for The Risks We Take

6/15/2019 c5 6Shian1998
Another great chapter! Enjoyed the moment when Hopper was teaching El how to cook. Felt bad for her when she thought she was going to be in trouble. Loved how Hopper tried to understand what she was afraid of in that moment, and glad he reassured her that he wouldn't hurt her like that.
6/12/2019 c4 1diapason
Oh man, I could just imagine poor Eleven panicking if Hopper had gotten home before she’d finished the puzzle! And how bewildered he’d have been, having to explain that it’s supposed to be for fun.
Love your take on their relationship, and sweet Mike’s role in her coming to trust him.
6/12/2019 c1 diapason
ahhh i love them SO MUCH. this is wonderful!
5/23/2019 c4 6Shian1998
Great Stranger Things story! Enjoyed the way you explored this particular time period. Can easily see them being this way, with him trying to help but not really knowing what he's doing, and her trying to figure out if he can be trusted. Feel really bad for the both of them.
3/26/2019 c4 my-secret-garden
I am sobbing, I am sobbing so hard right now! They all are so pure hearted, want them all to be just happy! They deserve it!
Thank you for always finding time to write your wonderful stories down.
3/26/2019 c3 my-secret-garden
Okay, how did I never notice how El is only wearing boy-clothes because Hopper couldn’t risk buying her girl clothes. Amazing chapter. And it’s just so heartbreakingly beautiful how El s measurement for everything good is Mike. (please s3, don’t mess up Mike!)
3/26/2019 c2 my-secret-garden
While I do hope the book they will bring out soon is good, I also kinda have the feeling like it won be a match to your writing.
3/26/2019 c1 my-secret-garden
Oh my goodness did I miss your writing! I am crying right now, this was so wonderful, such a wonderful chapter! Once again I can see you are able to fill in the missing parts perfectly, I mean, not one single word here was out of place! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
P.S. Hopper has definitely a Jean Valjean kid of feel to him, idk him caring for El is like Valjean caring for Cosette.
2/9/2019 c4 tabitoo
Very good... I can't wait for more.
2/8/2019 c4 18darthstormer
Wow, there is just so much heart in this. That was such a gut-punch when Mike encourages her to reach out to Hopper, and that he would let Mike know she was alright.
Really loving this!
2/7/2019 c3 darthstormer
Love the backstory you've given to the cabin and heartbreaking once again as Hopper questions his own motives and whether he can even save her.
2/7/2019 c3 Tabitoo
Love your story and can't wait for more.
2/4/2019 c2 darthstormer
Wow, another powerful chapter. Heartbreaking but absolutely believable how much she assumes everything is just another test and still not fully trusting Hopper's intentions. Crushing to get in her head and realize even the jigsaw puzzle he gave her to have something fun to do, she thought was a test she might be punished for. And I love that even in the beginning she's testing the waters by undoing the locks; makes you wonder how many times she tried that in frustration before finally leaving in S2.
1/31/2019 c2 Powdered Toast
I’m loving this so far and eager for more, thank you so much for sharing your talents for all the hungry ST fans. After reading so many ST fictions, it really is a pleasure when I read one written with as much thought, intelligence and love for the show and its characters as your story clearly holds, not to mention your outstanding writing skills. "Mileven" notwithstanding (which I do enjoy as one of the central themes of the show), the subtlety with which you represent the importance of Mike and El's relationship to the show and to each other by simply voicing Eleven's priorities and fears (Mike; survival; Bad Men and Papa; fear and distrust of everyone and everything short of Mike) throughout the narrative was refreshing as opposed to the over abundance of “fluff” (Not always a bad thing) that derail many fics from being more faithful to the spirit of the show. Lastly, you nailed Hopper’s character, which I believe is the most complex on the show, and not easy to get him right on the page. Sorry, like Mike, I suffer from a bit of word vomit.
1/18/2019 c1 tank03
I've always been slightly surprised by the general lack of fanfic stories that cover this crucial period of the ST timeline, so I am very grateful to read your take. I have so many questions about the time she was alone in the woods; how did she make fire and learn to gut and skin a squirrel? Did she venture back into town?
Did she spy on Mike and the others? What plans was she considering? I really think it's a ripe period for story explorations.

Couple things that you touched on that I really appreciate - the recognition on El's part that going with Hopper could lead her back to the lab. When you really stop to think about why she revealed herself you have to recognize that she was probably sufficiently desperate enough that she was willing to risk capture, and I think that's heartbreaking. I also wonder if she realized he was the one that sold them out. I also like the tentative nature of this El, almost like when Mike found her. Of course, the sap that I am loved that when told there was a safe place awaiting her, her first thought was Mike.

This was great and I enjoyed reading it. I've always been curious how Hopper coaxed El out and managed to get her bathed, fed, and clothed, as well as willing to go with his plan. Your take seems reasonable enough that I could see this as a missing episode of ST. I'm hopeful you will explore this period further by gracing us with more chapters.

Thanks for sharing.