for Unconventional Bedtime Story

5/31 c1 Drusilla Doll
Yes it's much, much better this way! Here Erik actually knows Christine would rather be with him (nice depiction of their electric chemistry btw). He comes out as much more level-headed and not as manipulative (of her at least), and so the wager is his way of doing things the 'right' way... I mean he's still the slightly twisted weirdo we love, but at least he's somewhat grown, all things considered.
4/6 c1 12ghostwritten2
I love how smart Gustave is, and how he relates to his mother and how Erik and Christine relate to each other.
8/10/2019 c1 11emeraldphan
I love how you told this story, with Gustave interrupting a familiar narrative with his own observations and perspectives. Of course the full version isn't really suitable for him to listen to, but it does raise the question of how much you can tell a young child about those events. And Erik has his own interpretation, as always!
4/5/2019 c1 27jennyfair
Honestly I never really thought about the aftermath of Gustave seeing Mr. Y's face, and it makes sense that he would want to know more about everything! I love the fix-it element of Erik and Christine actually talking about a possible future together, instead of her being in the dark and a prize to be won. Thanks for sharing!
3/31/2019 c1 39Riene
Good insert scene here. It certainly gives Mr Y the energy and confidence for his deal with Raoul in the saloon!
3/31/2019 c1 12Starwatcher2018
This is a really lovely story. ALW should have consulted with you before writing his story. (i-penna on tumblr)

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service