for The Ruby Pendant

5/26/2019 c11 Candylou
It seems like the situation just got far worse than it was. I hope the Hardys and the others can get out safely. Update when you can.
5/26/2019 c11 max2013
Kristen, you ARE the cog in the wheel that is wretching everything!
5/26/2019 c11 24Drumboy100
OMG, the terrorists knew not to specify WHICH friend they captured, bc nobody might have made an effort if they knew it was Kristen! I like the opener here, how (of course) Joe wants to punch his way out, while Frank (of course) wants alternate peaceful solutions. oooo friends with face masks, should have seen it coming and didn't! Frank and Illya "seeming to come to some kind of an understanding," am I reading more into that than intended or is there some kind of hatched plan? So there is a Marius/Sonya link.

Is there really only one more chapter? Then this is really Kristen's excuse, just that Vanessa is too perfect? And Vanessa is actually not perfect, since Joe wants Iola, not her, although I suppose Van/Joe's feelings could only surface years later. Kristen is either panicking or colossally stupid. Can't wait for the wrapup and reveal of the Four Winds!
5/24/2019 c10 15angelicalkiss
Chet seems to be in a heap of trouble being in a tunnel with no flashlight of any kind. I wouldnt trust Sonja or Marius or Illya at any point. why give the Illya the pendant too? some many things to think of!
5/23/2019 c10 24Drumboy100
Your class, your caste, your country, sect, your name or your tribe
There's people always dying, trying to keep them alive
There are bodies decomposing in containers tonight
In an abandoned building where
A squatter's made a mural of a Mexican girl
With fifteen cans of spray paint in a chemical swirl
She's standing in the ashes at the end of the world
Four winds blowing through her hair
But when great Satan's gone, the whore of Babylon
She just can't sustain the pressure where it's placed
She caves
The Bible's blind, the Torah's deaf, the Qu'ran's mute
If you burn them all together, you get close to the truth still
They are pouring over Sanskrit on the ivy league moons
While shadows lengthen in the sun
Cast on a school of meditation built to soften the times
And hold us at the center while the spiral unwinds
It's knocking over fences, crossing property lines
Four winds, cry until it comes
And it's the sum of man
Slouching towards Bethlehem
A heart just can't contain all of that empty space
It breaks, it breaks, it breaks
Well, I went back to my rented Cadillac and company jet
Like a newly orphaned refugee, retracing my steps
All the way to Cassadaga to commune with the dead
They said, 'You'd better look alive.'
And I was off to old Dakota where a genocide sleeps
In the black hills, the bad lands, the calloused east
I buried my ballast, I made my peace
Heard four winds leveling the pines
But when great Satan's gone, the whore of Babylon
She just can't remain with all that outer space
She breaks, she breaks, she caves, she caves
5/22/2019 c10 54EvergreenDreamweaver
Oh yikes, poor Chet! There are a lot of really despicable people in this story.

Revolutions apparently make strange bedfellows, to paraphrase a saying. Nobody knows who is doing what with whom, or why!

Well, now Kristen and Vanessa are on their own together. They'll have to learn to get along, I guess.
5/22/2019 c10 7ErinJordan
Please update soon. really enjoying this story
5/22/2019 c10 14Cherylann Rivers
Oh, boy. You did a great job capturing Chet's fear and uncertainty. I felt like I was with him there, scared and alone. I wonder what the meaning of "the four winds" is? Sonja is still a mysterious figure. It's good you are revealing her in bits and pieces here, as I want to know what she knows. I also love seeing the Hardy friends converse and figuring things out. Do Frank wants evidence- yay! How true to his character. I wonder how Natalia fits in here, if the theories are correct. Dramatic ending here!
5/22/2019 c10 max2013
Chet, you rock-Frank and Joe, good reasoning-Phil, good job-Van the author just stuck you with Kristen, so sorry for you!
5/22/2019 c10 Drumboy100
Again, I like how smart the chums are in this story. oooo the secret passageway was a trap! Or is it? Will Chet find his way out or will he need rescuing, as he frequently does? Now that's a nice twist ending, that, despite everyone's politics, the real motive might be a secret hidden Laurenian prince who wants his birthright. With only 2 chapters left, Kristen's attitude has got to play a role at some point.
5/22/2019 c10 Candylou
Just when you think they have a plan, the Hardys and their friends get into worse spots
I just hope they safely escape this mess. Is Illya the Prince. Guess we will just have to see whT happens next. Update when you can
5/19/2019 c9 Cherylann Rivers
What is Sonja’s deal? How did she know about Callie and Frank, since she never answered the question. Callie is absolutely right. People should be panicking more and they’re not. Why IS everyone calm? In a normal situation, there wouldn’t be time for Biff’s wisecracks or sarcasm in general, so I enjoyed the flair that you put into their characters. You have a little chemistry going with Joe and Van here; innocent, but there. As far as Frank is concerned, his cool demeanor is great. In his conversation with Kristen, he was kind and understanding. I noticed that she didn’t respond to what her deal was with Vanessa! I can’t believe you’re close to the end of the story! I feel like it’s picking up steam with every chapter. Always excited to read a new chapter!
5/19/2019 c9 15angelicalkiss
I'd like to know how Sonja knew who the Hardys were along with why she is the way she is. I like the line "a few fries short of a Happy Meal." I think it best describes her. as for Chet, what happened? update soon!
5/18/2019 c9 54EvergreenDreamweaver
It seems like there are several conflicting groups of people who want that pendant for whatever reasons. And Sonja is some kind of double agent. Maybe, lol! Or maybe not. I'm never any good at figuring these things out, so I imagine I'm dead wrong.
5/18/2019 c9 max2013
Kristen, are you about to put a kink in the works and screw everything up? Calm before the storm named Kristen?!
86 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »