for The Shield's Dragon

12/28/2021 c11 150Quatermass
You know, it's largely on the strength of this fic that I've given the "Yakuza" games, or rather, the first one, a go. And I have to say, it's not a bad game. So thanks for pointing me in the general direction of them.

Just one question: will we be seeing any deceased characters from the first game making an appearance? Particularly those dear or formerly dear to Kiryu? I mean, we have Goro making an appearance with the Queen (and whatever deities exist have mercy on her for having someone like him around her), but there's that mysterious uncle of Elena Haven. So, what's the go?
12/9/2021 c11 Turtle dude32
Great story so far, but the thing that's on my mind is about Nugget? I don't understand how he was able to become a filolial king just from joining Naofumi's party. The vassal weapons have the same effect as cardinal weapons when they raise a monster. (take Takt's monsters for example) And if I remember correctly, the Vassal (or seven star) gauntlets were in another country, as the weapon hadn't found a wielder yet.
11/25/2021 c11 Swanboy
Hey, didn't notice it before but on re-reading felt the need to point out, Heroe's don't have level caps.
Neither holy or vassal/seven-stars
11/22/2021 c6 Guest
Man, Motoyasu ain't got shit on Lau Ka Long!
11/3/2021 c1 romeoaifesili
I bet malty wil remind kiryu so much of tsueno iwami, due to how similar they are. Both grew up wealthy with their fathers being leaders (king of Melromarcchairman of the Yomei alliance). Both are power hungry and wanted more than they got and wanted their parents positions and didn’t care how many people they’d use, betray and kill till they got it, including their own family. Malty was lucky she was born female, since kiryu doesn’t hit women, otherwise he’d caved her face in five minutes after meeting her.
10/27/2021 c2 Guy who love reaing ff
I like this
10/17/2021 c6 Guest
KIRYUUU CHAAAAAN
10/8/2021 c11 vulcunniko
Please don't let this die again! I really wanna see more!

P.S. To the guest below Kiryu can teach anything to Naofumi all he wants, but in the end he will still deal no damage whatsoever because he's the Shield Hero.
10/2/2021 c11 Guest
For something have kiryu teach naofumi some hand to hand combat maybe even the komaki style and anything else his picked up just imagine naofumi Tiger dropping the spear hero
9/28/2021 c6 4darkdrako12
Lol even in another world Kiryu can’t escape Majima
9/13/2021 c6 MrTea
Here's a suggestion that's probably dumb, but I'm going to make it anyway: what if Jo Amon shows up? I mean, he did do so in Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, so it'd wouldn't be too out of place. Plus, he and the rest of the Amon Clan made use of some kind of absurd wizardry, so maybe he could have modern weapons should he appear.

Other than that, great fic! Hope to see more from you.
9/10/2021 c11 1Arkisenn
Glad to see an update from you! With this chapter, you've renewed my interest in the Shield Hero series. This chapter honestly makes me look forward to the Fitoria arc. I can see Filo and Nugget fighting against one another in an attempt to beat the dragon solo, only for both to fail. Which is why I want to see them both fight Fitoria. While this was canonically a Filo moment, you can easily adapt it to include Nugget. Furthermore, seeing Fitoria force Filo and Nugget to work together and solve their differences to defeat her would further develop both their characters and their relationship towards one another.

That whole storyline was about getting Filo to grow up and understand just how important she is to the Cardinal Hero. Making Filo and Nugget both grow under the same set of circumstances wouldn't be a difficult concept to incorporate.
9/9/2021 c11 3Apex Primus
I haven't actually watched Rising of the Shield Hero, but this feels like a great introduction to the world. God, I love the writing for Kiryu, as honorable and loyal as ever.
Can't wait for Majima to show up and I cannot wait for our mysterious other weaponless hero (guessing it's a certain kyodai) to show up as well. Crossing fingers a certain golden dragon also makes an appearance.
9/1/2021 c11 JAKEkenstein
There are two things i can't wait for one when kiryu does that badass shirt throw and we get to see his Dragon tattoo.
And two when the sword bow and spear hero's find out that kiryu was part of the Yakuza.
Can't wait for the next chapter of this amazing story;)
8/26/2021 c11 2ThatGoodWriter
Great chapter bro! Keep up the good work!
535 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »