for The Brick Wall Job

3/15/2019 c3 25Gilbert H. Karr
Wow. You know I never really thought about it, but I guess it would be scary as all get out to be on the other side of an interrogation by the Leverage team. I loved that Sophie was a human lie detector. I love that Parker was able to get the drop on Shelley by hiding in plain sight.

I'm interested to know what else Eliot told him. Nice work. Looking forward to what comes next. I read this when you first published it, and my life got complicated, so I wasn't able to review at the time.
2/21/2019 c3 2hengrimm
Overall this was an amusing chapter, thanks to Shelley's POV and his first introduction to the team, which did not go according to plan. I really loved Parker thinking of Eliot as a wolf and dog, distilling his characteristics down to elements that she can understand. The depth of the characters' thoughts continue to be where you shine as well as with dialogue - you know your "Leverage" well! And once again I find myself wanting to turn the page to find out what happens next - because despite the team's best intentions, they're still going to complicate things for Eliot - and I'd like to see what happens if Shelley gets out of the closet before they take off. I hope you will have one of your sporadic updates soon!
2/9/2019 c2 hengrimm
Characterization is phenomenal … the depths you go to in your POV characters' heads is amazing and riveting; I feel as if I have a deeper understanding of "Leverage" and her characters just from reading this story - and we're only 2 chapters into it! Suspense is still building because I *really* want to know just what Eliot is going to do and what it's going to cost him; I want to know what the team is going to go through to get him back; and I want (hope) the team is prepared/willing to show him that he is *theirs*, that it doesn't matter what he's had to do in the past - or even now - that he's still theirs and of course they'd welcome him home.

My guess here at the end is that Parker must've tasered Shelley, that he was the one she noticed watching the team at the end of last chapter. Which brings me to the one question I have: is Shelley canon or one of your characters? I haven't seen "Leverage" in many years and I know I haven't seen every episode so his name is unfamiliar to me.
2/9/2019 c1 hengrimm
What a great first chapter!

Eliot is my favorite character, but I love how you stayed in Nate's POV and your characterization of him and - through his eyes - of the rest of the team, even Eliot, though he wasn't present. I love the changing colors of Nate's concerns and especially his thoughts on air quotes. I got a kick out of Sophie's speech starting with "'Oh that stupid, stupid man'" and it seemed very in character from what I remember of the series. I also really love Parker's characterization and how in tune with Eliot she is and how she used breakfast to express why/how she was so concerned about him. The suspense of Eliot's absence really makes me want to read more, to find out what happened to him or is going to happen to him, but I also want to read more because I enjoy the depth of the character's thoughts and can't wait to get inside other characters' heads too. And, frankly, I love the team-as-family stories; stories where they appreciate Eliot and try to get him to *get* that they love him too and that they want to take care of him … and based on the summary, this seems as if it will go there. I can't wait!

I also really, really appreciate your A/N, where you state this story is canon-compliant as far as the romance goes and, more importantly, that you won't ever abandon a story: I will hold you to that! I really want to see where this goes and I'd be utterly disappointed if you never finished it. So I'll be watching for the sporadic updates so I can find out what happens next … you've totally hooked me with this first chapter. Kudos!
2/3/2019 c3 24sapienlover
Well, of course Parker tasered Shelley. Serves him right for underestimating Eliot's team … family. I loved looking at the team from Shelley's point of view, and how he made the mistake of underestimating them, although I feel as though he took a little of his cue from Eliot. Just because Eliot wants them protected doesn't mean that they are helpless, and I enjoyed reading the revelation that one doesn't cross Team Leverage - especially Parker, who is a tad psychotic when she's in the mood. I also loved Sophie's understanding of Shelley's intentions and how she reads him like a book. But my favourite bit is this - "Your loyalty will be to Eliot's wishes, not to what is best for him." And therein lies the difference. Eliot's underestimation of his team and what he means to them. Beautifully observed. More please.
1/21/2019 c2 25Gilbert H. Karr
Oh my- I hope Shelley's all right. That last line doesn't bode well for him protecting the team, does it? Unless the team is misreading the situation, and attacked him. Time will tell, I guess.

One note- the Boys Night Out job indicated that Shelley was still in the service. At one point, Bonanno asks him if he's married, and he says, "To the Constitution of the United States of America" or something similar. Their continued table chat made it seem like he and Eliot did some black ops together, as they talked about poisoning someone by having him eat something he was allergic to, but I thought that was in the course of a mission for Vance or one during their service. I picture Shelley as the soldier Eliot used to be before everything that happened after happened, but maybe that's just my own head canon.

I don't know how Shelley's going to pull this off, or Eliot either for that matter. I will say your story is kicking my muse into high gear and making me want to write my own Moreau escapes story. Great work. Looking forward to more.
1/21/2019 c2 24sapienlover
And once again, a slow, sinister build-up. I hope Shelley's okay. Eliot, the strategist and guardian, thinks he has a handle on this, no matter that his plan has to come to fruition too soon and the uproar has caught him when he's really not physically up to dealing with it. But he will, because he's Eliot Spencer, dammit, and you've caught Eliot perfectly. Now I cannot wait for the next chapter. No, really. I CAN'T WAIT.
1/21/2019 c2 7Cgarcia555
Thanks for the update. Stories starting to get very interesting. I do hope both Shelly and Eliot get through the day in one piece. The job too.
Looking forward to the next page.
1/17/2019 c1 ann.ryce
This sounds like it's going to be very interesting and I can't wait to read the next chapter!
1/14/2019 c1 Cgarcia555
Looks like this is going to be a great g road tri. I’m looking forward to it. Please do update regularly.
1/12/2019 c1 1novisha.rivera.1
I'm booted up and strapped in for the ride
1/7/2019 c1 UpdateCraver
Umm... Im goin need you to update. Please and thank you, because this is shaping up to be good.
1/2/2019 c1 25Gilbert H. Karr
Wow. So, it seems some of Moreau’s men have broken him out and they are in the process of taking over the country. And Eliot’s gone to do—well, whatever Eliot’s planning to do to keep the team safe. I agree that he wouldn’t leave them unprotected, though. Especially not with the likes of Moreau walking the earth again. I could actually see him walk back in after “rallying the troops” thinking he would be back before they knew what was going on.

I worry for Eliot, since he really seemed to be hurt at the end of the episode. I mean, yes, he was well enough to leave with the nurse, and the show made a joke of it, but with the people Eliot knew, I always envisioned her being an actual nurse (and one of his military friends) as well as his “date” for the evening. Obviously, that’s just what’s taking place in my writers brain, but... well...Great beginning. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. I like the way you put words together. How’s that for a strange compliment?
1/1/2019 c1 24sapienlover
Oh my gosh. OH. MY. GOSH. That SOB Moreau's done something dreadful, hasn't he? And that is SO an Eliot thing to do! You have everyone just bang on, as always, but Parker here is fabulous! I always love her rather interesting line of thought, and this is just straight out of the series - PERFECT!

And now we have a banged-up hitter on the loose without his team and probably in a situation whereby he is in extreme danger and he thinks he's protecting his team. Idiot.
59 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4