for The One Before They Become Mondler

9/29/2020 c25 20Cynthia Salander
So much glorious angst! Monica must have been in such a dark place in London, just before the C&M hook-up - you are absolutely right there. This was a very powerful chapter and fabulously written!
9/29/2020 c24 Cynthia Salander
Jack is someone whom we don't often see in fanfics. Judy appears more frequently. I really liked your portrayal of him here - clueless yet aware at the same time. And his relationship with his 'Harmonica' was very heartwarming too.
The C&M scene, of course, was the sweetest part. And that last line was some wonderful foreshadowing.
9/27/2020 c23 Cynthia Salander
That most definitely was a very manipulative moment for Chandler and this is a much-needed addition to that scene. The end had me grinning because it reminded me of Phoebe's 'mazel tov!' from TOW Chandler Takes a Bath, lol. Perfectly written!
9/27/2020 c22 Cynthia Salander
Kip here is pretty much how I imagine he would have been if Friends had cared to elaborate his character/story. Chandler defending Monica and saying that she is not just 'some girl' were perfect.
The towel scene is one of my favorites, because Monica was so vulnerable at that moment, it would have been incredibly easy for any guy to have taken advantage of that, but Chandler doesn't. He's just there for her as a friends, and the thoughts going on in his head here make that scene even more beautiful and pure for me. So thank you for writing that. Great chapter!
9/11/2020 c21 Cynthia Salander
Aww, the poor, poor kids. You write their childhoods and the issues that their parents left them with so very well. I loved teenage Chandler's self-awareness, and Monica's part just made me sad - very well written. And the last part at the wedding was a much needed dose of fluff. Lovely chapter.
9/11/2020 c20 Cynthia Salander
Yes, I can totally imagine Monica being just comfortable in the Pete relationship and not really feeling much for him. And extending this particular pre-mondler scene (the whole episode is a goldmine) into this beautiful chapter was a stroke of genius. Chandler does border on annoying in the S3 finale, with the whole boyfriend material badgering. But I'm going to adopt your very sweet explanation here for his behavior as my headcanon.
9/11/2020 c19 Cynthia Salander
This chapter is a perfect example for how pre-Mondler could be just as lovely as Mondler. Just *so* wonderful. The slow and steady evolution of their friendship was brilliantly done. The June 21, 1991 part, especially, read like something straight out of a flashback episode. I'm loving this.
9/6/2020 c18 Cynthia Salander
This chapter was SO much fun, wow! And a very pleasant change of pace after the heart-wrenching previous chapter. All four parts were great, but the Rachel part had me literally giggling out loud. "Because her answer for, 'Where do you take a sick person' was 'disposal' instead of 'hospital'." Such a hilarious, hilarious chapter, and it's amazing to see them being so in sync with each other!
9/6/2020 c17 Cynthia Salander
You've done some wonderfully creative pieces in this series, and this chapter is, so far, the most ingenious one. Their pain here is so real and raw and makes me want to give them both a hug. An amazing what-if, too. Excellent chapter!
9/4/2020 c16 Cynthia Salander
C&M checking each other out is always wonderful to read, especially when it's pre-mondler :) When you're constantly surrounded by such super-attractive people, it is hard not to notice, even if those said people are your closest friends. The sexual tension here is astounding, and it's the perfect build up to London Mondler.
9/4/2020 c15 Cynthia Salander
Monica being jealous of the suddenly developing Rachel-Chandler bond is so realistic, and it's something that would definitely happen if Friends was not a sitcom. (Not that it matters, but I noticed that Monica has the same reaction to Randler that most Mondler fans have, haha).

And the way you made it clear that it's just 'friendship' jealousy (because she doesn't feel envious when he is with Kathy, only with Rachel) and not a romantic jealousy - I really liked that, and I was really glad you explained it so well, because otherwise it just sullies their whole friendship. Loved it.
9/4/2020 c14 Cynthia Salander
This is such a brilliant glimpse into Monica's head just before the London wedding! Her OCD, the momentary temptation to get back with old boyfriends (which makes perfect sense because they were all amicable break ups), just the general feeling of life ennui - everything is wonderfully written. And then Chandler comes in, and she immediately feels better, which is just - awww. Very nice chapter.
9/3/2020 c39 12CamilleCM
That is quite the origin story for the purple walls! It works, with it being Chandler's fault and playing on Monica's attention seeking tendencies to get her to agree. Love the meta tone too.
This chapter was really fun, I cracked up a few times during the note reading. Incredible.
8/26/2020 c13 20Cynthia Salander
"Nothing good ever comes from impulsive sex. Even if it is great sex." Ah, the irony :) Their interaction felt so in-character here, like something straight out of the show. Very sweet chapter.
8/26/2020 c12 Cynthia Salander
I think this is my most favorite one yet. I *loved* their friendship here. Them having been such great friends is what makes them such a brilliant couple when they finally do get together, and that comes out so wonderfully here. Such a great chapter!
232 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »