for Compliant

9/2 c1 ironhair
I didn't like this, but thank you for writing this and sharing anyway.
7/21 c1 Caver Floyd
Beautiful.
6/9 c1 Guest
Could have sworn I've read this before, but it's still good.
3/15 c1 Devil-May-Kare
I've been thinking for years that people should spend more time thinking about the information flows in conversation. If you're a spy supposed to be meeting Joseph Roberts, and you think you've found him, you don't say "Are you Joseph Roberts?" Anyone can say "yes." Instead, you ask "I think I'm supposed to be meeting you. What's your name?" Only someone who knows you're supposed to be meeting Mr. Roberts can trick you then.
Anyway, I think if Hermione had taken a few seconds at some point in her life to think about how information flows work, she'd have realized that Harry's declaration of love was detailed in a way she didn't specify in her curse. People forced through an action by the Imperius curse do what they're told and stop. They don't go above and beyond. They don't create information out of nothing in hopes of pleasing the caster unless they're specifically ordered to. That was for real, and she should have known.
To be fair, she missed another obvious sign too. In class, he visibly resisted being told to jump. People jump all the time and don't mind. She should have realized that the bar for "objectionable enough to make Harry break out of the Imperius" is exceedingly low, and anything she made him do is something he really felt positively about.
11/20/2020 c1 2AndrewWolfe
Very well done!
8/12/2020 c1 annandul
This is right up there with George RR Martin's "The Second Kind of Loneliness" for being the kind of relatable gut-punch that leaves a person like me crying their eyes out because fuck someone else out there seems to get it.

I'm shocked by the number of negative reviews this has received. Thanks for writing this.
8/12/2020 c1 110Right What Is Wrong
Pretty bleak.

On the blackly humorous side, maybe this is how she got practice for her own parents in DH?
8/1/2020 c1 11stevem1
This is an incredibly sad story. Short of the obligation, if Hermione had trusted, it might have had a happy ending.
7/21/2020 c1 142Smithback
good
6/14/2020 c1 1redHussar
Whoah! Scary, dark and... where is exactly the difference between the normal marriage and this story, again? ;)
2/14/2020 c1 112dogbertcarroll
*wince* That hurt to read. She really should have waited to see how he reacted before obliviating him.
5/1/2019 c1 balancegrim
This was interesting. And while the basics of what he said were commanded, he goes above and beyond and it seems like he puts actual emotion in it.

I like to think he's deft enough to dodge and that his fear and confusion are more about her circumstances and what he just admitted than anything about the spell, but I always preferred sins to tragedies.

Good stuff.
4/27/2019 c1 ctc
surprise ending!
4/25/2019 c1 Guest
I've never come across Obliviation as a reason for my preferred H/Hr pairing. I think I prefer it that way. I wish I hadn't read your story about the possibility. I'll never think about H/Hr again. HP is ruined for m

*obliviate*

What was I saying? Anyway, great story!

:-)
4/24/2019 c1 6Yaw6113
Please write the next chapter already. Thank you very much. I really appreciated it and liked it a lot. Please write next that Hermione gets Harry into a dress and heels and wig. Thank you very much in advance.
23 Page 1 2 Next »