for Social Learning and the Theory of Constructed Emotion

7/26 c4 1clover cat Klee
thi is such an unexpectedly sweet thing! I like that you have them work on their social interactions and dynamics in such a real, adult, human way, because it is what irks me with the show to the point of not liking the show at all, and it somehow works t the point that really, genuinely enjoyed this story:)
3/8 c4 Chronic-Insomnia
I've never read a BBT fanfic before, but this one breezed into my all time favorite stories. The dynamic between the two is fantastic and reminds me of that Age of Conan episode. Looking back, their interactions are probably what I liked most about the show.
10/29/2020 c4 1Ceridwen Kalamack
This is awesome and how it should have gone on the show. Penny and Leonard make zero sense! And messing up an experiment like that is actually a very serious act of academic sabotage! They should have been fired! Since Sheldon would never out them, Penny should have made them pay. Please update, if you're still writing.
9/11/2020 c1 Mocc1
I loved this
6/16/2020 c4 23HalfBlackWolfDemon
Holy shit I fucking loved this. It's so well written and gives me such warm fuzzies to see the Arctic Expedition talked about so frankly. And while I think Leonard should have been punished more, i appreciate how tactfully you wove the story to make it VERY believable in how their characters are portrayed. Fuck man, I'm super excited for the next chapter!
6/7/2020 c4 Guest
Great story can wait to see where you take this.
5/4/2020 c4 4Ravenclawdiadem16
I really enjoyed that! A very unique spin on the characters
9/28/2019 c4 2BYoshi1993
I’m beginning to fall down the rabbit hole that is your profile. I really love how your characters feel and act. This story is also developing far beyond my expectations.

Your viewpoint on the series is also one that I’d never considered. I really fell off watching the last few seasons, so I feel like I should try to catch up to see if I come to the same conclusion.

Looking forward to whatever story I fall into next.
8/10/2019 c4 lmill123
I'm glad you came back to this story. I hope there won't be such a long wait till your next update.

Sheldon is still confused over any Penny chose him over Leonard. He doesn't see that the importance of friendships is just as important to Penny as to not cheating when in a relationship. Some things you just don't do. Despite how Sheldon acts and mostly out of ignorance, he holds through with many of the principles that Penny does. Principles that clearly Leonard never learned of was taught.

Despite being bullied as a child, Leonard is no different from the people that bullied him as a child. On thing Beverly did instill in Leonard was how to manipulate those around him. And he is very good at being passive aggressive and shifting the blame into others. Refusing to believe he did anything wrong. Much like Beverley believes how she treated Leonard was wrong and his problems are his own fault.
8/10/2019 c3 lmill123
I do love your thinking in your end notes. In many ways Sheldon is like a child, but interacting with people and understanding them he seems more like a toddler learning to walk.

Funny enough it reminded me of a 9 year old boy on America's Got Talent. The arrogance was all there along with the condensation when he talked. He would finish high school in two years before starting college. He just lacked the showing the childish side Sheldon showed.
8/10/2019 c2 lmill123
I agree with your outlook on the show. It became even worse when they paired Amy with Sheldon. And for someone who studied addiction for her Not to see the path Penny was headed down but to actually encourage and abet it along with Leonard should have been criminal but at the least Very abusive.

This is a Shenny , but not a romantic one which I like. Raj lacks a backbone and has a fear of once again being friendless. He was the only one that felt built and remorse for his part of the supposed prank. It was no longer a prank on Leonard's part but the actions of a vindictive and hateful little man set on destroying Sheldon's dream and life's work just to make him a laughing stock. Clearly there was a huge load of jealously there, not only for Sheldon's status as a scientist but also Sheldon's friendship with Penny.
8/5/2019 c4 chickeyd
This was a wonderful surprise. I dislike BBT a lot, but your fic premise was neat, and I wanted to give it a try. I'm very glad I did.
I love the character dynamics, and the characterization changes you've made. Changes may not be the right word because it feels more like you've reasonably fleshed them out and given them more body rather than any dramatic or out of character changes.
Some of my favorite scenes were the zoo for both the Penny & Raj bonding and Penny conceding to Sheldon's zoo ways; Penny going back to college; Penny and Sheldon going over body language was sweet; the fallout of the "prank"; Sheldon writing out what to say to Penny in response to her grades; Sheldon comforting Penny and opening up after the movie, and more.
Also, I liked how you captured Leonard's voice-it's probably me being petty, but he's always seemed kinda whiny to me and you capture that without bashing him.
Thanks for writing and sharing :)
8/2/2019 c4 4Misaki Eyva
OMG I Love it!
I loved the way you treat character development for both Sheldon and Penny. It's very realistic and very lovely. I confess that many small things in Big Bang Theory often annoy me for the way they ignore certain things in the name of humor, and although it's okay because it's a comedy show, but it still makes me want a version of the story where things could be different and the way you write it is just magnificent.
7/6/2019 c4 DeathCrawler
interesting story look forward the next chapters
7/1/2019 c4 Lendary
I'm really impressed with your characterisation work here. The cast and their interactions feel very true to what I recall of the show, even though you've placed them in different scenarios and gave the story a more serious tone than the series originally had. That takes a lot of skill.

If someone had asked me beforehand if you could make a serious, emotional BBT story while staying true to the show's characters, I would have said no. They seemed too exaggerated, too satirical for them to work as real people with serious feelings that don't just exist for dark humour. But I think you've pulled it off.

Sheldon maybe occasionally comes off a bit too much like a non science person's idea of a scientist, but the canon Sheldon did too, so I suppose that works.
39 Page 1 .. Last Next »