FanFiction.Net
for A Gamer In South Blue

8/6/2019 c8 Carrenho96
One of the best One Piece fanfic i've read so far, most of them are either too dark instead of fun, or too messiah-ish, were the MC controls the fate of everyone aroud him with their changes to cannon. Thanks for the read.
8/5/2019 c6 Carrenho96
With wisdom you could make it related with increasing the exp gain or skill lvls. Atributes only increase with lvl ups and rewards, so trainig skills is the third way for him to get stronger besides quests and fighting, making it easier to lvl them up would be a huge bonus.
8/4/2019 c8 Tunak23
No complains for the chapter Writer!
Only a little question:"Why did even the Cipher Pol agent introduced the Revolutionary agent to Jack?
Guessing he is a triple-agent or playing a really really long game, interesting nonetheless don't misunderstand me.

Overjoyed for having discovered your One Piece AU not many with quality around I am afraid and less even that try a journey far from the rubberman,so thanks for your effort and hope you can continue this story for a long time!
8/1/2019 c8 6Creature of Grimm
good fic so far, I am really enjoying reading it. I kind of want to see jack get a devil fruit, and if he dose to see what he gets, but other then that all good. I hope to see more chapters soon. :)
8/1/2019 c6 Creature of Grimm
good fic so far. if you are still stuck for WIS and INT Perks, maybe something in line with Haki? at least Observations Haki anyway. also depends on if you plan on him ever eating a Devil fruit. depending on what it is if you do you could do something with that.
8/1/2019 c8 Rc Jackson
hmm i just picked this up today and i gotta say its off to a strong start... i like it...added to alerts...
7/31/2019 c8 rhett.leonard.1
Just found this, love it. Not too OP and not too weak. Also I love when OC's don't just re-hash the plot of the MC's and go through the exact same story with 1 extra bad guy at each stop.
7/31/2019 c8 Undeniably Uzumaki
A very good story. Truly excellent work. As for what might make the mental stats more appealing, have you considered that Haki is based on willpower, and wisdom is often used in substitute for this. Just a thought.
7/29/2019 c8 Guest
Oh ****, it's the revs

personally, would've put most of the points into livk or dex (assuming dex has same affects as agi, but w/e)
7/30/2019 c8 Hello I am Username
A breath of fresh air like this story when talking about the Gamer trope is pretty rare and I have to say that I adore it. The little tweaks put into the actual mechanics of the Game and the exploration of a story far away from canon makes everything all the more interesting. I hope that you do take this chance to do some more world building and exploration; you’re too good at it for me to not want more. The various additions to the Game itself are also nicely done and I’d be intrigued in seeing more in that department. A Game is, after all, much more than just stats and skills. I don’t know if you plan on Jack aligning himself with the Strawhats or something similar but I sincerely hope not, my reasoning being that I think it’d be much more interesting for Jack to take up a role akin to if not as a Supernova during the early arcs and up to Sabaody Archipelago. I can very easily picture him standing alongside Law, Kidd and Luffy as one of the premier members of the Worst Generation, with each of their stories and exploits affecting the others indirectly. No matter what you do, I’m interested.

Onto Jack as a character. I can say that I do like his characterization quite a bit, despite the little bits of genericism. He’s got just the right balance of shrewd intelligence, dry humor and underlying craziness that I can say you’ve got quite a bit of potential for future character arcs and growth. I find myself enjoying that underlying craziness more than anything, primarily the rage and fear induced kind such as what he displayed during the end of his fights against Blackjack and Jorgen. As a sidenote, though I am in favor of the multiple lives feature I don’t know if it’ll take away from the primal life and death struggle you see in some of the fights in One Piece by giving Jack too much of a safety net. I can, however, see how you could also spin that around to the exact opposite conclusion; limited lives means limited chances and running out of chances is the scariest thing of all. I hope that you can do an exploration of Jack’s mind during battle at some point, especially as he lacks Gamer’s Mind and I feel like that’s just asking for something like the Strawhats’ fight against Aokiji or them trying to escape from Kizaru on Sabaody; the face of a fight you know you can’t win.

All in all, I’m hugely stoked for what the future of this story and hope to see more in the future.
7/28/2019 c8 Lirg123
So... No reward for a hard days work? Getting kicked out after being told that wait a week, time is money.
7/28/2019 c7 Lirg123
I say this is how you use gamer ability. Can't just magical get skill set.
7/27/2019 c8 KiwiMalabarista
I just read every chapter available now and, honestly, it's a fun ride. It's really a breath of fresh air to see Gamer stories NOT centered around the canon of their universe; it's way more fun to see it derail, change and innovate, and your decision to make MC not a part of the main story line (at least for now) makes it more interesting to explore the world and such.

Although, if I had to note something, would be that a little bit more of exploration and world building would be nice (maybe that's what you planned by using the Revolutionary Army, we'll see). Having MC interact with some canon side-characters from or factions could be a nice way to introduce MC to current time line, world events and having face him some events not displayed in OP (like civil wars and Revolutionary Army activities, Marine's battles against renowned pirates or revolutionaries or even the 2 yeard gap during the Time Skip, to see how the world changes and lives through major events through our MC's eyes).

All in all, a nice start for the story, keep it up! There aren't a lot of Gamer fanfincs that actually explore it more (like with your stats perks or mystery boxes) and instead just insert their OC or MC with stats and that's it, done. So in that regard, great work!
7/24/2019 c8 Guest
love it
7/24/2019 c8 Bear
Yo, I love this story man, hope you keep it up!
Hey is skill evolution a thing in this fic?
6,755 « Prev Page 1 .. 424 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 444 .. Last Next »