off as “just another troll” or that you’re a “Sockpuppet account.”

Very well executed there, so, kudos to you there. Kind of a dark story at face-value though.
12/27/2018 c1 3rylek196
Applause. Fucking applause, man. SOMEONE needed to put those assholes in their place, if even in a subtle way such as this. I personally have no side in that who-can-spam-the-most pissing contest/dick measuring these walking unflushed truck stop toilets have going on, and I just wish they'd all... go away. Or drop dead. Whatever works better.

Regardless, this was wonderfully written, if dark, and I'll be sure to tell some compatriots of mine on this site about this to hopefully give you more reviews on this. You deserve 'em! :)
12/27/2018 c1 Stylepoints Zero
And a thinly veiled attack on a user. Congrats on being such a troll.
12/26/2018 c1 Ol' 3lue Eyes
Blaze, it is just a story. You are losing your sanity attempting to get what you want.
12/25/2018 c1 13Blades of Chance
And it's the user who only did this in order to be an asshole and proved that Farla's gang torment me and everyone else with alternative accounts.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service