for When the Shadows Fall

8/9 c10 MalSer
Excellent follow up story. Thanks for taking the time to write I for us to enjoy!
7/1/2019 c10 13Model Builder
Well done, Argonaut57! Very well done, indeed!

Normally, I feel a bit of sadness when your story ends, but the promise of a new story at the end mitigates that. I can't wait to see where you will be taking this!

At the risk of leaving a spoiler, all I can say to the two characters at the end is a hearty Mazel Tov!

Thanks again for writing this, and thanks in advance for its continuation!
6/30/2019 c10 22horacethepig
A moving end to the individual story, but not the saga. The chapter's main "guest stars" and the return of a couple of your AU versions of old friends were most welcome. I eagerly await the promised sequel.
6/24/2019 c9 13Model Builder
A very action-packed chapter, indeed! The visit to (and battle on) Earth was as easy to follow as it was fast-paced. And that shout-out to an old "human folk song?" All I can say is, "Magnifico!"

Thanks for a very entertaining start to a brand new week!
6/24/2019 c9 22horacethepig
Another action-packed chapter that still managed to find ample time for character-development, background information and the odd appearances from or references to (sometimes AU) characters from further franchises. No spoilers, but I loved the reference to an old Earth "folksong"...
6/9/2019 c8 horacethepig
Well, THAT was an action-packed chapter with all the usual Argonaut57 dry humour and references and appearances from other franchises. As usual, highly recommended.
6/8/2019 c8 13Model Builder
All I can safely say and NOT leave any spoilers is that I did not expect "them" to be name-checked in the middle, or him/her/it to show up at the very end.

"Go tell the Spartans," indeed. I think that they would like this story in particular, and this author in general.
5/29/2019 c7 11OMAC001
Looks like things are about to get more interesting!
5/29/2019 c7 13Model Builder
ET's dabbling in Nazi ideology? This won't end well. Of all the things earth people could export . . . .

I'm grateful for the information about the Nova Roma colony, and I'm hoping for more in future chapters.

Overall, this chapter was fun to read, and had just the right balance of action, humor, and intrigue. My only complaint is that I will have to wait patiently for what comes next.
5/29/2019 c7 22horacethepig
A dash of action, plenty of backstory for your characters borrowed and original and more than a touch of dry humour make this a rewarding chapter. It is also a nice reminder of how all civilisations can be prey for elitists. It seems as if all sides are ready for war...
5/18/2019 c6 13Model Builder
Overall, a very entertaining way to spend a rainy, Saturday Evening without having to turn on the TV. Without leaving any overt spoilers, that memorial scene was dignified and full of sincere emotion.

As usual, the writing was so vivid that I could see the action taking place inside my head. Moreover, I could actually SMELL the ". . . stale, musty and cold," air described in the Black Temple scene, as well as marvel along with Ivanova at the sight on the temple's interior dome. (Will we be going to the location described there, anytime soon . . . ?)
5/18/2019 c6 22horacethepig
Another fine mixture of emotional scenes, dry humour and well-choreographed action.
5/5/2019 c5 horacethepig
A rather bitter-sweet chapter, but with plenty of action and humour. There seems to be an almighty battle in the offing.
5/4/2019 c5 13Model Builder
Though I would have liked to see this battle play out visually, it was written so well that I could imagine it well enough in my mind's eye. As usual, the character interactions and dialogue were top-notch. Also as usual, you have left me, (and doubtlessly dozens if not hundreds of other readers) anxious for more!
4/25/2019 c4 22horacethepig
The intrigue grows to incredible levels in this chapter. Plots, counter-plots, shared agendas... The usual brilliant writing makes it not only reasonably easy to follow, but a joy to read. Bravo!
23 Page 1 2 Next »