FanFiction.Net
for Life's Illusion

5/11/2019 c3 Guest
You should cheek on Mukuro from Hitman Reborn. His a great illusion fighter.
5/12/2019 c2 Lull Meister
I myself wouldn't feel existential terror about the dragons and apocalypses cause I already know that fairy tail can handle them. I'd be really lazy in this life.
5/12/2019 c1 Lull Meister
Dark guilds are a thing, long as you're ok with eventually coming in conflict with one of the bright guilds like fairy tail. :P

On that note. Don't illusions branch into forbidden magic like charms - like the one used in the first episode by Mr. Salamander?
5/11/2019 c3 systeme
Absolutely love this story and the its going. And the feeling (and hope) is that Bishop is going too grow up too be a rather cold and emotion less on the outside.

Hope you continue this store. Have a great day!
5/11/2019 c3 3Zephyr47
Another nice chapter. I just hope you don’t spend too much time focusing on the training. Also it would be nice to know where he is in the timeline.
5/11/2019 c3 XorDart
too edgy to be honest why cant anybody just do a good hearted story oh well ill see where this goes
5/6/2019 c2 2Monxu Aki
Holly fuck! what an end. Surelly I imagined him saying that with a "I don't give a fuck" face.

God fic! hope to se how you develope the Ilusion magic! it has many uses
5/5/2019 c2 1Feline Evolutionary Dead End
I was put off at first by the fact that your SI retains all of their knowledge and experiences from the past life, so they behave far older than they actually are... but everything else so far is winning me over on this story. While minor, the explorations of canon lore are a welcome breath of fresh air. How magic can bond with a mage, making it their mainstay at the cost of making it nigh impossible to fully learn other types.

It's a small detail, but it's something I don't think canon ever touched. Your explanation in that regard is sound. Bishop's a weird name, but I kinda like it. It's simple, easy to remember, not generic Japanese claptrap like Sakura, Kai, or some unbelievably bland American name. You have no idea how happy I am you didn't have your SI gravitate towards a fucking Katana. I challenge you to find a more overrated and overused weapon in this medium of entertainment, or in Anime in general. I probably woulda ran for the hills if he stared at one and decided that is what he wanted. And yes, I am that petty :)

I like that you had your SI's adult magic container also basically gimps him, and the explanation for WHY that is the case. Illusion Magic is something I'm looking forward to seeing being taken advantage of. Even if it is basically just a party trick, I welcome it with open arms since it is not another magic that involves punching people really, REALLY hard, or God forbid Slayer Magic. Plus, the creativity in its applications is as wide as an ocean, whereas most other forms of magic used by OCs basically boil down to aforementioned punch someone really hard, or shoot lasers out of body parts.

Overall, this is off to a strong start. But if I may make a suggestion? Please don't try to follow the canon. OC stories are the most fun when it's THEIR story being told, and everything is derailed or the foundations of canon are eschewed in favor of new set-pieces and adventures. Fatalist OC fics are some of my most abhorred story types in this fandom, and really in this medium entirely. That's all I think.
5/5/2019 c2 3Zephyr47
Another great chapter. I think you did good in establishing his relationship with his parents. Can’t wait for the next chapter!
5/4/2019 c1 Master of Ghost
I think illusions are really op if you have the creativity
5/2/2019 c1 Guest
Cool so far. Hope to see it develop. Is the plan to use illusions like the kurama clan in naruto. Cya next time
5/1/2019 c1 Mola King
Mystogan is a badass despite only using Illusion Magic. Maybe he can eventually reach the point where he can impose his illusions on reality and turn "Truth" into "Illusion" and vise versa?
5/1/2019 c1 Mola King
Can he create "Real Illusions"? And by "Real Illusions" I mean illusions with substance or have a tangible effect over Real Space. What about messing with the minds of others? Make their brains think that the illusions are real and it responds accordingly like say illusory burns have the brain and body think it's real and damages itself in response?
5/1/2019 c1 Zephyr47
Like the concept you got going. I think it would be nice to see how your OC makes illusion magic work for him. It’ll be refreshing to see how a character uses magic that’s not as flashy as all the other magic in Fairy Tail. I would love to see more as soon as you can publish the next chapter.
1,139 « Prev Page 1 .. 66 73 74 75 76