for The One Before They Become Mondler

11/29/2020 c39 Claudia1998
Oh my god, this is soooo good! I love that sweet moments between them and I think I love the most pre-series chapters. You described their friendship so beautifully. I want more!
10/3/2020 c39 20Cynthia Salander
What a wonderful, wonderful chapter! The note was just brilliant and had me grinning the entire time I was reading that part. Chandler convincing Monica that the purple walls would work in a way similar to the "best bad massage" speech was a very nice touch. And the picture frame was the perfect addition at the end. This was a great chapter.

Took me a bit too long to get all caught up, but here I am, finally. Cannot wait to see what other wonderful, missed pre-mondler moment you're going to show us!
10/3/2020 c38 Cynthia Salander
The whole R&R relationship was so... 'public', right from the moment that they got together, till their break-ups and the eventual getting together. I can totally imagine how draining that can be on such a close group of friends, and especially on Monica, given that it's her brother and her best friend. Her disillusionment with love here makes so much sense. And Chandler being there to comfort and cheer her up after that was such a brilliant moment for you to come up with. I loved how he went back to that cigarette at the end, though. Something's just so poetic about that.
10/3/2020 c37 Cynthia Salander
I'm a huge fan of the 'fake boyfriend' trope. If you ever feel like you could expand on this chapter and turn it into a series, I'd *love* to read that! This chapter was perfect - their banter, the sexual tension, and poor Chandler's rightful frustration - everything was written very well! Loved it!
10/3/2020 c36 Cynthia Salander
It makes sense that they both would have fantasized about each other at some point during their friendship years, and it makes absolute sense for it to be after the 'seven seven seven' moment. And I chuckled at both their final thoughts/lines. This really was a very hot chapter!
10/3/2020 c35 Cynthia Salander
I really enjoyed this. C&M both going to their respective childhood homes but not feeling at home there. And then both of them realizing that home was this new place where they loved now, filled with love and frienship - aww... what a heartwarming chapter!
10/2/2020 c34 Cynthia Salander
This chapter is a thing of absolute beauty. Every single word that you've written here is perfect. The description of the hug and literally everything that goes on in Monica's head in the first half is sheer perfection. Such a heart-meltingly beautiful chapter 3
10/2/2020 c33 Cynthia Salander
Ooh, this was such a cool concept! I didn't expect *any* of those 'apparitions', but Aurora was a definite surprise. Brilliant analysis of pre-London Chandler, and an excellent filler/explanation scene for the Yemen excursion. I forgot that this was the episode in which Monica was fixated on the switch. The last line from her was the perfect touch for this chapter.
10/2/2020 c32 Cynthia Salander
Rachel being so disconcerted by the fact that Chandler is a good boyfriend is very in-character for her and precisely the reason why Randler would have crashed and burned. I hate her skepticism, but I love the way you wrote her. Using Kathy to make the girls realize that Chandler was indeed a great "boyfriend material" was perfect. Really great chapter.
10/2/2020 c31 Cynthia Salander
Their friendship spanned across several years, and they've always been there for each other, and again, it was nice to see all that from Ross's perspective.
The last part had some very nice lines that had me grinning. "Chandler has always been good at giving Monica what she needs. I'm sure he took care of her last night too!" Lol, poor Ross. If only he knew.
10/2/2020 c30 Cynthia Salander
30 chapters in, and you've still produced fresh content and perspectives. I'm really in awe! You must be very proud of this fic :)

Paula was such a fun character. It's always nice to read about C&M's interactions through the eyes of a third-party or one of the other friends. Even for us, the viewers, their chemistry is quite obvious even before they get together, so I can imagine it being even more evident to these ficticious people involved in their lives. Very fun chapter!
10/1/2020 c29 Cynthia Salander
Kathy definitely was the pivotal point in CB's maturation when it comes to relationships - a much-needed relationship experience for him to handle getting together with Monica. You've wonderfully written the entirety of pre-mondler relationship during the Kathy era.

In your last three London pieces, including this one, you've built the stories up right until the moment that they finally become C&M, and they have left me with an incredible yearning for some early S5 Mondler. This is a truly remarkable fic.
10/1/2020 c28 Cynthia Salander
For me, the "When we are 40" scene is the quintessence of pre-mondler, and I *love* that you expanded on that!
Ross's big brother rules are just so Ross (and I really enjoyed that this scene was between Ross and Chandler). And Chandler being so honest and sweet about his opinion of Monica was great too. Very sweet chapter :)
9/30/2020 c27 Cynthia Salander
What a fun chapter! The girls unintentionally comparing post-Janice and Kathy Chandlers is such a great concept, and I just love the idea that they both noticed what a good SO he was and could be. The dialogues, as per usual, are canon-worthy - funny and spot-on!
9/30/2020 c26 Cynthia Salander
As long as the characters are true to themselves, I really don't mind any geographical inaccuracies or divergences from canon timelines. I did live in London for a few years, and honestly, I didn't find anything that took me out of the story. Now, with that out of the way...
I *loved* this chapter. C&M being mistaken for a couple, Chandler grumpily going along with Monica's (and Margaret's) plans for the night, and just the whole pre-mondler friendhsip - they were all so lovely to read. And Chandler getting offended on being called 'cute' is one of my favorite headcanons, lol. Loved this chapter!
232 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »