FanFiction.Net
for Midnight Comfort

10/17/2021 c1 Lindsey
Awwwwwwwwww!

So here's something I find interesting: You've got Jack & Sally living together, but not "sleeping" together. (Thank you, btw, for not dragging everyone's brains through the gutter! Sincerely appreciated!) Though I'm not sure how common such an arrangement is in the real world among couples, I really appreciate the chastity you've infused into this unusual situation. (And I suppose you could make an argument that continuing to live with Dr. Finklestein might not be a viable option any longer the very millisecond any any man who cared about Sally's well-being found out about her home life at the observatory, since the Dr. is verbally abusive at best.) I'll admit I'm of a different opinion in general (regarding premarital cohabitation). In this couple's case in particular, I don't imagine a king would live with his lady-friend before marrying her: Even if the rest of their civilization saw no moral problems with shacking up, royalty would have higher standards of decorum to maintain.

But... what was her nightmare about? Is there a chapter 2 I'm not seeing? This makes me want to read more. :)
4/5/2019 c1 2CeeArrEss
This is amazing and I cannot wait to see more!
3/11/2019 c1 2Tripledent
Wow, that was some great descriptive writing! I figured Jack would stay even though he would have liked his sleep. So often Too-early a.m. for me is whenever I wake up, heh. Must have been a terrible nightmare, I don't know if Sally would even want to talk about it.
3/8/2019 c1 16Svinorita
This was a wonderful start, my friend! I am so proud of you for publishing your first story (and a mighty good one by the looks of this first chapter!) I loved the way you portrayed Jack's affection towards Sally and his caring (albeit somewhat awkward response to finding her in distress due to a nightmare. But hey! He's still a little wet behind the ears...um skull?... when it comes to this whole relationship thing after all, XD!)
I wonder what Sally's nightmare was about? Whatever it was, it seemed to have upset her terribly :( That was really sweet of her to apologize after unintentionally getting Jack's shirt wet from her tears when he was comforting her! She is such a sweetheart that way and it's one of the things I really admire about her character :D I also loved the reference you made to the black cat we see in the movie during "Sally's song" and the fact that it's become practically like a pet to her, yet at the same time, it's still like a semi-feral cat that trusts only Sally (and Jack to a certain point it seems!) Personally, I really like the idea of Sally having her own pet - just like Jack has Zero! I hope we'll get to see more of Sally's feline friend later in the story and I honestly can't wait to find out what happens next!
Excellent work so far, Hannah! You are on a roll, my friend :)
3/6/2019 c1 159CJS51703
Okay. Too sweet. I like it. :)