for Ambition of the Red Princess

16h c87 Datnoob
Hmm... I suppose that the 'stats-breaker' idea makes sense to an extent, but even IRL skill only makes up for so much, like it doesn't matter how good at Sumo you are, you're going to lose a sumo match to an elephant. It doesn't matter how skilled you are.

A stronger and faster person will require less skill to be you; that's why most modern martial arts have weight classes.

It also contradicts the idea of Naofumi's limited attack stat being a detriment. I know it addresses it primarily with speed (the difference between actual and stat speed), saying that Attack and Defense were more directly tied to performance. But, being good at fighting or having experience with fighting should enable someone to bash someone's skull in with a shield which should (in theory) increase their attack stat. Whereas I think you mentioned that it just dealt 0 or insignificant damage.

In the fight between the noble and Zellus', her stats should have enabled her to get back up and kinda curb stomp him.

That being said, I still greatly enjoyed the chapter and look forward to more!
8/13 c85 Takia5683
You know, I have a lot of mixed feelings about your fic
I've been a longtime reader, I don't remember what chapter I started at, but pretty early on (I think I offered to be a beta for the story back when that was available?)
I do like the whole political intrigue spin, I wouldn't go as far to say "it's a refreshing change of pace" because I'm definitely fond of more classic fantasy. I also like some of the new ideas you introduce to the setting, magical lore, new skills for the heroes. However, in that vein I take issues with Naofumi having a different strengthening method, as his canon strengthening methods feel far more inline with the concept of the legendary shield, and its dumb to write in a cop out mobile game (I recognize the game name though and I would wonder why you dislike poor writing if you've played it). I understand it's fanfiction and you have the freedom to take liberties, but it does take away from the concept a bit.
I will also say I agree with your concept of Filo, I never liked characters that existed solely to be annoying and cute.
All that said, it's grating your view of
well
my favorite story, I suppose
I'm keeping everything I've written non argumentative (mostly) as I simply don't have the energy to have a debate so I'll just touch on this lightly, it has it's weak points but so does every other piece of writing. idk, I feel as though you exaggerate the flaws and ignore most of the good points.
For a time I actually felt ashamed of my taste because of what you wrote, but that's personal and not really your fault.
I could go through the story and pick out everything I liked and didnt like but that sounds exhausting so I'll just leave it at that.
so yeah, good story but you would likely agree if someone had such a negative view of your favorite work and wrote a lot about that, you would likely take issue with that
8/12 c87 40lord Martiya
Good to see a bit more of what Biscas is planning. Though I didn't expect him to be closer to the more reasonable side.
For our heroes, a bit of trivia that could greatly irritate Itsuki: archers that used actual war bows were fearsome opponents in melee, as the strenght they needed to pull their powerful bows easily translated in devastating blows with blunt weapons, assuming they weren't also trained in other things (for most of their history samurai were heavily armored horse archers that could also fight in melee, to mention just one example)... But that takes years of training.
8/12 c86 lord Martiya
Seriously? Just a flick and Filo became so aggressive? Filorials are overly sensible...
8/12 c87 3RonaldM40196867
Pole dancing would be funny.

Witchcraft is overrated. I prefer sorcery.

Religion needs to be better represented in the Shield Hero anime. It's just insane cultists being shown in the anime.
8/12 c87 Dareth
...that bard made me hungry...Heroes getting training, information and explanations, that's great! Mein is still stuck thinking that every action of all the "players" of the "Great Game" have ulterior motives and none of them are genuine (then again, she might be right, what do I know about court politics...). After all, there's a good reason Fitoria has no faith in humanity, despite the many reasons they should have united with a common goal, and yet they haven't...
8/11 c87 Lily
Interesting take on the rpg system commonly found in isekai stories. Yep, reading those stories, watching the protag exploit the system and become super op either through sheer luck or just... plot juice, gets boring after a while.

I'm not sure if you're looking for recommendations, but have you ever heard of the Webtoon Survival of a Sword King in a Fantasy World? It's different from most isekai power fantasy stories, and I find it a breath of fresh air. The webtoon deconstructs many of the usual tropes found in a typical isekai story, including the rpg system, and has its own unique takes on it. World building is great too. I can't guarantee that you will like it, but I think it's worth a shot.
8/11 c87 Halo
Ok

I wonder how and what will the antagonists be like, such as the reincarnates, will they be similar to canon where they are evil and crazy loyal towards the bitch goddess?

Will Takt act differently? Will he be mentally challenging rather than challenging because of artificial numbers? (Like raising a game’s difficulty to hard, only changing their health and damage and nothing about their design in battle)

I imagine for him to be a challenge to these cardinals heroes he would be aware of how the stats affect the user and how he actually had to train himself like this fanfic theory has shown.

Would be an interesting twist where Kazuki (self proclaimed katana hero) managed to forcibly wield it similar to Canon Takt.
8/11 c87 1Argus456
A really informative chapter overall, even if parts are biased due to the perspective...Still, the highlight of the chapter for me is the absurdity of Maron passing out cookies at Zellus' joking around.

And the 3HC...yeah, a lot of bad eggs there. Almost makes me wonder if canon Balmus was actually a leader that got swept up by the church's own fanaticsm. Granted, we only saw things from Naofumi's perspective so no luck there.
8/8 c86 Datnoob
Wait... Did Shirou try to start a holy grail war in the previous wave of catastrophe?
8/8 c86 codywhite162
Another great chapter! Looking forward to the next one!
8/8 c86 2dragoon109
a finger flic to the head when firo acted out isn't abuse. unless you changed the scene since than.
8/8 c86 3RonaldM40196867
Tough love is an understatement. Filolials are such a handful.

It’s hard to tell a Filolials age.

Happy August!
8/8 c86 Dareth
Sooo...will it take Fitoria to finally beat some manners and restraint into Firo? Because it doesn't look like Naofumi is going to do anything...good chapter!
8/8 c86 Halo
It’s ok I figured you were too tired from that chapter.

I read the rising of the 4 heroes and I love the dynamic between the 4. Especially when Itsuki savagely kicked Ren down the water XD.

There’s another story where 4 heroes are united but it’s also a crossover,

It’s in Spacebattles called “Rise of the Four Heroes” it’s a crossover with SAO, written by readerdreamer5625. Ren is replaced by Eugeo fresh from season 3’s ending. It also has hilarious omakes.

Unfortunately it seems to be in hiatus.
1,643 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »