for Thors Officer School - ToCS1 Outside the Fairy Tale

1/14 c9 RyTheGuy
This is so good! Nice to see an amazing series getting some suitably amazing fanfiction!
1/9 c14 26tailedninja
Millium!
1/9 c14 7JohnJoestar17
Wow...this rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper and deeper. Zephyr disappearing without a trace, gnosis, and Millium's shady business. I wonder how they're connected. To me, it seems like Millium assassinated Joseph to cover up the truth behind the Hundred Days' War and framed Freising for it.
1/9 c14 DBH
Nice and subtle with Maya's introduction.

And everyone's favorite Phantom shows up to baffle the crowd.

A call back to the previous chapter that I forgot to comment on. One thing the game was perhaps too subtle with was Rean's self-loathing. It left many thinking him a generic yes-man running around helping everyone. You've shown us his inner thoughts and why he tries too hard to be on value to others.
1/9 c14 15Apex85
The mystery thickens and I am here for it.

Seeing Maya here so early was a surprise.

I am picturing them learning the truth of Hamel early at this rate. If not I take it you'll give that revelation its proper weight rather than CS3 where the Branch Campus all end up learning about it offscreen.

That description of the blue haired onr at the end seemed familiar but I can't quite place it...
1/9 c14 15Classic Mecraphone
Oof. Jusis, you asking for no more headaches when Millium is out and about is tempting fate to the nth degree.
12/7/2020 c13 Classic Mecraphone
Considering how adamant everyone is about Rean actually possessing any degree of self-esteem I can’t help but wonder about they would react to his ‘ogre’ side, at least in this version.
Probably be quite the surprise that the proverbial nice guy has a psychotic alter ego (sort of) that gets off on mindless slaughter. And Laura thought Fie being a Jaeger was bad.
12/7/2020 c13 7JohnJoestar17
Well...this course just got a lot more complicated. Reminds me a bit of chess, actually. The culprit makes a move, and Class VII make their own move to respond. As for the Prosecutor...the only people I can think of who can manipulate minds are Weissmann - and if canon is anything to go by he's been dead for two year - and Hexen Clan witches. As for the North American citizen trapped in the embassy, seems like they might be able to provide some sort of clue.
12/6/2020 c13 DBH
I love the depth and detail you're giving us on quartz and arts. It fills in the world nicely.
12/6/2020 c13 Kuman
Hmmmmm the case thickens. I'm liking this detective mystery even more. I think you wrote Rean well enough for the story even though I don't like his fear of his own power but that's mainly because its used as a plot device in the games
12/6/2020 c13 15Apex85
Loved the scene with Alisa giving her lecture. Felt her engineering skills weren't given enough emphasis in canon. Liberl has Tita and Renne, the SSS have Tita, only fair Class VII's Reinford shows off more of her expertise. Plus with her choice of weapon I can't get the picture of her being a more technological Green Arrow out of my head.

Love the investigation and political angles here. Canon should have gone better with that instead of delving into Shonen anime logic(Crow getting off easy, etc).

BTW how far along are you with CS4?
12/6/2020 c13 58DragonSilhouette
Idk what it is about your Machias POVs but theyre always so fun to read. Another great chapter :)
12/6/2020 c13 26tailedninja
Machias really shined in this chapter.
11/29/2020 c12 7JohnJoestar17
Well...this was a bombshell of a chapter. First Vita reveals herself, then it turns out the Reinford Group executed the Railway Cannon project in an extremely underhanded fashion (they didn't murder everyone involved, so I'll give them that), and THEN there's the incident at the Remiferian Embassy. Of course it would be the Liberlian exchange student digging up some juicy tidbits of information. As for Freising, right now I'm 50/50 split between her being actually responsible and she got framed.

p.s. I recognize the 2nd half of the two-stage launch mechanism. Reinford Group built bloody mass drivers.
11/29/2020 c11 JohnJoestar17
Wow...this chapter was quite the rollercoaster in terms of mood. You did a pretty good job portraying combat stress. I know they've had to deal rhinociders before, but things took a turn for the worse with the fatality from the Provincial Army. As for the mystery of the ostrich-rustlers, guess that'll be solved at some point in the future as part of a broader conspiracy. Speaking of which, I noticed Vita being namedropped for the first time in this story. I'm sure that'll come into play eventually...
80 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »