FanFiction.Net
for Playing The Monster

2/1 c30 Twilightrosalie
Please Please keep updating! I love this fic, and I can't find any more like it.
11/28/2021 c30 Kyra
Omg! Absolutely cannot wait for more! Please update soon! This is so awesome!
4/13/2021 c25 Charlotte33
Wow ,love your story .hope you keep updating. Read 25 chapters in 2 hours .
3/27/2021 c25 zazanga
omg this update inspired me to reread the whole fic and im even more enamored by it than last time. It's late so I'm not sure how coherent this will be but I just wanted to let you know how cool I thought this story is, and how much I love the way you write it. The single short story class I've ever taken talked a lot about "showing vs telling," and I feel like this does that in a perfect way. The fact that so much is implied and still mysterious keeps me on the edge of my seat the whole time I'm reading it.

Just thinking about how much more material there is in the books, regardless of how much you deviate, is so exciting. I definitely remember finding this because I was interested in any Finnick stories but this version of Katniss and her relationships with other characters really steals the show. Finnick and his is so sweet and well done too though, just like his interactions with Katniss and Annie. I like how you've characterized their relationships a lot. Also, last note since this is rambling on a lot, love love love the original characters you've added to the fic. In some stories having them can be overbearing, but you've fleshed them out so well that I can't wait to see more of them. Your story is wonderful to read, good luck on any writing you work on in the future!
3/15/2020 c23 14SquiddlesScribbles
Another amazing chapter! I like the way you changed the way the game plays out from the original, it still has about the same chain of events but it doesn’t feel like rereading the plain ole Hunger Games again, so great job! And seriously, when Katniss fell from the tree I think my own heart dropped with her, I was so afraid she was going to get caught! ;
3/13/2020 c22 SquiddlesScribbles
I just gotta say: wow. I binge read this whole story last night, and I have to say your writing is literally unparalleled. It has such a unique style that I’ve never really seen in any other work before, and I can’t imagine that I ever will. Typically stories with OCs are off-putting, but the way you write yours makes them feel like they’re canon characters—so 3-dimensional and natural feeling. Not to mention how well you’ve captured Katniss’s personality, even in this setting she still feels like canon-Katniss! Just... overall this story has floored me, and I can’t wait to see where it goes.
4/9/2019 c19 Vamphorse
I am excited to read more. You are doing a great job with this concept.
3/26/2019 c19 6Dani3434
you haven't updated in sooo long! please! I need more chapters!
3/14/2019 c19 OMG
OMG i found this one on AO3 and then i thought lets go back to FF and look what i found more chapters! this is such a good story i cant wait to see where you take it next! OMG she's going to be in the GAMES! is Peeta going to fall for her? is she going to team up with Rue has she already chosen who she wants as a Victor this year!? and speaking of Victor how are the others going to react knowing that she is going to be in the games!? OMG thank you so much for this!
3/11/2019 c19 Dani3434
Woah! Plot twist!
3/9/2019 c18 Dani3434
wow. Katniss has a small obsession with game artifacts...
3/3/2019 c16 Dani3434
This is an awesome fanfic. I'd favorite it, too, but my WiFi is down, so I'll do that as soon as possible. Again: this is awesome. Never stop writing.
3/1/2019 c10 3CarlisleEnlow
CarterMulligan

Thank you! I almost didn't add that part in but I thought, 'That's how capitol citizens think, and Katniss has a sense of humor'.

I went back and ran through all my published chapters and you're right. I must have gotten lazy because after chapter three I basically said screw it and stopped indenting to the next line. I fixed everything I came across and re uploaded the chapters so it should all be fixed within the next half hour!

I hope you enjoy the rest of the story as it comes out!
3/1/2019 c10 17CarterMulligan
"this is mahogany." killed me! genius! i love this story ive been reading it nonstop. one thing i have noticed though is that there is an error in your dialogue that makes it hard to read. when a new person speaks youve gotta begin a new paragraph.

ex.
"hey," he says.
"oh hi," she says back. she waves.
"how are you?im fine i guess."

see what i mean? hope this was helpful!
2/21/2019 c7 3CarlisleEnlow
Mysterious - Thank you again, I was just reiterating that Katniss had turned 13 a couple months prior. the time passing was being mentioned throughout the last two or so chapters i just wasn't sure if everyone had caught on.
This whole chapter follows Gold. When I said that the story would jump between a few characters every now and then I was talking about down the road what the story has progressed more. I'll make sure to change the phrasing.
I actually changed the authors notes already but it hasn't taken effect yet and may not for up to 30 minutes. please let me know what else you notice from now on.
24 Page 1 2 Next »