for As Though He Were Your Own

7/21 c1 12excessivelyperky
I might add that Harry is not likely to become a rallying point for students at Hogwarts, for much the same reason James and his gang did not; this will definitely impact the war, especially after Dumbledore's death.

(Albus' best bet is to have the Death Eaters do in the Dursleys, to give Harry something to swear vengeance over).
10/26/2020 c1 11stevem1
This is pretty good. I could see Harry and Dudley being a bit like the Kray brothers, dark Hufflepuffs.
9/4/2020 c1 Guest
It's quite frightening to think of a harry as amoral and vicious as dudley.
3/22/2020 c1 Love2read23
This is such a different take and the whole if the Dursleys had raised Harry the same as Dudley. Wow. Thank you for sharing. I've always thought of Harry as innately kind but I can see how if he's treated just like Dudley he could grow up to be a bully (basically the type of person Snape always complains he is).
1/28/2020 c1 28duj
Dumbledore might have no qualms, but this Harry is much less likely to go along with his headmaster's plans. (I pity Snape if Harry does go to Hogwarts. This Harry won't just resent Snape's antipathy; he's likely to do something about it.)
11/30/2019 c1 Corwyn
Thanks for sharing this story with us.
9/18/2019 c1 Guest
I’d love to see a sequel to this
7/16/2019 c1 14Ogrebear
Interesting AU.

Harry and Dudley as brothers and bullies is a different take. Wonder what Dumbles will do if Harry won;t go to Hogwarts without Dudley... unless Dudley turns out to be a 'low power' wizard like Goyle?
6/6/2019 c1 Ekzentric Lohner
All that stuff about deeply valuing family and not wanting to go to Hogwarts unless Dudley can come with him makes me think this Harry will get sorted into Hufflepuff - and by the time he graduates, he'll have changed its reputation from "duffers and leftovers" to "Oh Merlin it's the black and yellow horde RUN AWAY!"
6/2/2019 c1 110Right What Is Wrong
This is a hideous possibility, but it's an interesting AU.

In defense of stories in which nice-to-Harry!Dursleys DON'T result in this outcome, I do wonder how much of Dudley's awfulness is mimicking what he sees at home. He grows up seeing that it's perfectly acceptable to maltreat others because you don't like them, and the Dursleys are occasionally violent towards Harry (though there's some implication that the blows don't land, either because of accidental magic or the vaunted 'blood protection' - see Vernon strangling Harry in Book 5). Is it any wonder he turns into a violent bully who goes after younger and smaller children?

Still, this is a plausible take I haven't often seen. (I think I've seen the occasional fic, but that was years ago.) Good job.
5/14/2019 c1 Forestalld
Neat. Your elaborations on the concept behind your oneshots are always pretty entertaining.
5/5/2019 c1 2Mr. Devilson
Nice one. I was actually thinking about this idea sometime ago. There are some fanfictions in witch Dursleys treat Harry well, but they usually change the Dursleys to very different people. I was thinking about how it would be if Dursleys were the same as in canon, but treated Harry well. And this one-shot beautifully daws a picture of such a possibility.
5/5/2019 c1 10Leyrann
I want to see more of this. It's an interesting idea.
5/4/2019 c1 KittenWithAnAx
Damn...that parallel world need a book!
5/4/2019 c1 Bluto
Too bad this is a one-shot honestly, I could see interesting paths a more Durselyish Harry could go down.