for Ante Up

11/28/2020 c1 secretwhovianpony
Ah, good ol' Dom. Sticking up for our lovely Kel any way he can.
7/31/2020 c1 2Malkin Nott
I can only say: this is so adorable. Kind of wishing for some installment wherein 1) the actual training happens 2) he unseats those who deserve it.
7/15/2020 c1 34Lela-of-Bast
I love everything about this story. Everyone was in-character, and you used a perfect mix of description and dialogue. Reading this took me back to 15 years ago, when it was the golden era for TP fics. I imagine Dom will pick up tilting quickly with the teachers he sought out. I’d love to read about how this turns out.
6/9/2020 c1 Fellow-Human9923
This is so cool! and I am really glad I'm not facing any of the lancers...

9/18/2019 c1 Jennifer
This was nice. It’s been a while since I’ve read a decent Tamora Pierce Fanfiction since I finished Fallen by ConfusedKnight. Everyone seemed in character, well mostly, Dom and Kel were a bit distant but that might just be because of their audience. Overall I enjoyed this flash-back of sorts to a different time of my life, where things were simpler. Thanks for sharing!
7/17/2019 c1 Goddes20
Fantastic More Soon Please
7/11/2019 c1 Guest
I love this. I want to see don learning to tilt. I bet Kels got some tricks to get it just right.
5/27/2019 c1 Megan Blodgett
Is there any way that you would consider continuing this story? I feel like it would make a good story and there is more you could do with it. Pleas!
4/21/2019 c1 Shiroi Majo
Perfect! Spot on in both characterization and a logical plot twist.
4/19/2019 c1 Sky
Wow, the flow of this story and the characters really fit in with Pierce's writing and the canon universe. Great job!
4/18/2019 c1 Guest
Heh. I'm picturing a future where Kel gets challenged and Dom is like, "Why not take on a student of hers instead?" and the conservatives all assume that Kel's student must be that female over there with the sword, but actually, that's Dom they're about to face in the lists and he might have learned tilting late, but he was a sergeant in the King's Own for a reason and his teachers were Kel and Alanna and Raoul and they're about to regret everything.
4/19/2019 c1 HPNU92
Kudos
4/19/2019 c1 misherukuro
Intriguing and great one shot.
4/18/2019 c1 2LittleAngel2292