for The Ruby Pendant

4/27/2019 c2 54EvergreenDreamweaver
Hmmm. Already they're running an investigation. It's just like reading canon Hardy Boys!

Does anyone else envision Illya Kuryakin every time Illya is mentioned?
4/27/2019 c1 EvergreenDreamweaver
Even going to a museum, the Hardys and their friends get involved in a revolution!

Okay, programmed to not like Kristen Meyers now.
4/26/2019 c2 24Drumboy100
Such an interesting setup for a mystery-working for the "bad guys" (although there is actually a chance that they are not exactly bad guys)-you've set up quite an interesting scenario in only two chapters. I like how the girls refused to hide from danger while the guys faced it...and Joe finally convinced them by saying that the girls needed to hide in order to help the whole group...the description of that vent made me claustrophobic! Hmmm, Illya covering for the two missing students, I'm not convinced that was entirely for good reasons. Such a good nod to the characters, Frank analyzing the mystery while Joe is thinking about fighting and escaping. Good chapter.
4/26/2019 c2 14Cherylann Rivers
The first thought that I had when reading this chapter was that WOW- do you write the original series reads; you really do. Second, my thought was WOW- Frank and Joe are the calmest teens I have ever seen under pressure... and then I cued point one again- haha. It was clever to hide Callie and Iola away, though I’d be so claustrophobic I might actually jump out and scare the gunmen! Also, now I’m wondering who will be taken and how the girls will be able to escape and how they’ll reunite with everyone. I still don’t trust Illya- no one is that calm when being shot at (other than the Hardys!). I was kind of chuckling at the teacher’s “I knew this would happen” comment as well as Biff almost not giving up his passport until Joe reminded him that he can’t use it if he’s, you know, dead. Of course the thieves are bad guys working for a (perceived) worthy cause, and naturally Frank and Joe will (unwillingly) assist them. So Hardy-esque that the bad guys want the help of the “amateur detectives.” I feel like I’m reading an old school Hardy book here- this is great! Keep up the good work!
4/25/2019 c2 max2013
And the hunt begins...really liking this-hope Iola and Callie can get help-awaiting update.
4/24/2019 c1 max2013
Glad to have you back-intense start-looking forward to more!
4/24/2019 c1 11LaurieQ
Interesting start and I am a complete history buff, so naturally the museum and its WWII exhibit has me intrigued. I've actually been on a trip to build houses abroad (in Jordan with Habitat), so this is certainly plausible as well. The t-shirts are funny for now but potentially trouble. Ah Joe and Frank - can't even keep put of trouble for one little chapter!
4/24/2019 c1 15angelicalkiss
interesting start! looking forward to more!
4/24/2019 c1 BMSH
I like international intrigue. Great start!
4/24/2019 c1 14Cherylann Rivers
I am super excited that you’re back, and with a series no less! What a breath of fresh air! You know, the scenario you paint about the kids going abroad to help build houses and the like really isn’t that far-fetched; it happens a lot. It also makes sense that the school board would pick the absolutely cheapest option to get the kids there! Haha. Anyway, I already suspect Ilya of something, based solely on the fact that he didn’t elaborate much on what he did and changed the subject a lot. He’s one to watch. The little feud with the girls will
Also be something to watch for, as if they get taken together, will it work against them getting rescued? There is always some fun dialog in your stories, too: Callie questioning Frank why he was going along with everyone wearing the matching American t-shirts (for the record, not a great idea in a post Cold War country! LOL), the chuckles about the Hardys and their penchant for trouble, and everyone’s enthusiasm for the WWII display (significant? I don’t know yet) were among them all. And whoa to the ending! Let’s hope everyone is okay and they get out of that country quickly... of course, then we wouldn’t have a story, huh? So glad to see you back!
4/24/2019 c1 24Drumboy100
So my first thought is how great it would be if the teacher was the bad guy, but I don't think he is...I googled to see if Laurenia is a real country, and didn't find much, besides a place in New Orleans-is this country named after Mrs. Hardy? :) I smiled at the matching shirts, but also worried that they will put a bull's eyes on our boys...everyone will know what group they're with. Does Kristen like Joe? And who in this group is dating? Very impressed with how much history these young adults know. I don't believe our tour guide is entirely innocent. Very nice action, getting this story off to a bang (forgive the pun!).
86 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6