for Hamartia

2/3 c1 Guest
Given how Hollow Ataraxia works, I think he's just joking.
But then again, I like your theory.
2/3 c1 Guest
I thought it was to hammer in the fact that even though he has a giant house to himself, he prefers to sleep in the shed with all the other broken tools and machines.
2/3 c1 Guest
This may just be me in tin foil mode, but what if his comments about capitalism is Kinoko Nasu alluding to Shirou having a greater sense of hypocrisy? Shirou lives in a large estate paid off by Yakuza, and he has equipment and pleasantries at his call. Yet he bashes a system that plays with potentially destructive, selfish human desire.
Like I said, tinfoil mode. I think Shirou is still making a jest as he relatively has no problem accepting human nature and condition, just trying to be the best he can be.
2/3 c1 Guest
The said maid, butler, and chef also has his own maid, butler, and chef.
2/3 c1 Guest
Though he is pretty much the maid, butler, and chef of said house.
2/3 c1 Guest
I don't think Shirou has the right against capitalism when he lives in a mansion all by himself
2/3 c1 Guest
Now we know why they call Archer the "red man"

/s
2/3 c1 Guest
I always thought Shirou's comment about capitalism was a joke in Fate/hollow ataraxia.

The conversation in question was talking about how Rin has a pool in her backyard. It went like this:

Rin: "But don't compare it to that. Mine is small. It's 15 meters long, at most."

Shirou: "It's not about size, Tohsaka. What I mean is a typical house wouldn't have something like a swimming pool, would it now?"
Damn those capitalists.
I wish they'd all slip on the side of their own pools.
11/24/2020 c1 Guest
What is that reviewer below even saying? Communist system? The heck you talkin about. Shirou wouldn't do that or want that(I think?). According to Fate/hollow ataraxia Shirou Emiya is a more Democratically-Socialist inclined.

And Shirou has a Sword origin and Element I doubt he can Mind control anyone. At best he could make them faint with a pulse of magical energy to the brain like Archer did to Rin in the UBW route.

If Archer(the most experienced Shirou Emiya to exist) couldn't just go around mind controlling people, then how can even post UBW Shirou who cribbed all his moves of his alt future self do it?

This chapter struck too true. Too true. One is only so powerful and what can we truly do in the end? That thinking is defeatist, but I mean even if we can't do anything as long as we are alive we should keep moving forward. Thanks man.

Btw Fiend you seen this? Nice fanart and stuff.

danbooru. donmai. us (Slash) posts (Slash) 2019041

danbooru. donmai. us (Slash) posts (Slash) 3038496

danbooru. donmai. us (Slash) posts (Slash) 2740108
3/25/2020 c1 Guest
If Shirou was a better mage, then he could have just mind controlled the despot and mind controlled any top officials. He could then puppet the nation from the shadows, and with his wit and intelligence push his Utopia agenda(Eternal world peace)with a perfect communist system. And since all the top officials are brainwashed no one can exploit the system with greed(what usually happens)and we know Shirou wouldn't exploit the system for himself either. BAM.

It's too bad then that when the Shirou Emiya who became Archer was alive even using reinforcement was difficult. No wonder he always had to make compromises. But if all Shirou Emiya's across all timelines were competent mages, then EMIYA probably wouldn't exist.
1/27/2020 c1 Greymane
What an apt Title.
Spiritual and tragic, a fitting genre.
The simple truth of this fic is a rather bitter pill to swallow in regards to real world events, no matter how short it might be.
It leaves one with a mixed, strained feeling, which also means you did precisely nail what you meant to draw with words alone.
Hamartia, huh. I'll need to remember that one.
I suppose this would also serve as the truth to him, on the vast limits of the aid he is able to provide, hmm, no wonder he grew self-deprecating.
6/27/2019 c1 2LukeSky001
Are you Nasu?
5/8/2019 c1 Guest
How long into his “journey” before he tried this? Is this the first time he killed someone not in a position to cause imminent harm? So many questions...
4/1/2019 c1 22Pallan Minerva
I see your inspiration took you somewhere that you needed to walk. It was a good walk, it seems.
3/4/2019 c1 Guest
Is this a full story or a one shot.
22 Page 1 2 Next »