for Harry Potter, Self-Insert

9m c24 wolf550e
I loved the reference to acapellascience the first time you made it. Alan Turing used teddy bear debugging, so rubber ducky debugging is not a recent invention. As a software guy who has been following spacex since ~2010, I love all your references. space stack exchange calculated the Isp of steam and the mass of the steam rocket capable of LEO, LOL. A 1KN engine isn't an upgrade from the SSME - it won't reach orbit with it. It is a great upgrade to the shuttle's OMS though. If you use magic to shield the orbiter from debris falling from the ET to fix the side-mount issue, use magic instead of fuel cells for power and life support, use magic to store provisions (oxygen, CO2 scrubber, water, food, clothes, etc.), and this infinite-fuel, free energy engine, the shuttle becomes a useful spaceship. space expansion on the mid-deck would also be nice.
2h c24 scyfly
huh, its been a while, good to see you ars still writing.

im not too fond of you plugging all the loopholes, yes its pokes fun at those fix-it stories but imo there are simply far to many oppertunities to make use of and when the expert on muggles asks what the use of plugs and rubber ducks are... well that doesnt instill confidence they know all these ways.

besides if i were in this world i'd simply stop seeing any coinage as valid except things like gold. that way you can exchange them either for galleons or any other kind of muggle cash at will.

your magic system works pretty well with science, will you do anything with this or is it purely academic? perhaps you could later turn this into a scifi crossover. sg1mass effecthalo, or go the other route and throw him into azaroth for example though that would make the science useless again.
2h c24 frankieu
nice chapter thx for writing it good to see this story still being active
fun to see them scramble to hide the dangerous stuff in spells dont want voldy to learn stuff
8h c9 spiderfanboi
harry pulling out the bezoar from his pocket is amazing
8h c3 Gnormann
Way too convenient. The SI has no agency since the plot mysteriously fixes everything for him. Complete lack of drama and flat characters just make this not interesting
9h c24 2HpFaN2o0r
this is going to end badly. i can feel it.
1/24 c22 himejieats
This story got me out of my reading slump, pleaseeeee I hope you see this and maybe if you like write an update. I really like your approach for this Harry Potter isekai. It's so cooool, well I think it is. Thanksss. I hope you still remember that you wrote this before. Thanks again
12/10/2021 c7 worom001
The issue with wandless magic, is that everyone in Magical Britain seems to think it is virtually impossible and that it is incredibly difficult for even the most advanced wizards. And yet despite this, lore wise theres a literal magic school in africa called Uagadou and Native Americans who excel at wandless magic at young ages. African wizards even excel at transfiguration and self-transfiguration (according to the hp wiki) which is technically seen as the most difficult branch to do without a wand to focus your magic in. Apparently the restricted section has a book on wandless magic. Why it would be in the restricted section of all things, is beyond me. Perhaps channeling magic through your limbs rather than a wand could cause severe damage if the spell backfires? Who knows. But you don't actually need a lot of 'power' to use wandless magic, just experience. The only thing Wands do is to work as a focus and external controller (think of it as electricity and ciruit boards, you could just lower the voltage manually, but the wand does it automatically depending on the spell like you could with a circuit board with resistors and capacitors) as well as amplify the actual potency of a spell (similar to how you can amplify a signal or voltage). With wandless magic, I assume you have to consciously and manually be aware of the amount of 'magic' you're channeling through your body, and this would also - i assume - mean that you have to be able to feel the magic in your body which you don't mean using wands.
11/19/2021 c23 creekinny
Legal
9/29/2021 c22 yochan123
Lmao I will not steal a nuclear warhead

Cough cough it would be verrrrry effective

Anyways I adore this story. Plz plz continue!’m
9/29/2021 c20 yochan123
Shiiiiit it was a good place tho lol

My name is Harry Potter! You killed my parents! Prepare to die! OBLIVIATE!"
Great line
9/29/2021 c19 yochan123
Lmao dumbledore reconsidering hiring Lockhart now eh
9/29/2021 c17 yochan123
Xraying the stone is great. That chess software beating the chess set - brilliant!

And seriously dumbledore your safety mechanisms absolutely suck. It’s like throwing away flamel’s life
9/29/2021 c16 yochan123
Yesss brilliant plan for political maneuvering

Operation Gandhi."

"Are you serious, Potter? You think you can peacefully protest the Dark Lord?"

"No, it's exactly the same as Celestial Canidae, except that we use the current political chaos in Soviet Russia to pilfer a small nuclear bomb, and use that."

LMAO LOVE THIS. Hahahaha yes I vote for this plan wholeheartedly
9/29/2021 c15 yochan123
a group of schoolkids shouldn't really have to fight a bloody war. So I changed my plan to where I and Dumbledore will do most of the dirty work.

See this is the best plan. Again I applaud your genius cuz I would never ever want the plot to unfold like the books where basically a single slip death

Loooove the troll part and dumbledore better get his ass working to kill voldy if he can’t bring himself to avada
294 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »