FanFiction.Net
for Fate

1/29/2019 c20 randver
well I hardly think it was depressing. Emotional yes but hardly depressing. The fact that it was from various PoV made it for an interesting read.

I liked the way you went through the families different reactions over Rons near death experience.

Fred's pov was good. I like the way he finally came to the harsh realization that he spent so much time knocking his younger brother down that he never even spent time getting to know him. I do hope that when the family learns what happened to all his possessions that as a B-Day gift or a Yule gift they replace them. I also think a new trunk is in order with some gringotts level protections on it courtesy of a curse breaking very pissed off older brother.

Ron needs to have a serious talk with Pandora and tell her how her ring saved him several times but there's no way she could've known that he would've faced the most evil wizard in modern history, yes that even includes Albus's ex because as far as anyone knows HE never split his soul the way tommie boy does. She needs that bit of healing and I think maybe so does Ron. He might need that talk to realize that he a mere boy of 12 just faced off a severely weakened but still powerful adult wizard who except for 2 people, potter and dumbles, has killed everyone who has faced off against him.

Helios was an unexpected but not unwelcome pov. I never thought to ascribe any intelligence other than basic animal intelligence to the creature but it seems Hedwig isn't the only avian genius flying around.

I love the way that Sirius stepped up to help the Weasley's out. I'm certain that Harry and Neville told both him and Remus the truth simply because they're horrible liars and so Sirius stepped up to help the boy who once again was at his Godsons side at his darkest hours. I do wonder if remus can help Ron out with the Patronus charm. From the way you describe the feeling he had from his family's hugs in his hospital room he might be able to produce the first stage of the spell sooner rather than later.

Ron friends actions and reactions were wonderful. I'm glad Tracey stepped up to keep the group from falling apart because that was one burden Ron really didn't need to have to deal with. I am so looking forward to Blaise and Theo taking a bit of mickey out of their fearless leader about his weak and nonexistent muscles and getting him up and running again.

In all this hubbub most have forgotten about Rons apprenticeship but I'm sure that now that he's awake but still very weak Lord Greengrass can help while away some of the hours with a match or two. Plus it gives him a chance to actually interogate Ron on his own since Daphne spilled the beans which I'm very happy she did. I can't imagine M'Lords reaction from his eldest and most level headed daughter informing him that the dark lord isn't as gone as everyone suspects and a 12 yr old boy is living proof of that.

good chapter, a very nice wrap up of most things from the previous story. There's still a few things here and there but I'm sure they'll be forth coming.
As always love the story. Keep up the fantastic writing.
1/29/2019 c20 58Starway Man
Wow, you weren't kidding about depressing stuff in this one - how the Weasley family reacted to seeing Ron in a coma, and even Ron's owl wanting to escape confinement. That bit with Ron waking up in St. Mungos and it smelled of cleaning alcohol - was someone drinking cheap firewhiskey in his hospital room? Cleaning charms don't leave that sort of smell behind, you know! The scene with Ron having a panic attack was done okay, and his determination to find out about the Stone - learn whether he'd accomplished his self-appointed mission - was even better. But the scene with Sirius and Remus was the best - "he even talks like a Slytherin", indeed!

The interrogation by Dumbledore was handled fairly well, the exposition was fairly balanced and the semi-casual back and forth gave you the impression Ron was wise to go for complete disclosure - better to learn the truth now and be bitterly disappointed, rather than foolishly think the threat potential was gone. Ron's conversation with his father emphasised that - better to tell the truth than comforting lies - but then he's only twelve, and probably doesn't get that there are times when it's better to lie - wizarding world politics being what it is! Especially when you're so bitter and angry...

So, Daphne disobeyed Snape's orders and confessed to her father out of worry for her crush? That wasn't surprising, but still written okay...I liked your mention of Rita Skeeter as well, typical muckraker, and how Daphne went mental at Hermione on the train - it's a pity the Gryffindor trio didn't turn up to visit Ron in this chapter, but I assume you had your reasons for that! The owl-post letter at the end was kiddie-cute, and I look forward to reading more as soon as you can get it published.
1/29/2019 c20 Rivy
Dude, where's Hermione, Neville and Potter visiting him at the hospital?
1/29/2019 c19 SRA
Tienes una forma de escribir brillante. me encanta como desarrollas la historia
1/29/2019 c19 Astro
It seems like Ron have a sealed evil in him. Maybe the reason for his future vision? Maybe the reason he screwed the “entities over?

Man, this is also bad. Since Voldemort escaped AND others won't be able to discover the entity (excluding Dumbledore and Snape... kinda.) until... something happens.
1/29/2019 c19 Rivy
I love Ron but... I really would have liked to Griffindor to have won the House Cup.
1/29/2019 c18 MMax
this may be the beginning of Draco starting to turn a new leaf, experiencing Voldy's terrifying character.
1/29/2019 c19 Guest
Thanks for the chapter buddy.
1/29/2019 c19 Gyoza101
This is great! I certainly didn’t see that coming. Can’t wait to read the next chapter!
1/28/2019 c19 1Marbbles123
Brilliant! I was not expecting that at all! Voldemort entering Ron and then the entity attacking both of them...man that was intense! I hope we get to see the Weasley’s reaction to the news...Molly will never let Ron out of her sight again.

Can’t wait an update!
1/28/2019 c19 Niel2804
i read this as soon as you post, Omg poor Ron, this chapter is so creepy. keep writing, i'll be waiting
1/28/2019 c19 randver
EEEEWWWW just when you think the entity inside Ron is not doing anything but keeping him safe by showing him visions of the future it goes and saves the day, so to speak.

I liked your description of the eyes and the overall feeling of other-worldliness when the shade encountered it. To me and my head cannon it almost seemed like old voldie met one of H. Ancient Ones like Cthulhu or Bokrug or maybe even Tsathoggua,being black and formless. Then I tried to imagine what such an entity would be doing inside the head of Ron and just couldn't wrap my head around it.

The interesting part of this entire chapter was the line where the entity said that since voldie came to them then they could be free and the vessel had fulfilled his purpose. That makes me think that since the black ooze was leaving Rons wounds then the entity was trying to or even partially did leave Ron. Since old moldy severed his soul again maybe the entity's victory or freedom wasn't quite complete so who knows what will be in store for poor battered Ron.
I think the changes that your slowly showing in Malfoy are interesting, I don't think even a talented writer like you can make a believable redemption story out of him and NO that wasn't a challenge. I dislike all of those silly Dramionie fics with a passion, mostly because they paint Ron as some sort of low life abuser or cheater but that's a different topic.

I'm very happy Snape clued the other first years in on what's going on. That waay when it becomes an issue later on when old voldie gets a body back they can rightly say that they knew their course of action from the first year, all of them either chose to stay or go on their own with eyes wide open.

Ok the whole feat hall scene was text book misdirection and I loved it. I thought for sure you were going to stick to cannon and screw the slytherins out of all their hard work and deserved victory. The fact that Ron got them the win even though he wasn't there to see it will make him very well respected when he comes back for second year. I wouldn't be surprised if the handsome dark haired ally of his left him a gift or two as a little extra reward. I do like the fact that when dumbles awarded points the slytherins still came out on top and will remember his fairness and evenhanded approach vs the anti-slytherin biased he was known for. Very shrewd on his part for the upcoming battles ahead.

The possible budding romance between Theo and Tracy could be cute unless it's not real and theo's just playing her to protect her. I.E she's to a pureblood to offer some form of protection. If so while his heart maybe in the right place he should remember that James Potter was as pure a blood as they could have wanted and it did him no good. Nor the Prewitt clan or many many others either, ask Susan Bones or Neville Longbottom.

Could you please, please write a little something over how Albus explains THIS one to the weasley family. I mean first the sorting, next a Troll, then punching Malfoy and now finally the last 3 days of school he's fighting the spirit of their worst nightmare. I think Ginny will want to go to Beubotons or Drumstang it sounds safer than Ron's first year. Her and Luna will just gave to stick together I guess.

An excellent ending to Rons triumphant first year. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens in his second. Can we expect the return of Sirius? Pandora and the Lovegoods? I would imagine that if a student suffers from this much dark near fatal magic then the Ministry themselves may have a few questions which can get Amelia Bones involved or a pink toad menace. Oh and If you take requests could you please please please have Ron be the one that sends the lavender menace on his ass thinking he's an easy mark since he's only 12 and finding out how wrong he is.

As always I look forward to the next exciting chapter. I love where your taking this.
1/28/2019 c19 58Starway Man
Nice start with the feelings of relief that your school exams are over, you described that sort of thing well - along with Ron's mixed feelings of having become such a good liar! The somewhat lame "Hello" after revealing himself to the Gryffindor trio was offset by Hermione's scream of fright and subsequent punch, well done there. Neville's hostility and suspicion would have worked better for me if he and Ron had had more scenes together in this story, though. I liked Ron's sick feeling regarding the manipulation, though, and the way the quartet made their way through all of the Stone's protections...

Speaking of which, well done on how Ron choose to be the Black King instead of a knight with the chess game in this story, that was... symbolic in a nicely subtle sort of way - and I liked how he convinced Harry to destroy the Stone instead of recover it, that was the mark of a true Slytherin! With regards to the potion to pass through the fire, I was hoping that someone would be cynical enough to say, "Hang on, it's got to be the smallest bottle - Dumbledore wouldn't want more than one person to continue on any further, right?" before Hermione solved the logic puzzle, but alas - you didn't go there. Likewise, it was too bad about the minor time skip, but I assume Harry's encounter with Voldy went as per the book/movie...

The next part with Tom Riddle's mutilated soul possessing Ron - and creating a Horcrux within him - and that whole thing with the Entity - that was utterly brilliant! Completely riveting stuff, with more questions than answers being raised of what the heck is imprisoned inside Ron's head. And that throwaway comment about that being Tommy's *last* Horcrux - does that mean that Nagini will be spared that fate, now? Plus you gave us a nice description of Ron's corpse resurrecting itself, and how Snape and the others reacted to that! Even if I have no idea how the Potions Master made it out of that chamber, past the Devil's Snare and Fluffy and to the hospital wing, carrying Ron's thrashing body all the while...

Anyway, the subsequent conversation between the teachers was covered fairly well, and the most in-character thing Snape and Dumbledore did was agree that "the truth will cause us more harm than good", nice choice of phrase there. And the next part, where all the Slytherin firsties confronted Draco and then Snape - well, there goes canon, everyone knows Voldy is still around and has attacked people now! Well done on surprising me with Snape's behavior, even if I wasn't surprised that later on Ron managed to give Slytherin the win for the year...still, I can't help thinking that Dumbledore should have given the quartet a Special Award for Services to the school instead of House points, all that wasn't normal school activities after all! Looking forward to what you come up with next soon.
1/28/2019 c18 randver
My my my it's amazing what truths are revealed during an honest conversation.

I do love how Blaise and Theo think of Ron as some sort of super wizard now because it makes things so much easier to fake them out later on if it should be needed. Animals in nature establish dominance early on so that there is no question of leadership it seems to me that such a pattern has now been established amoungst those three now.

The girls were cute. The way they and his brothers kept his spirits up when he was at his absolute lowest was wonderful. The way you have been writing Fred lately makes me think the dumb git might have actually frown up himself a little bit, I sure George knocked some sense into his twin but still it's nice to see that he didn't kick Ron when he was down or gloat about the house cup.

The reaction of the Trio was predictable. Gryffindors are always up to help a friend and charge into danger no matter what so I'm glad Ron was able to give Hermione the clue she needed to prevent such a disaster.

The forest scene was very interesting. I loved the way Rons most powerful go to spell was deflected out of hand with barley a thought. It goes to show beyond a shadow of a doubt my theory that as a wizard ages his power continues to grow. Since Voldy is younger than Albus he knows he's less powerful no matter what rituals and other power bumps he may have used, nothing makes up for raw experience and time. Kind of like artificially aging wine vs allowing it to age naturally, the difference in quality is unmistakable.

I do wonder if Ron might decide to make a effort to try and befriend the centaurs or at least Firenze. The centaurs of Greek legend and myth were the teachers of Man and the best of friends to great heroes. Maybe Firenze sees a young hero in Ron and decide to help him, after all he already saw his bravery, skill and most importantly his heart. Ron refused to leave a fallen helpless individual in the face of certain danger and if THAT isn't a perfect example of the real Ron I don't know what is.

All in all a very good chapter. Just out of curiosity, was the cloak Daphne gave Ron amongst the items destroyed? I know you said that all his things were destroyed but maybe the cloak was hanging up elsewhere? Oh and Ron really should tell his friends the truth about Malfoy. It was his goons and not him, granted he control his goons but still no one should be blamed for a crime they didn't commit.

As always looking forward to the next chapter.
1/28/2019 c18 Niel2804
this is so cool, keep writing, i'll be waiting
5,178 « Prev Page 1 .. 331 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 .. Last Next »