FanFiction.Net
for New Endings

5/24 c17 Southerncross1
A very well written story and one that has its feet firmly grounded in reality. The abuse you describe would be familiar to many people, sadly. I found myself unable to stop reading as I needed to know what would happen next and I was almost expecting something worse. Although what is really worse than ending the career of a talented first responder and devastating his life? And, while I found the ending to be a little abrupt, it seemed entirely appropriate for Johnny to be working with horses rather than the more “ideal” ending of him partnering with Roy in the teaching role. The department failed him so it is understandable he would be reluctant to work for it any longer. As for Carlyle, it seems that being drunk or on drugs excuses behaviour in too many cases. His type just go on to hate and believe that others are the cause of all their problems rather than themselves.

Thanks for writing this. I enjoyed reading it, even if it is somewhat sad. I cheered when Barbara “went into bat”. It reminded me of Mrs. Weasley taking on Belatrix in the last Harry Potter book. You go, girl!
7/2/2021 c17 Tammy McKinnon-I
Great Story! Just sorry that Johnny had a career-ending injury thanks to that Bastard J. C. Carlisle and his cronies! Glad that Babs was there to help and defend Johnny!
7/1/2021 c2 Tammy McKinnon-I
So far J. C. Carlisle is prejudiced jerk! He doesn't like Johnny and thinks he doesn't know his stuff because he's half American Indian and he doesn't like Marco, because he's Mexican, and I have a feeling that he doesn't like Dr. Morton because he's Black.
8/6/2019 c17 25OrangeWolf4
This was a really nice story and I am glad you kept it up
7/20/2019 c17 28Dabbled-at-Euchre
Interesting Story-Turned out less then subtle who the good guys and bad guys were.
I agree with the last review. Johnny could be used in a paramedic teaching post, since that was set up.
6/30/2019 c17 JD2747
Good story, but would have loved to see the department realize Johns abilities and have him teach with Roy. To me that would have been a good ending.
6/26/2019 c17 m
I was sort of hoping for one of John's miraculous for lack of a better word, "cures." If for no other reason that dirt bag would not win. He managed to end John's career with the LAcoFD he is most likely happy about that. and most likely won't even get his hand spanked because he was drunk. He just did not manage to put an end to John. That is in itself is good news. John is still standing. Hope E.J. does not mind me borrowing a line from one of his songs. :) Although others paid a hefty price for letting that creep get hired in the first place.
6/11/2019 c17 Guest
You are, by far, one of the best writers for, " Emergency"! You beautifully, and quite accurately capture the brotherly/best friend bond between Johnny, and Roy, as well as capturing the personalities of all of the other memorable characters whom interacted with these commendable firefighters. Many thanks for sharing your gift!
6/7/2019 c17 TheNaggingCube
A very reasonable and real ending. I had thought perhaps that John might end up teaching with Roy since the other guy wasn't really doing the job.

Sadly, the punishment of Carlye is also spot on realistic. Even now decades later it would be the same.

Sad isn't it. Well done story.
6/7/2019 c17 Marbo
I'm not sure that I was ready for this story to end either. I had kind of hoped that we'd get to see Carlyle get taken down to a jail sentence. And a few of the other involved LACoFD people too. Well, at least we know what might happen to Carlyle and what did happen to some of the other folks.
And unfortunately, this is pretty true to life it seems. The big loser always seems to be the person who was hurt/injured/wronged in the first place. The perps almost always seem to get off light. It's not fair, but, it is what it is.
Thanks for writing this story. Nicely done!
6/7/2019 c17 Guest
Actually would have been nice to see Johnny working with Roy in the Paramedic Education in some way after his injury precluded him from working as a firefighter / paramedic, but I understand that you as the author have to write as you see fit. The only thing I would have liked to see was maybe some more written about Carlyle's punishment. Thank you for taking the time to write this story.
6/7/2019 c16 SandyJump
where is chapter 17? mine only goes to ch 16. u should do a sequel
6/6/2019 c17 Rosemoor
I was not ready for your story to end. I had thought that you might go into a little bit of what Johnny experienced during the time between chapter 16 and 17. I was not surprised by your ending, but thought Carlyle at least should spend some time in jail. Thoroughly enjoyed your story. Hope you do more in the future.
6/6/2019 c17 2Var Devonshire
Bittersweet ending but not surprised. Sad how good people can be so messed up by bad people who, more or less, get away with it. I knew from both the title and the previous chapter that Johnny was not coming back, not this time. While I'm disappointed he couldn't, I do understand the reality that is portrayed. The hate and cruelty he suffered is a reflection of today's world. That being said, I'm glad he's still determined not to let the negative bring him down. That is a very positive note and lesson we can all be reminded of.

Very well done!
6/6/2019 c17 Sharon
I really like this story. It really makes you think what happens to others and people that use prejudice towards others. Thank you for writing it.
178 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »