FanFiction.Net
for Fate

9/16 c146 58Starway Man
I liked the Champion's encounter with the Sages, just as I did when he finally realized he had a piece of Voldemort's soul with him - and you actually surprised me when the Weasley boy managed to slay one of the horned serpents with the Killing Curse, well done there. Snape and Dumbledore coming to finish the job after Ron was taken away was described well, the pacing of the plot was swift but unhurried...and then, the death of Octavia! The dryad's passing was described in an emotional and poignant manner, that was excellent writing. And you surprised me yet again, with those two having to destroy the Sacred Tree instead of saving it, good job there.

The funeral for Octavia was okay, and I liked the identification of the wand that poisoned the Sacred Tree as belonging to Isolt Sayre, the founder of Ilvermorny - and that it belonged to Salazar Slytherin before her. I must admit, I was impressed by the amount of research you must have done in writing this chapter! And then, the dream encounter between Fate!Ron and Ravenclaw!Ron...hmm, how you managed to make the Champion sound and act so deranged and yet still be himself, I'll never know! I mean, pissing on the captured Entity? And deciding to use Fate as his chess queen piece, while the Entity was being tortured? Intense doesn't even begin to cover it...

The chat between Albus, Severus and the Champion at the safehouse - the one where the redhead identified Salazar's wand and admitted to them that he was a Horcrux, and that he needed to die along with Harry - was handled brilliantly, and I liked the mention of Dumbledore's look of horror at the end of that scene. I also liked when the Champion also admitted the truth to the Headmaster of Ilvermorny, telling him that Voldemort was still alive and there was also the possibility of creating a new Sacred Tree - you used the themes of redemption and new beginnings well in this section of the text. The finale with Mafalda Prewett finding her distant Weasley cousin was a good way to end the chapter, something light-hearted to end a chapter filled with loss and drama - hope you update again soon!
9/16 c146 Freedom41
This chapter was a rollercoaster of emotions for me...really hoped Octivia would live.
9/16 c146 Foster-the-Wizards
Awesome sweet holt mary mother of revenge albus!
What a kickass chaoter. The whole arc has been insanely awesome
9/16 c146 sandipaher619
Beautiful chapter
9/16 c146 7Phlebiac
What a bitter ending for this arc, with both the tree and Octavia dead, and the key players knowing that both Ron and Harry are Horcrux. And now the trio had the wand of salazar in their power...

Man what a great chapter.
9/16 c146 MeYouNThem
Ron's emotions changed at the speed of light cause me a whiplash. One moment he planned to be wise like Dumbledore then he changed into Voldemort's rage, lol I can't keep up. The kid here, I don't know why but I really don't like Mafalda the moment she appeared. Well, good chapter as always keep up the good work.
9/16 c146 7Avatar Vader
Holy god what a chapter. Rip Octavia.

I love seeing OP Dumbledore, no doubt that’ll be a topic of conversation in the discord.

Omfg we finally see Mafalda and she is everything i hope for! I cant wait to see her interact with literally everyone!
9/14 c145 little-lazuli
Another thing, I look forward to the rest of the Weasley fam meeting Marty. Marty is such a cute character.
9/13 c87 LK Again
In the books , there were two Hogsmead Weekends : one on October 31st and one in December before Christmas Holidays . It was the Christmas one that had the snow , and the snowy one shown in the third film .

Despite many fictional portrayals , Scotland very rarely gets settling snow before the end of November . It just doesn't often get that cold .
9/12 c87 London Knight
Mistakes:

Not only is 6th November the Saturday , but it Rained in northern Scotland rather than snowed that day . It was freezing overnight .
The 7th was the Sunday .
9/10 c145 little-lazuli
AHHHHHHHHHHH (insert hundreds of crying emojis) finally caught up to the most recent chapter and oh my I cannot stop crying about Ron’s perfect world and his last convo with cedrella. I really hope this was the reality check he needed to bring his humanity back and to challenge fate’s hold on his destiny. Such a beautiful work of art you have so far, I just know that whatever is to come will be just absolutely marvelous and I look forward to it completely
9/9 c85 London Knight
The 'my boy' phrase is getting old very quickly . Only Slughorn used it canon , and yet so many fan fics have Dumbledore saying constantly ?
Why ? It's just a lazy catchphrase .

Plus Snape would NEVER say it , not to Ron or even - his not godson - Draco .

It's not in every day British speech - can't recall anyone using it in 40 years outside Dickensian films or TV series (Bleak House ?) .

Try & uses something else perhaps .

Also reusing too many first names : Cornelius , James , Mark etc , as it gets confusing . JK gave us a whole range of wonderful names so at least try to be original .
Names do repeat - SIX Lisas in my Primary School class of 30 pupils - but on the page/screen we often need mental cues to keep these characters in separate memory slots .
Two hundred plus named characters in Lord of the Rings & this is much longer ...
9/8 c135 little-lazuli
I wanted to wait until I caught up before I reviewed but I’m too out of it right now. Ron got me so sad and having him not be able to unleash his anger out on johan (who by the way in despise his existence for what he put Ron through) like damn I just want a happy ron moment for him. Granted I’m not caught up yet so hopefully there’s some smiles on Ron’s face soon but I just have to say: this is probably the best and most beautiful, unique and emotive fanfic I have ever met. Absolutely spectacular story you have so far, looking forward to more
9/6 c91 3oceanicsunrise20
wow that chapter was intense! absolutely amazing work once again, can't wait to read more!
9/4 c80 LK Again
And the Marvel references continue !

Stormbringer : X-Men's Storm's hammer given to her by Loki ... it didn't go well ... ( also known as StormCASTER ) .

And

Leir Lord of Lighting : Celtic God of Lighting & God of the Spear ... helped the Asgardians defeat Seth and Sultur in Thor Vol. 1 #400 .

( I am such a nerd when it comes to comics )
4,720 « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »