for What remains of her

6/17 c4 Rastertor
Please continue.
6/15 c4 ShadowCompanion
You're back! I look forward to the next chapter!
7/3/2019 c3 Lovestar
Update?
6/17/2019 c3 ShadowCompanion
This version of Kyouko is really weird. And... who is Taniguchi's girlfriend? Kuyou Suo?
6/6/2019 c3 1Sayresth
I'm guessing Tachibana and Fujiwara talking about "before" has some relevance. Before the change of the world? Or something else?
6/5/2019 c3 49Martin III
Another well-paced chapter. The schooltime chat felt realistic, and I enjoyed how the characters drop in and out of conversations, like the unheard exchange between Sasaki and Taniguchi. It gives things a more organic tone.

At first I thought the girl was Haruhi, either being somewhat out-of-character or changed by the conditions of this alternate universe. Mainly it was her sense of boredom and her instant rapport with Kyon, though I suppose maybe I've been subconsciously wondering when she's going to turn up. The girl's conversation with Kyon is interesting, though I don't know if her characterizations really feel any more like Kyouko Tachibana than Haruhi. Mainly, though, this is an intriguing way of setting up future plot developments.

Seems odd that the time traveler is still using the same Fujiwara pseudonym, but I suppose I haven't seen enough yet to know whether that makes sense or not. Still enjoying the cat plot thread. Lots of mystery here and I can't think up any possible answers yet.
5/30/2019 c2 Martin III
Not as much to say about this chapter since there's not much plot progression (not a bad thing), but I like Kyon's characterizations better here. His wit is on the mark, but more importantly, I got a strong sense of his characteristic acquiescence. His relationship with Sasaki is true to the source material, too.

One minor typographical issue: The past tense of "ring" is "rang" not "ringed". Yep, it's an irregular conjugation (man did those give me a headache in Spanish class).

The appearances by the cat (Shamisen?) are unpredictable and slightly creepy. I like how Kyon and Sasaki react to it, as a curious phenomenon to trade texts over. It really adds to the sense of realism. The handling of Kyon's sister works well on that front, too.
5/28/2019 c2 ShadowCompanion
The mystery is there, horrors on the way...
5/28/2019 c2 Lovestar
Seems vague enough to be a good fanfic so far, keep it up, Sasaki needs more love.
5/27/2019 c2 1Sayresth
Seems interesting, followed.
5/27/2019 c2 fencer29
Interesting to see how this continues to develop.

Meanwhile, just try and eat that cat! He may have something to say about that (and it may be more than just "meow")
5/24/2019 c1 49Martin III
Interesting start. Very mysterious. I like that you introduce more subtle altered universe elements first, such as Kyon going to school by bicycle instead of walking, before bringing Sasaki's presence to light. At first I even wondered if the bicycle thing might have been a simple mistake. Pondering who's behind the change and what their motive is, the obvious answer seems to be Sasaki - maybe even too obvious, but if accurate it leaves the greater mysteries of how she got the power to do it and who directed her to do it.

The writing is mostly of professional quality, and captures the intended mood. The pace is strong enough that I easily breezed through reading this chapter in one sitting. It never felt too slow or too fast to me. However, there are some typos which make it difficult to figure out what is meant, e.g. "I hope you didn't bring him up" and "It wouldn't be this first one she did that."

Your handling of Sasaki's difficult dialogue is excellent, very in character. Unfortunately, her characterization sometimes spills over into Kyon's during their conversations, so that it sounds like she's talking to a clone of herself. This may have been intentional, I suppose, but it's hard to think of a reason why it would be. At any rate, it's great to see a character who so rarely appears in fan fiction portrayed with such accuracy.
5/21/2019 c1 ShadowCompanion
I have been waiting a long time for the fanfic where the pairing is not Kyon and Haruhi (Im so bored because of this)... And it happened. Great!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service